Attendance Up or Down???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Kong

The big monkey climbed that brand new Empire State Building which to some people was a parable of the little, common man, large in sheer numbers but weak poitically and unorganised financially and politically ignored instead giving all breaks and perks to the richest , most powerfull people who could build the world's tallest building in 1932.
    Then that large population of mere unempowered masses climbs the rich man's empire building, shakes their collective fist ...and they shoot him without a second thought.
    Didn't a History Channel program about the Empire State building say that the offices within it were empty for most of the years it has been in existence?
    "Why did we build this thing?"
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Our numbers are over all the past year's and we had a tremendous 2nd weekend. We are even open less days yet we are ahead of last year's numbers.

Hopefully the trend will continue - as we too were looking for a dismal year w/ the economy and Wall Street in the dumps...

Good Luck - and hope the season continues to increase!

Comment

I would not get too excited either way this early in the season. I track each day and know my numbers for each day I I have ever been open. The weather (beautiful weather as well as cold and rain) can effect the customers coming along with a million different things. All we can do is design a good show, advertise, open the doors and count our sales at the end of the season....

Ron
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Well for us, we moved locations aboutn 20 miles away to a city rather than a borough and our attendance last weekend (opening weekend) made more than all season last year!
          We partnered up with the Pumkin Bumkin Fest in that town that's the weekend before Halloween and even secured R.A. Mihailoff for the 30th-31st-Nov. 1st!!! He was down last Tuesday before we opened and gave us his seal of approval!
          For all you who don't know...he played Leatherface in Texas Chainsaw Massacre III!!! (His folks live about 10 miles away from here and we called them and he was in town for October and traveling around to various haunts!)
          Only going to get better I hope!!!

Happy Haunting!

Kirk
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Nightshade Manor Reporting In

We opened tonight and our attendance increased 178% over last years opening night. Yes 178%! Looks like a great season is in store for us!
            Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 10-11-2008, 07:59 AM.
            Kevin
            MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

More media coverage for your haunt

I know y'all are really busy with your haunts, but I hope you'll take a moment to consider that your local media would be *very* interested to hear that your haunts are bucking the Wall Street trend.

This means the media could very well run a story on your haunt, thereby bringing you even more business.

I've offered a fr*e press release template on a separate thread. If you'd like to read the thread, it's at: http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ead.php?t=6233

I strongly recommend taking advantage of this situation. It may not be here next year.

If you're interested in the template, just shoot me a quick PM with your e-mail address. And if you have any questions about press releases in general, I'll be happy to answer them.

Congratulations to everybody!
              Sarah
              Sarah Meier
              Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
              "Words they remember you by"

Comment

We "The Dungeon Haunted Ride" opened last night and doubled our attendance from this time last year. I hope it goes like this the rest of the season and not just a fluke night. Gas prices are dropping alot here too (around $2.50 a gallon) so hopefully that will help a little as well.
                Glad to hear everyone else is on the increase and wish everyone a great season.

Tom
                Tom
                Creator of the Dungeon
                WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Time again to revisit this post...

Anymore updates from people. One group told me in their town attendance is down over 50%. How is everyone doing now? I can tell you EVERY vendor has told me they are very interested to know and concerned at the same time.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

So far so good for us. This is our tenth year open. 2006 was our best year ever and 2007 was next best. Right now we are neck and neck with the 2007 numbers. A few nights have been down a little and a few nights have been up a little compared to 2007. Last night we were down about 15% compared to the same Friday night last year. It was fairly cold last night so that may have affected attendance.

With Halloween falling on a Friday this year it makes our season have one more weekend than last year. That alone should make for a great month. I'm anxious to see how it all plays out. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

I would venture a guess that there may be some corrolation between location and how you're haunt is doing. Unfortunatly, I went from a well established haunt, to a first year haunt - and let me tell you, there is a HUGE difference in customer numbers.
                      I would say that the attendence is way down, but I've never been on the ground floor of a haunt before.
                      So really, I have done a Seinfeld post, alot of talk about nothing! LOL
                      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Here is our status... The Darkness is up right now about 15% from last year, this is exciting news and that is on top of the fact that we raised the prices by $2.00, raised prices on speed passes, kids prices just all across the board. So this is GREAT NEWS...

The bad news is our Creepyworld attendance is down but in a funny way... the attendance on weekdays is down about 40% every single day, but the attendance on weekends is for the most part up but overall we're down like maybe 10% overall at Creepyworld.

One thing this just goes to show is that people do not attend several haunts in the same city... Darkness gains Creepyworld loses, Creepyworld gains Darkness losses. Overall we're the same as last year just one is up and one is down.

This is also a funny year because Halloween in on a Friday. So we'll see how it all ends up.

Larr
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                        X