SHOCKING, SAD, UNREAL... Haunt Actor Killed in hautned house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOCKING, SAD, UNREAL... Haunt Actor Killed in hautned house

This is very sad especially if you watch the video...

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Here is a link to the haunted house in Atlanta...

http://psychoshack.com/
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

It's this exact kind of freak accident that warrants my "safety monitor" ways and why I get pissed if the staff paid to walk through and check on the actors doesn't do their job. My heart bleeds for this family, my thoughts and prayers are with her.
      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

This hits on so many levels, being a haunt owner you never want to see anyone get hurt or injured at your haunt both for legal reasons as well as because we try to design things so they are safe.
        Then as a parent, and how you worry about your own kids when they are out.

My heart goes out to all concerned...
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Hey Larry,

Maybe this is a good time for our haunt community to come together and do something for the family. $50 from each haunt would go a long way. Maybe Ben can find out more information since its in his neck of the woods.

Wayne
          www.trailofterror.com

Comment

What is totally upsetting to me is that this haunt on the front page of their site says something about thanks for a great year check back for info on 2009.

Where is the dedication to this kid, their actor, some mothers child?

If this happened to me, which I hope it NEVER happens, I would personally be devestated, and would reach out to the family, and at the very least a dedication would be listed on the front page of my website.

I have two kid, and the mere thought of losing my ONLY SON while working on the job might cause me to jump off a cliff, I doubt I could ever sleep, I'd probably throw up each day, and cry 10 times a day.

I'd be heartbroken! I really feel sorry for this mother who must go on without her baby! I would love for someone to get in touch with the mother and let me know if you can get a number anything.

I want to run a dedication for this HAUNT ACTOR and I'm sure he was one of the best, in the next magazine! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Will the owners of this attraction STAND UP and dedicate your website to YOUR OWN ACTOR? Come on!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

That's just tragic and sad. I can't beleive the haunt doesn't have some sort of "In Memory" mention to him.

Safety is one of the most important aspects of a haunt, and I understand accidents happen, but for a young actor to lose his life is devastating.

Larry, I like your idea of running a dedication to him. I couldn't imagine the pain the mother is going through and I wish there was a way we could help.
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

This is indeed very sad. Things like this should not happen. I was shocked as well that there is no mention of this tragic incident on their web site. It is possible that their lawyer told them not to post anything at this point. I am sure there will be law suits stemming from this. But they could have at least put up some sort of memorial.

We had a customer die in our haunt a few years ago. He had a heart attack. His family later explained that he had a very serious heart condition and should have never gone through the haunt in the first place. I still feel bad to this day about it. We offered the family a dollar from every ticket sold that year. They refused the money, stating they did not blame us for what happened. I still keep in touch with his wife from time to time. This haunt should at least offer to pay for funeral expenses. It's the least they can do.

I don't know if I could live with myself if this had been one of my actors. I think of them as my kids and they call me dad. How horrible.

My thoughts are with his family.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                Deadly Intentions Haunted House
                www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

The video on the front page of someone being executed seems in poor taste right now.

Comment

Ya I saw that too. They should pull it for awhile a least.
                    Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                    What is totally upsetting to me is that this haunt on the front page of their site says something about thanks for a great year check back for info on 2009.

Where is the dedication to this kid, their actor, some mothers child?

If this happened to me, which I hope it NEVER happens, I would personally be devestated, and would reach out to the family, and at the very least a dedication would be listed on the front page of my website.

I have two kid, and the mere thought of losing my ONLY SON while working on the job might cause me to jump off a cliff, I doubt I could ever sleep, I'd probably throw up each day, and cry 10 times a day.

I'd be heartbroken! I really feel sorry for this mother who must go on without her baby! I would love for someone to get in touch with the mother and let me know if you can get a number anything.

I want to run a dedication for this HAUNT ACTOR and I'm sure he was one of the best, in the next magazine! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Will the owners of this attraction STAND UP and dedicate your website to YOUR OWN ACTOR? Come on!

Larry
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Ya I agree with Thin Ice or something... don't just leave that website up with 'Thanks for a great year see you in 2009'. How great was the year, when one of your actors was killed inside your haunt?

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

I was told a story about a haunted house, as in haunted by the supernatural, where a man fell part way down the basement stairs when the locked basement door suddenly opened, his neck got tangled in a drooping electrical wire and he was killed.
                        Was it a freak accident? Or did some customer take things too far?
                        A dark place where numerous loud noises and screams fill the air and fake blood is everywhere sounds like a real murderer's dream location.
                        I noticed their employment ad said you had to be 18 , didn't they say the victim was only 17?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Recignition from Ceasar
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I can understand from a business standpoint that they might not want to advertise that someone was killed inside their attraction, but I agree that "Thanks for a great season" is in poor taste. I hope that in-private they are doing all they can for the boy's mother. This is such a sad situation.

I agree with Jim too... the circumstances make you wonder if it was strictly an accident.

Comment

I will say this much and that is there is no way everyone doesn't already know about it so why hide it on your website? I agree with you that no you don't want your business ruined over what was an accident but really we don't know if it was or wasn't yet because they are still investigating.

Why was something hanging in the first place that could hurt someone ... this could have happened to a customer or an actor. I really don't know what happened so I really shouldn't say but I'm sure it will all come out in the end.

I hope that on the part of the haunt itself they did nothing wrong, and it was just an accident that no one could have expected, I really do, not only for their sake, but for this boys mothers sake. You don't want to go on the rest of your life thinking about how someone did something unsafe that caused your son to die, you'd much rather know it was something like a freak accident.

I wish NO ill will onto the haunt itself, but to say thanks for a great season come back and see us in 2009 is totally heartless. If one of your actors died of a heart attack or in a car accident you know you'd put something up, so I guess because you want to look out for your own ass you dont...

If anyone knows how to contact the mother please let me know.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X