Spring Break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Break?

How many haunted attractions plan to be open for Spring Break next year? We did this for two weekends last year and had a pretty good turn out for our first time doing it. Of course, now we've moved to a new location so it'll have to be test run again. Also, are there haunted attractions out there that do theme parties and/or weddings? I'd love to hear your insights and experiences! Feel free to email me at info@eurekascreams.com if you'd be willing to share or discuss. Thanks!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

What is your definition of pretty good? 50 per night, 100 per night, 200 per night?
    We're pondering this.

Comment

Doesn't the time of spring break vary for different schools? Do you have a college near by that you open for?
      sigpic
      Louis Brown
      Owner, operator, and dish washer
      at
      DarkWood Manor

Comment

Cydney Neil did this and said it was very successful she called it SCREAM BREAK... I don't know how successful it really can be without a very successful marketing effort. With the Darkness we plan on opening it year around after this March... we will rebuild the WHOLE ENTIRE Darkness for Transworld show, then from that date on we will never let the haunt be out of commission. What we plan on doing is opening for groups, conventions stuff like this... we joined our local convention associations and we get leads on groups. Some of those groups are 10,000 plus people...if we can book 1000 for $25.00 per person it makes it worth opening for one night only.

We are hiring someone to book the groups I will let you know how it turns out.

As for SPRING BREAK... yes we are opening FOR THE HAUNT SHOW!!!! LOL

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I think we are going to try it. I have a fellow doing an independent film on haunts who wants to shoot some film before next fall, etc. so we thought we would give it a shot.

We're just going to open one Friday and Saturday and call it Scream break... do some radio and really hit the Myspace Facebook stuff...

I don't expect much, but we're going to try it out. It gives us some goals for build team to stay on schedule if nothing else.
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

has anyone ever thought of opening up like around christmas break? we are thinking about doing it maybe for a weekend before christmas and call it the nightmare before christmas and change a few scenes up but it would mainly be kinda like a encore for people..alot of people are home for the holidays and there is usually nothing to do you know

Comment

Here in northwestern Illinois the weather calls the shots.
              I have people get all very excited about being here around Christmas then we have --10 degrees, ice and snow...so forget it!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Raycliff Manor View Post
                How many haunted attractions plan to be open for Spring Break next year? We did this for two weekends last year and had a pretty good turn out for our first time doing it. Of course, now we've moved to a new location so it'll have to be test run again. Also, are there haunted attractions out there that do theme parties and/or weddings? I'd love to hear your insights and experiences! Feel free to email me at info@eurekascreams.com if you'd be willing to share or discuss. Thanks!

Kel
                Kel, go for it man.

The only downside is though, that ya'll dont get to be in a parade again, like ya'll did last year.

......Man that was fun. I was SO warn out after that parade!
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Larry wrote: "What we plan on doing is opening for groups, conventions stuff like this... we joined our local convention associations and we get leads on groups."

Larry, this is exactly what we are looking to do. The joplin Convention and Visitors Bureau is awesome and very helpful. We're not sure what all conventions and/or groups come to the area as of yet, but I'm about to investigate that as well.

In answer to the question what is good attendance, I guess it depends on the specific haunts overhead. Because we are now purchasing the property and because we are a for-profit and pay our Fright Team members, our overhead may be higher than others. The way we looked at it last year, it was an investment in our Fright Team. It gave them another opportunity to get together and sustain the Fright Team bond. It also served as an opportunity to keep our attraction on the forefront of the press and media and to further brand Raycliff Manor. In the best case scenario, some profit will be made to be invested in improvements and even greater marketing and advertising efforts!:-D

You definitely want to find out when the college/s in your area are having their spring break. I'm wondering if it would be better to be open the weekend Spring Break begins, or at the end of the break. My inclination would be to do it at the beginning before all the money is spent. Any thoughts or insights from anyone on this?

Brad, you are more than welcome to come join us at Raycliff Manor again any time! Your high energy when haunting is definitely contageous and you inspired the team!!!

Kel
                  sigpic
                  Kelly Allen
                  www.RaycliffManor.com
                  www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Oh yeah, I agree with Jim... We get harsh winter weather here so we can't even take a risk on trying to be open for the Christmas holidays. We'll be taking down our facade and storing it inside in the next couple of weeks and it'll stay in storage until spring. I wish we could give the Christmas Holidays a go though. If I were still on the West Coast I would probably try it.

Kel
                    sigpic
                    Kelly Allen
                    www.RaycliffManor.com
                    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Originally posted by Raycliff Manor View Post
                      Brad, you are more than welcome to come join us at Raycliff Manor again any time! Your high energy when haunting is definitely contageous and you inspired the team!!!

Kel

Thanks a lot Kel. I would love to come back up there for you guys.

I know we had tons of fun those 2 nights!!!!
                      Brad Bowen
                      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I'm sure those of us that are home haunts could never make it work over spring break or anytime other than halloween for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by thehauntedhall View Post
                          has anyone ever thought of opening up like around christmas break?
                          A friend in Nashville did this Scrooge re-dress of his haunted attraction with a great story line, etc. It was awesome. Unfortunately it did no business. All that work for nothing. The few that did see the show agreed it was spectacular.

Go figure

KDaddy
                          Hauntus Emeritus
                          Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                          Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Colleges 2009 schedules

We are thinking of opening for Spring Break as well. I have researched the state high scholl database and colleges. The following is a website I found from Panama City, Florida that lists the colleges across America schedule. Here it is in case anyone could use it. http://www.panamacitymetro.com/springbreakdates.html
                            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

I would open the weekend after Spring Break because many people have either already left Friday morning or Friday evening, or are leaving at the crack of dawn Saturday morning, so going out the night before would not be in the plans. This assumes you are trying to get the vacationers to come too.

A lot of these people will be back in town by the following Friday or Saturday to recoup for a day or two before going back to school/work.

Now if you are not after the vacation crowd and want to focus on those poor souls who are hanging around at home, the first weekend would probably be better.

The first weekend might be better this year as less people will be taking long spring breaks to Florida, Texas, Arizona and instead staying home and looking for local fun stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X