Haunt Ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Ruined?

well everyone we open tommorow and well of course we are supposed to get heavy rain. so what can we do.
    our haunt is outdoors with no roof and we cant put tarps because firemarshall told us no.

so how can i get my lighting up without it getting soaked. i was thinking about making boxes or putting overhangs above the lights but not enought time.
    what should we do!!
    my folks want me to call it off!
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Is there any hope of changing out your lights with outdoor-safe lighting?

If there is enough rain, you may not have very many patrons, anyway.

Sarah
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

um im working on that actually
      we are going to loose a grand in lighting that we bought for it, but better than no lighting.
      also no air compessor or anything
      im just going to like try and cover everything and just see what happens
      its a real dissapointment honestly
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Nick,

Dont think of quiting! U have worked far to hard.

Where theres a will theres a way...that u have proved!

Cover stuff.....We used milk cartes and boxes we painted a few years ago to hide a few things and to keep them outta the rain.

Put the tarp over the structure if u need to protect it, dont let no one in though untill rain stops and u pull it off to keep fire marshall happy.

You have figured a lot out this far....dont let rain stop you!! Be smarrt...we know u are!

Take a deep breath...dont stress! I know ur haunt is Very important to you, and with a settled mind you will keep the show on.

Swap some lighting to out door floods....cover them foggers in a 3/4 style box along with what else u have.

Comment

allright
          here we go..
          im just going to calm down and do what i can.
          i can do this!

Comment

Do Not Give Up. I Watched You Post Some Awesome Doc. On Your Haunt!!!!!!!!.great Job You Can Overcome,and Adapt You Are Destined For Greatness Never Say Die !!!!!!!!!!!,like The Preveious Posts Find A Way To Cover It Up Clean Paint Cans,do Whatever It Takes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sometime fate or whatever conspires against us and we are forced to bang our head against the wall and cry WHY?!! Keep in mind that many times we do not know why stuff happened, sometimes that question is not answered as soon as we want, but I do think there is a reason. Sometimes it might be as simple as seeing that you have what it takes to survive and maybe thrive through the problem. So many times it would be easy to say screw it and just refuse to deal with the problem, but imagine how sweet the victory tastes if you just dig deeper and finish the race........

Wishing you all the best my friend!!
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Nick, everybodys right keep pushing man! Were an outdoor show as well and have already had two rain outs thus far and today looks like it's going to be real bad as well.

What you will find happen is all those people that didn't show up the day it poured come out in droves the following day and love what you give them.

Like everybody said you worked too hard to just give up, get the rain gear out and keep working. If you want to be a haunter this is just one of thousands of things you have to defeat.

Comment

thanks everybody im trying my best here hopefully it all works out

also we had the fire marshall out last night and he said everything was great and hes actually coming to the party lol

Comment

Use low voltage Malibu Lighting, it is made for outdoors and should be fine.

You can use colored gel over the lights and you are set!
                    Ben Armstrong
                    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                    www.Fearworld.com
                    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Dont put everything into a forcast. It doesnt rain everytime the weather man says. And if its raining lightly who will notice. They will too scared to care! Good luck and Happy Haunting!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        we are soaked all the props are soaked we are tired as hell and we are too tired to think but we did it!!!
                        we had about 100 people for it not bad for how bad weather was
                        THANK YOU for all of your support,
                        also next weekend were expect hundreds almost a thousand people, we got dj and bands coming out as well

Comment

Plastic Bins, tubs.

Turned upside down to make weather-proof vessels for some electronic equiptment, like switching devices or sound equiptment.
                          If you use them upright check the lid for leakage and drill some drain holes for water that gets in anyway.
                          Look for low spots and avoid placing such items there as rain does accumulate after the ground gets soaked. A brick or two under something might make all the difference. Good Luck! We all also need some of that.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                          X