Haunted enterprises, UNSATISFACTORY CUSTOMER SERVICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted enterprises, UNSATISFACTORY CUSTOMER SERVICE

I have been a customer of Haunted Enterprises for many years. In fact one of my 1st purchases was from them when I started many years ago. This year in Houston in April I ordered a Machine Gun from them. It finally arrived a week ago today and lasted exactly 1 night FRIDAY. I have tried calling them 3-4 times a day since then, have emailed them twice, and have gotten no reply. A perfect example of a company that has lost my business, and hopefully yours, too...
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Thanks for this! This re-assures my stance of not doing business with them. Again, thanks... and I hope something possitive will come of this for you! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I thought this kind of thing was supposed to go on a different thread?

Can't speak to others' experiences, but we've been very happy with Haunted Enterprises this year and will continue to order from them next year.
      Scott Simmons
      The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
      http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

To be honest, they are probably the best, most efficient, and customer friendly company we dealt with this year. Keep in mind that not only do they run Haunted Enterprises, they also run a haunt complex in Vegas and like the rest of us are super busy. Tyler, if you're gonna chime in on a vendor issue, before you remark on a company, try spending some of your own money with them so you can be a knowlegeable and informed individual.

Comment

^ I don't have to... part of running a business is education, learning from other peoples mistakes, and knowing your industry. We will work with a company without doing our research, every product we buy, we look into as if EVERY penny is a MAJOR purchase.

Let's just we were buying erosion cloth from haunted enterprise (I don't even know if they offer it, but let's just say)... we would do just as much research into that as if we were buying a MAJOR animation from Unit70.

Know, don't give me the bullcrap about how different the products are and that erosion cloth can be found ALOT of places and the animation only one... it doesn't matter. I run a BUSINESS... and every penny we have has to be accounted for.

So, why would I want to do business with a company that, so far, has just as many good comments as bad complaints? That's a 50/50 chance I'll get screwed... so, I'll take my money, somewhere else.

Sorry to get so off topic, this thread should probably be moved to the "new" forum that deals with this stuff! -Tyler

PS: Also, some haunts will get better treatment and/or "preference" over others... the big name haunts will take first orders. I know you could say that the haunts with the biggest order SHOULD get taken care of first, but this is just a DUMBASS excuse used by both vendors and big haunt owners. Every haunt should be treated the same no matter how big the order is! Enough said.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler, some of your points are well taken. I'm by no means a big player in this industry and these people treated me like one. Don't write them off because of 1 guy being frustrated. As the great Larry Kirchner always says, "there are always 2 sides to every story!"

Comment

I find it funny that people have cried for the last couple of years about wanting a vendor feedback forum on here and have complained that Larry wouldn't make one. Now that he has created one and made it private it isn't being used.
              Jared Layman

Comment

Well, aren't you Albert Einstein!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Spooktakular View Post
                  ...As the great Larry Kirchner always says, "there are always 2 sides to every story!"
                  Yeah... his side and ... his side.

LOL. Sorry, just couldn't resist! :P
                  Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                  Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Haunted Enterprises did well by me this year. great last minute product, and customer service on the phone when I needed it.
                    Gravely MacCabre
                    aka Ricky Dick
                    Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
                    and
                    Midnight Monster Hop
                    Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
                    www.castleblood.com
                    www.midnightmonsterhop.com
                    www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
                    Lifetime achievement award winner
                    International Costumers Guild

Comment

We placed an order. Never got it nor any follow up. I plan to call tomorrow and tell them they can keep it. Our order was only a couple of hundred bucks but a phone call would have gone a long way.
                      Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Good luck contacting them. Their phone number says that their mailbox is full, and they have not responded to my emails....

Comment

I ran into the same thing. They even left an emergency contact number in the message last week and that mailbox is full too. If they would have just called we could have worked things out. But it just means no future sales for this company. We tend to place smaller orders with companies we have not bought from in the past. That way we can rate the price, customer service, speed of delivery, and quality of product delivered vs actually received. This year we ordered from three new companies two of which got reorders already. This one just happened to fail miserably. The bad thing is I can't even call to make sure they cancel the order because all the mailboxes are full. I know they come on here from time to time and hope they read this.
                          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Sorry to say,
                            I am sure now seeing that both of their mailboxes are full that they are so busy either working on orders, or their own event that they are overwhelmed.
                            It does happen at times.
                            I know them well enough to know if they knew they stiffed a customer they would not be happy about it.

This is the reason our company will not try to run an event alongside being a vendor. At this time of year, it is impossible to do both.

I am sorry to hear about your frustration
                            Kevin R. Alvey
                            info at gore-galore.com
                            www.gore-galore.com
                            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

And then you have companies that go above and beyond. Distortions, I have had to call them a bunch of times with questions and problems this year and I never have problems getting through. Adam from Poison Props, the same, always answers his phone or calls me back in an hour or so. Kevin from Gore Galore, again, always there.
                              Meanwhile STILL no contact from Haunted Enterprises. Mailbox is still full and no reply to emails. I really dont care if they are busy. If they are that busy running their haunt, then they should not be selling stuff. They got my $$ and all I have from them is a bunch of PVC

Comment

Working...
                              X