No announcement yet.

Anyone attend The Scarefest convention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone attend The Scarefest convention?

We were happy to be a part of it. We had a booth and some of our characters walking arround taking pictures. Paramount was there filming and filmed some of our characters. they are doind a dvd on the Friday the 13th reunion. We also had the our haunt the "Nightmare Haunted House" open for the convention. We had a really good turn out considering we don't officially open for another two weeks. I wanted to post an e-mail i recieved from one of the attendees.........

Dear Dean,
    I hope this letter finds you well.
    My name is Rhonda Thompson and I was one of the lucky people to attend ScareFest its first year. This past Saturday, I was also one of the lucky individuals who had the pleasure of attending your Nightmare Haunted House preview. Let me just say "WOW!" I was really impressed with the work and effort put into it. 3 of my friends attended with me and, being 2nd from the rear of the line, ran over the 2 in front of me several times to get away from whatever was after me.

The Nightmare Haunted House surpassed all of my expectations. In no way do I claim to have nerves of steel, nor am I some self proclaimed expert of the do's and don'ts of haunted houses but because I am such a horror movie lover, being scared is not an easy task and rarely happens. There's a difference in being startled and being scared. Twice or thrice, like in the hallways and voodoo hut, I was startled because it was so difficult to tell the props from the actors hiding in the background but in the movie theater when Metal Face runs out of the screen, I feared for my life and again in the hallway running from a 2nd chainsaw wielding maniac who I did not see because I toppled 2 of my friends again to get away from it and the dude working the elevator was pretty freaky but my friend was terrified of him more than I was so he left me alone to cower in the opposite corner and went after her. Haha! He was awesome! And the Spinning Tunnel? Oh my gosh! I had never seen anything like that before! Top notch stuff! At the end, where the girl asked us to take the survey I not only put a mark on the "yes" side, but wrote "Hell Yes!!!" at the bottom and circled it. Haha!

Though I must admit a couple of years ago, I went to King's Island to check out Fear Fest and one of their haunted houses. Upon first entering I thought to myself "This looks strangely similar to the one at King's Island. I wonder if it's the same company or same group of people making this? Is this going to be the same stuff?" However, when we got around to the 3rd or 4th room (the one with the monster rabbit/gerbil thingy) I will whole heartily admit I was wrong....way way way wrong! This was no way like King's Island! If your haunted house is an annual event I will be there every year and bring as many friends as I can. In fact, I hope to make a 2nd trip when you open up in a few weeks. Why go out of state when you can stay right at home and get twice the scare I say. We all had Golden Tickets for free admission but $14 is not a bad price. With all the work put into it and the fear it brings out in people, I'd pay $20. The decor was great, the actors were great, the effects were great, the price is great, and it's the biggest, longest haunted house I've been in-ever! Thank you for restoring my faith in haunted houses. You guys know your stuff and keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
    --
    Rhonda Thompson

I just thought it was cool to get feedback like this. It lets me know were doing something right.
    www.2scary.com

Double post... sorry! -Tyler
    Last edited by Nightgore; 09-16-2008, 10:08 AM.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Double post... sorry! -Tyler
      Last edited by Nightgore; 09-16-2008, 10:08 AM.
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Dean,

I attended Scarefest and I must say "Nightmares" gave me a scae... just one though! ... I say the chainsaw gets me every damn time! I was there with my partner, kinda "scoping out" the competition!

You put on a really good show though, we'll be coming back around when you open... we should meet up and chat sometime!

Again, very good show... I hope you have an awesome season this year! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sure we will have to get together. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Dean
          www.2scary.com

Comment

No one else attended?
            www.2scary.com

Comment

Working...
            X