Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spookywoods Set Photos 2008

Hi Haunters,

We finally got to open Saturday September 27th, a tropical storm that stalled our over NC delayed our opening by two days. We sold our Hellevator room due to throughput issues and redesigned the small farm house start of our show. The hellevator room has now been turned into a nasty kitchen, the animated baby crying in this set is one of my favorite props this year.

As we are striving for attention to detail I wanted to point out Nate Mitchell from N8 Design designed this farm house and setup the lighting. In the kitchen set he mounted a strong moon light effect high up in the oak tree just outside the window to create the errie full moon look coming through the window.

The animated zombie baby crying profusley sets the mood nicely for this set.

The first room in the farm house introduces our guest to the legend of Red Creek Valley Ghost Town. My favorite touch in the set that N8 Designed is the music of the 1940's with the added scratches to the mp3 to simulate an old LP coming form the victrola. The look of a toasty fire in the wood stove made through lighting effects is another attention to detail I just love in this set.

The SAW bathroom set we had last season was an amazing set, but as we are known to change 100% the sets in the farm house. The bathroom set has been turned into a hidden room that is overgrown with vines. Details like the ceiling beams exposed to resemble a basement are nices touches. Minispot lights are used throughout our attraction, I highly recommend uses these lights as they are great for lighting mini spots. Imagine that! You can see the beams of light coming down from the ceiling that highlight the detail.

It is intresting to see this same set in our 2007 photo gallery and see the transformation. This set is where the blood of an inocent man is taken by cutting off the leg. The actor really has no leg and makes it look as real as it gets. The fire effect and the use of real material like the brick chimney is inspired by the 13th Gate tour this past summer. Scarefactories Granny Walker is in the closet on the path into the room which is my favorite pnematic prop of 2008, she gets a great scare everytime!

We decided to not have any known horror characters in our show this year, all of our actors are orginal and most have SpookywoodsFX.com costumes. The Egyptian set is incredible with our new Anubus full body costumes that will be at IAAPA in November. Shameless plug, sorry.

Here is the same room as the bathroom from SAW we created in 2007.

I'll post photos from the outside parts of our attraction as our photographer get more shots as the season progresses. More photos can be viewed on our gallery page on www.spookywoods.com.

I wish everyone the best of luck this season!
    Last edited by twohlgemuth; 09-28-2008, 10:25 PM.
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

Tony,

It's all looking amazing man! I can't wait to see this "new costume"... I'm sure it'll be freakin' amazing just like the others! Good luck man and have an AWESOME season! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Wow! Tony.....coming from a guy who knows film lighting........you all lit these scenes beautifully! What i wouldn't give to shoot a commercial in that "Saw" bathroom!

Why do you have to live 3000 miles away!! ha ha! Good luck this year.....I will be in NC in late october......i think i'll make a trip up to Spookywoods on the 25th!
      Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

Looks Great

I bet everyone has a blast this year! Shane and its Graystone Manor Shane this time!
        sigpic

Comment

Close up of animated Baby

I feel sorry in a way for the actor in this room having to hear this annoying crying baby for hours on end. But, I told her to take out her frustrations on the customers and scare the hell out of them!
          Tony Wohlgemuth,
          Kersey Valley, Inc.
          www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Very nice work...
            http://www.innerfears.com/
            http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Looks Really Good Tony!

We'll see you guys Thursday the crew is really excited about coming down!

Comment

Spookywoods Outside Photos

The tropical storm brought moisture that created an amazing natural fog layer over the farm. You can seen in this shot across our haunted corn field with the flame tower going off just how much fog we had.

The singing busts from Skull Tronics are at the begining of our outside maze, I just love these guys. Donna just had to buy 3, but we all know who's the boss! LOL

The fear is in their eyes watching Crazy Kristin from Distrotions going off in front of them. That's Ghost Ride Productions animated half body dude behind them with Scare Parts vacuform Castle wall panels. My message here is "Support your Haunt Vendors" if you don't buy from them they will not be around to bring more cool stuff to market!. Buy Spookywoods FX costumes for high end costumes. Shameless plug....

While I'm talking about vendors, my loyality to this industry is that if I see another vendor emerge that is just ripping off from another one I will only buy from the original vendor. We need to support each other to continue to push this industry we all love and stop the blood sucking wanna be vendors out. I will not mention any other FX names, but you will surely see more of this as the popularity of haunting becomes more mainstream and others want a piece of the pie.

Here is a shot of our Anubus character in the Eqyptian set.

Last edited by twohlgemuth; 09-28-2008, 10:31 PM.
                Tony Wohlgemuth,
                Kersey Valley, Inc.
                www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Spookywoods Graveyard

Inspired by the tour through some of the New Orleans graveyards on the HauntCon tour. Costumes by us of course. We had so many orders that we are still making the ones for our own show this week. You may notice that one zombie on the far left does not even have a mask yet in the photo below, customers come first!

Did you notice the zombie sitting down on the right. This actor loves his job as he will get you when the other one distracts you.

Last edited by twohlgemuth; 09-28-2008, 10:21 PM.
                  Tony Wohlgemuth,
                  Kersey Valley, Inc.
                  www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Great job Tony! I'm planning on doing some myself next weekend. We as owners should provide photos to the media not allow them to come and start taking pics with their flashes. We have to control what people see, and hear about our attractions. These are great PR photos.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

yes looks great nice work for sure best of luck for the years profits
                      The Care Taker
                      John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Spookywoods - More Outside Sets 2008

Voodoo Bayou - Water Blasters, Snacks, Dead Babies floating in the water, what more do you want?

Voodoo Witch, that's what they want! She is casting a spell on you as you walk across the swinging bridge.

Mental Hope - Zombie Babies, got to love em!

Not your normal hunting cabin deep in the woods, the Spookywoods that is!
                        Tony Wohlgemuth,
                        Kersey Valley, Inc.
                        www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Spookywoods - Outside Sets 2008

Gothic Horror - burned ruin

Inside Gothic Horror Ruin

Spookywoods FX Vampire - Shamless plug..... Get Some!
                          Tony Wohlgemuth,
                          Kersey Valley, Inc.
                          www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Spookywoods - Last Ride

You want a ride with smells or no smells?

The new Midway with retail shops and the last ride.

Gottca Coverd T-Shirt shop.

Chilling Magic - Where Magic and Horror Really Meet!
                            Tony Wohlgemuth,
                            Kersey Valley, Inc.
                            www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

HOLY SH*T TONY!!! Those shops and midway look amazing... oh, and the haunt looks great to! ... Your an inspiration Tony, thank you! -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X