Will Oct. 31st be Busy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Oct. 31st be Busy?

Just because it's Friday night, it might not help. People around here do other things Oct. 31st. Vandalism, parades, Trickie-Treaty, Partys.
    Second questiono you think Nov. 1, that Sat. will be busy?
    I have seen that November first hatchet fall very hard and fast, removing Haunted house thoughts as if they just were beheaded!
    ??
    Then there's the distraction of the election........
    Of course all this is so moot-point if the new Atomic particle accellerator they are firing up soon between France and Switzerland creates a hungry black hole where this planet is...
    "Mr. Scientist" sends his apologys for destroying our lives and everything we know and loved, but I guess furthering knowledge was all worth it, huh?
    Just like when the first A-Bomb was touched off. Some scientists were making bets it would chain-reaction away every particle of us all, but at least those Japs wouldn't have won either! Right?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

If you have a good haunt, it will be plenty busy on Friday Oct 31, you can bet on it. And Saturday Nov 1 should be worthwhile as well. As far as the election goes, that only adds to the fear factor. Obama or McCain-- both are pretty scary. Yeah, we've come a long way baby (downhill). But seriously, I've never seen outside events derail Halloween. People predicted 9/11 would kill the season in 2001. Friends urged me to shut down because people were scared enough already and it would be inappropriate to scare them more. "Bah! Humbug!" sez I. Instead, we just incorperated the Terrorism theme into our haunt and everything was fine. (Sure it was tasteless, but is anything in a haunted house meant to be tasteful? Perhaps a little more garnish on the bucket of blood?) Okay, so there was that Antrax thingy going round in our town (Tallahassee) at the time, but other than that, no problemo. I say go for both dates with both barrels blazing. But what do I know? I'm ready to vote for the Whigs again.
    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Since The Ravens Grin is open almost every night of the entire year, maybe people are going to the other haunts Oct.31st because it's their last chance(usually) to see them?
      Usually the last Saturday before Halloween is the busiest night of the year, isn't it? (With all things being equal, like mostly weather.
      I have been trying to figure out this business for many years, it's not quite as hard as trying to figure out the supernatural, been trying to figure that out too, especially when it shows up walking across the room, turning the doorknob, opening the door..nobody is there.
      We have some "special" help here.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
        ?
        Usually the last Saturday before Halloween is the busiest night of the year, isn't it?
        Jim, yep, our busiest night is the Saturday before Halloween and I see this year no different. People seem to like having a full day off (Saturdays) and attend haunts more so than if they worked earlier that day (or having to work the next day) and went to them that evening.
        But this year I see Halloween on a Friday as being a super busy night as will the day after (November 1st).
        This might be the perfect year as far as how the days run to the end.
        We will see..........
        Tom
        Creator of the Dungeon
        WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Jim I read this post and I thought it read, Will open oct 31st. LOL! Thats what lack of sleep will do to ya.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Zombies never sleep, maybe that's what makes them like that, Zombie?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

LoL! Is that the same about fish too? Or do they just dont have eyelids? You ever get that zombie cat Jim? You know the one that someone posted on here that one time with the rotted nose and stuff. LOL! How is everyones favorite feline havent heard anything out of Mr Tuxedo lately. Has he gone into retirement?
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Mr. Tuxedo

Is alive and fairly well.
                He is missing many teeth but still chews dry cat food?
                It is still amazing how many people think the picture of Mr. Tuxedo looming over the house is a picture of a real big cat! (Website picture and now a tee-shirt)
                "That's a BIG cat!"
                "Where's that big cat I saw in the picture?"
                "How come the big cat is not on the roof anymore?"
                "Wow! That's a big cat!"
                The way he looks in the picture he would be at least 24 feet long and probably weigh in as heavy as any elephant, now add big claws and teeth and cat-quickness and Watch out world!
                This is no joke. People have been very serious when they inquire about the big kitty.
                "He happens to be coming up behind you now!"
                One swat from one paw and their car goes rolling across the empty parking lot, rolling over four or five times!
                What a show!
                Come early to get a grandstand seat, bring your old beater car.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ya if he was that big why would you need a billboard or any other kind of advertisement?! Havent people ever heard of printshop? LOL! Thats pretty funny. Maybe they are just being sarcastic? I remember him being quite lap size to me. What have you been feeding this cat Jim? Some super steriod enchanced meow mix with catnip?! Customers youve got to love them. Theres no telling what they might say!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

I mixed up that super-steroid stuff in my bathtub and then forgot it was there, sat in the tub and now I'm considering a new, almost "Hollywood" career!
                    "BIG" is a three letter word, soon to be univerasaly replaced by the three letter word, "Jim".
                    "That thing is really very "Jim!"
                    A new oxymoron: Slim Jim.
                    Nope can't ever be that way again.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Of course. Kids are going to trick or treat and have there parents bring them to a huanted guaranteed. I have talked to numorous people that say they are going. I think it will be a bery good night. Slow till about 9 or so.

Comment

No Tricker-Treaters here.

Almost none, ever.
                        They used to have a program here where the Chief of Police would make personal phone calls and ask if their kid was home?" Let me speak to them."
                        A new watch was given out to the first however many kids were home at 9pm.
                        I don't know if they still do this or not.
                        Got to keep those kids off the streets, you know!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X