We Bury Charlie On Halloween.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Bury Charlie On Halloween.

My next door business neighbor will be buried on this Halloween, owner of Charlie's Taven.
    Right in his obituary it says how he once wrestled a bear. He had.
    How he had once climbed a telephone pole backwards. He had.
    He was a strong guy.
    He was the smartest businessman and promoter in this town.
    Of course he didn't show this often to many people, he played it simple and rural in his mannerisms and speech and dress.
    One of the people close to him said they imagined if Charlie ever had much to say about his being buried on October 31st. That hwe would probably say, "Sometime you have to bury the devil!)
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Sorry to hear about Charlie Jim. I really enjoyed going up there and getting to eat in his bar that night Kevin and I came up. Sorry if this Halloween is a sad one for you. Take care. And Happy Halloween!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

.....sad to hear about it.... My wife's grandfather used to play there many years ago...... Sounds like a great guy who lead an interesting life while never being forced to become what popular culture and the media calls profitable or successful. In reality he was a very profitable and successful guy in the stories he left and the legend he made locally. A guy that will live on long past most anyone's money ever will....

I have to add that the name Charlie's Taven was very familiar and it took my wife to give me the reminder of her grandfather and the stories of playing there.
      http://www.innerfears.com/
      http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Grave Location:

Charlie is buried half-way between the two towns he owned businesses in, Mount Carroll and Savanna, Ill. in the newly expanded Center Hilll Church graveyard, beside rt. 64, on a hill with quite a veiw, abbuting Charlie's one farm.
        This piece of ground was once where Charlie's small herd of buffalo grazed....
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X