New Darkness Video - Check Me Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Darkness Video - Check Me Out!

A local radio DJ sent a couple of his people through The Darkness live on the radio earlier this week and they filmed it at the same time. Here's a link to the video:

http://www.971talk.com/Glover/index.aspx

Just click on "DGS at the Darkness" in the middle of the page and the video will start. That's me in the suit. It was fun. I'm a big fan of the show so it was an added bonus. At any rate, it's a big show here in St. Louis so it was great publicity. Check it out.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

That's AWESOME! What great footage!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Awesome Video!!! I LMAO at the ManBearPig comment. haha

Comment

Wow!! I was excited to see how the egyptian room turned out!! AWESOME

Comment

Was that the entire haunt or just a clip of their partial tour?

-Tim
          www.ghoulishgallery.com

Comment

wow. the place looks absolutly intense. the headless horseman scene is beautiful.

in all honesty, even though i am in actor, i still get freaked easily. the mirror maze would make me sh*t a brick.

awesome job guys!!!

Comment

Yes, the video looks good and im sure they didnt even touch the tip of the iceberg in whats all inside the darkensss, but after watching it i now feel like I dont wanna spend $50 during transworld to see it, and going during the season is not an option so maybe Larry will give me a tour sometime off season...
              Sean De Wane
              ----------------------------------------------
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

No, it's not a complete tour. They went all the way through...but they definitely cut a lot of the footage out. In fact, the coolest scene that we did this year is completely cut out of the video. They just showed some good bits and pieces where we scared them becasue the point was to poke fun at Tom and Becca for being scared. All in all, I'd be that only 30 to 40% of the place is actually depicted on the video.
                Kip Polley
                www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                We Engineer Fear

Comment

Originally posted by kpolley View Post
                  No, it's not a complete tour. They went all the way through...but they definitely cut a lot of the footage out. In fact, the coolest scene that we did this year is completely cut out of the video. They just showed some good bits and pieces where we scared them becasue the point was to poke fun at Tom and Becca for being scared. All in all, I'd be that only 30 to 40% of the place is actually depicted on the video.
                  THATS ONLY 40%???

DAMN!!!! i knew you guys were big but holy hell!

Comment

During the Transworld show I'm not doing any private tours for anyone... however we will be selling tickets to a private tour on Thursday all behind the scenes. On the behind the scenes tour you can walk around the attraction with a camera and what not, take photos, ask questions or whatever you want. I don't think people understand what it will take to open your haunt for an event like this and to go through all that work I won't be doing it for free.

We will totally redo the haunt just for Transworld, so even if you come out and see the attraction this Halloween season it still won't be the attraction we debut at Transworld not even a little bit.

If you came to the Darkness in 2007 and then 2008 people say CLEAR as day they know what is different, and are wowed by the improvements. Well we're doing a total redo of the Darkness just for this show.

So the photos you see, videos or whatever have nothing to do with what you will see at the Transworld show.

What we will build for Transworld Show is still on the drawing board however... here is a list of a few of the things I know for sure!

FOR STARTERS... in case you haven't seen ANY OF THE PHOTOS we are building an entire 16,000 square foot addition to our building, hence we'll have a new haunted house added just for Transworld that does not exist now. Secondly there will be a gift store built, and a small horror museum this will all be super cool.

Lastly, we will do some improvements to the Darkness itself, one of which will be an interactive pre-show room totally built out and themed. That will be new for sure... plus we will rebuild some of the scenes as well.

SO ... you will get your $50.00 worth by a long shot.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Our building currently is about 21,000 square feet. So how much of the building is haunt and how much isn't... hmmm.

There is about a 1,000 square foot office, a 1500 square foot que room, and maybe another 1 or 2k that isn't used for anything haunted. I'm guessing the Darkness is about 17,000 square feet of actually used space.

Now we're adding on another 15,000 in back, of which only HALF will be used for the haunted house... so when its all said and done the Darkness in total will be about 22 to 23 thousand square feet.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I thought the lights on tour was $100.00? Maybe it still is. Is that Thursdays or is that different. I will pay the $100.00 no problem for the full access behind the scenes ect. I just thought it was Friday night. I didnt know about Thursday. I would like to know more info please.
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

OM fricken G! $100.00 for a tour with the lights on?!?! WoW WoW WoW is all I have to say if thats true... Larry what ever happened to helping the haunt community, not anal raping them, for their hard earned money. Money that could be used to help support the haunt venders.

It's cheaper to buy a ticket to Disneyworld and you can learn alot more and have more fun...

Come to the De Wane Asylum... for $12.00 you can get a tour in full action. tell me your a haunt owner and for $12.00 you can get a full tour in action AND a lights on tour afterwards. Now I might not have the biggest, baddest CGI haunt but we got something good here that our customers like and we incorporate alot of Disney concepts...
                          Sean De Wane
                          The De Wane Asylum
                          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Yeah, ... $100... no thanks! I can go NOW for like $20 or less and I'm sure I would "learn" just as much!

... Or take Sean's advice and go to Disneyworld! lol! -Tyler
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler-

just bought my ticket to Disney you coming? I hear the Haunted Mansion calling our names!
                              Sean De Wane
                              The De Wane Asylum
                              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
                              X