Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Count, Peed pants count

We had some fun with this last weekend.

We began posting a chicken count at the front entrance. Every chicken we had, we chalked it up on a big board.

Every peed pants, chalk it up.

I also used it in my pre-game speech to the actors. I reminded them of the high water mark for chickens and peed pants and encouraged them to do their best to break that record.

The guests waiting to go in got a huge kick out of it as we added numbers to it.

We made a big production, one of the staff in the haunted hospital would run out and shout "Add another chicken" and then the front desk staff would cheer and high five as they added to the board.

Anyone else do something like this???????

We've never tallied peed pants/chickens on a chalkboard before, but maybe we should start.

When it came to counting how many people loss bodily function, we just counted the puddles on the floor. No, really, that's how it went.

All good fun.....until stomach fluid started appearing on the ground.

Comment

We kept up with this much closer last year and it was fun for the whole crew, I should have done a better job of it this year. We did have a poo accident that I know of not a good thing at all.
      sigpic

Comment

I Guess You Enjoy A Seasonal Luxury?

I'm open almost every night of the year and many Sat. & Sun. afternoons. This place is a tourist attraction. I need every potentual paying body coming through my door to advertise , in a positive way, their fun experiences they enjoyed here.
        Do people messing themselves infront of their friends ever return to do this again? Do they return bringing friends and relatives?
        I tend to think they do not.
        Lost income. Never to return.
        How much did you spend on ads to get that person to hand over that ticket money?
        Now you have to start all over again....

Is screaming in someone's face really "scary"?
        The micro-second it happens I think the mind recognises and identifys it as such, thereby actually not being as scary as it could be if the mind were more subtly involved and gradually stimulated creating more anticipation and yes, even "mystery".

Pandering to the younger teenage sensibilitys does pay the bills for many of us, I like to entice those abit older, those with driver's licenses and cars since it is a drive to get here. And know what? My ears really can't take the 14 yr. old girl chorus shrilly unexpectantly screaming in my face for no reason anymore.
        "Huh? What did you say? What?"
        We all kind of do different things when it comes to "entertaining".
        If making people mess themselves works for you and your business, that's good, I guess?
        Rent them showers and changing rooms next year, if they return.
        I am sure some of them do return, seeing it as a challenge.
        Drunks see many challenges that sober people somehow miss......."That guy thinks I can't climb up his downspout and get on the roof, I'll show him!"
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I can see your point Jim but we are open only during October and only bill ourselves as an haunted attraction. We want to be very scary and trust me we do not just pander to the 14 year old as the vast majority of our patrons are in their 20's. We try to have something for everyone, good set design, theme that is consistent, ambient sounds, good props and animatronics as well as key actors. So far this year the reviews have been excellent with word of mouth spreading like wild fire. I guess it is much like the touching in some attractions, it is what you feel will produce the best numbers and the kind of attraction you want.

I can however see we have had far fewer people doing that than last year but our numbers are much better over all. SO maybe it is away to get yourself out as being a solid scary attraction but something you want to taper off as you get your name out, I do wee your point...I mean see. And of course there is always going to be that person that will enter an attraction that just can not handle it no matter how mild or entertaining it is.

And we did have some of the people who wet themselves come back this year, of course they went to the bathroom before entering this time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boni View Post

Anyone else do something like this???????

We had a tally in "06, and we had something like 15 to 18 chickens, but sadly only 3 pee pee's.

I cant wait to do this stuff again!
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I've ran haunted houses for the past nine years, and am helping out a volunteer fire dept on their first year haunt this year. One of the guys is keeping track of how many people peed themselves by marking a red line on the exit door. Last week they had a 23-year-old woman pee herself. Last night we had two college girls pee themselves (and they were together), and someone else left their yellow trail as well. Maybe next year they will keep track of the chickens as well.
              Steven
              Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

this year being a home haunt were doing $10 to every actor that makes a visitor pee there pants lol
                Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

..and you passed out $300 before you found the employee's super-soaker squirt gun!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Last night we had a woman who shat herself within ten feet of the first hallway. All she saw prior to this was a Maniac prop, and a hanging vampire prop.
                    Steven

Comment

we had a few pee themselves last night, but also one lady poked her friend in the eye after the chainsaw came out at her.....weird lol
                      Drew and Shane
                      www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

Lord Barnabus

I'm just wondering about the image or video that photobucket found a need to remove or delete. Do you mind sharing details about that? Thanks!

Comment

It might be that I have not visited HauntWorld in a while, or maybe the image is no longer on photo bucket. A few years ago I had someone in the HauntWorld community design a logo for my haunt. The image that used to be in that box was my logo. I would gladly remove that box if I knew how to do so, but I don't. My logo is on a computer that crashed earlier this year. My other choice would be to scan the logo in on my scanner and transfer it onto here somehow. But of course I have no clue how to do that either. So any help would be great.
                          Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Barnabus View Post
                            Last night we had a woman who shat herself within ten feet of the first hallway. All she saw prior to this was a Maniac prop, and a hanging vampire prop.
                            wow.

That's all I can say to that....... wow.
                            Brad Bowen
                            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                            X