Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question, PLEASE help

Hello,

i am located in southern california, in rancho cucamonga.

we were wondering if we could get shut down if were just a home haunt.

a rather large home haunt that goes through my backyard and a 900 square foot shed.

if we dont charge an entrance fee, would home owners insurance cover it?

thanks
    Austin
    Skidduhlicious

Yes you can get shut down for many reasons, even if you do not charge. Homeowner's insurance, in most cases, will not cover this type of event.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Austin'

I would try calling your local fire department and tie them into your home haunt!! this sometimes helps by give away a little and get back alot (thats if you charge and if you dont ??? maybe you should) these are just my thought...

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by screamline studios View Post
        Austin'

I would try calling your local fire department and tie them into your home haunt!! this sometimes helps by give away a little and get back alot (thats if you charge and if you dont ??? maybe you should) these are just my thought...

Jason Blaszczak

The above is some good points.

Home Haunts do get shut down a lot depending on a few things.
        One like Jason said above perhaps call ur FD.

Thers a lot of other stuff though that goes into play with us homehaunters and how far u want to take it. Such as town/city codes....your homeowners INS and a few other things such as neighborhood peace and such

Comment

Scareshack is right sometimes if you do not include your neighbours they get bitter and could give your haunt a living hell..

Jason Blaszczak

Comment

If I remember my studies correctly, (I'm a licensed insurance agent) Homeowners would not cover it as it is. Call your insurance company and see if they have an amendment, or can suggest a company that can write a short term commercial policy. It would be worth it to protect you and your assets.
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

thanks for all the help everybody!

but about the insurance, i am only 15, so i cant afford haunted house insurance.

and Jason, im a little confused with your reply, your saying talk to my fire department and have them tell me what i can and cant do?

thanks
              Austin
              Skidduhlicious

Comment

If the haunt is at your parent's house - ask them to ask about the extra insurance. In today's soceity - people are sue-happy. If one person makes a mistake and gets hurt or hurts somebody - you and your parents could responsible (worst case scenario).
                Talking to the fire department is a very smart idea by Jason. They will help you with things like fire hazards, unsafe pathways, noise ordinances ect. If you listen to them, it could cut the chances of someone getting hurt considerably.
                Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I'm not so sure about inviting an inspection. It's probably better to try to slip under the radar, if possible.

If not, try to take a look at everything objectively before the inspector gets there. That extension cord with the bare spot, the one hanging down where everyone can grab it, and the slippery ramp in the darkest area of the haunt better be fixed before they get there. You don't want a bunch of obvious stuff that they can't miss the first time, and then have them notice other things on the reinspection. This could drag on until December.

In my area I have always found it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission, but that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                  X