So it begins... Darkness Transworld Haunt Show Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it begins... Darkness Transworld Haunt Show Photos

Okay folks... we are days away from launching www.TheDarkness.com all the ticking info, all the info on the haunts opening you name it will be added to this site. I hope it will be online within the next couple of days.

Very soon folks.

I want to thank our sponsors... Interactive Ticketing, and Rogues Hollow.

Yes I will be adding photos as we go. Today is the day...four guys start tearing stuff out TODAY! We will start building the new scenes probably in about 7 or 10 days. We first need to tear out the old stuff, and clean up the storage room, and the entire attraction.

A 40 yard container is showing up today and the ripping out of everything starts.

Okay here is an update as to what is going to be added prior to March 2009.

Main Floor: Tomb Theme

1) Interactive Themed Que Line
    2) Torture Chamber
    3) Cave

Second Floor: Mansion

1) Green House
    2) Rats and more Rats Room
    3) Re-Theming an Re-directing several of the rooms.

New Building: 7,000 square foot add on

1) Terror Visions: Freak Show Haunt in 3D with a SECRET TWIST
    2) Monster Museum and Horror Arcade
    3) Darkness Gift Store

All of this and so much more... I already have several vendors working on SECRET new animations and props. We will actually build most of the animations ourselves with vendors making the monster part.

Here is the first photo of the new building almost done. The building is getting the roof, bricks and sprinkler started THIS WEEK. The building should be done 110% within 4 weeks or before the end of this year. We'll have 2 and a half months to build eveything in the new building. It will be TOUGH!

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

That is fantastic! I'm a very big fan of your work! I've been to your show twice (2005 & 2008) and I was very impressed each time! I read about your expansion on your website and when we last visited The Darkness I saw the structure in back and was really excited to have known what was going on back there!

I actually saw you in the ticket booth at Creepyworld and was really tempted to come up and say something to you about how I was a fan (I'm a bit of a chicken ) but I really wished I would have! I'm hoping to attend Transworld this year so maybe I'll be able to meet you then!

Until then keep up the great work! You're an inspiration!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I'm getting very excited! We are bringing a big part of our crew with us to St. Louis, but I think only my business partner and I will attend the lights on Darkness tour. Please keep us up to date on this! Thanks. -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Very cool

Very much looking forward to this event!

Comment

Two Thumbs Up!!!!
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The new building looks huge, is it two floors or one with a high ceiling? I'm looking forward to seeing your haunt in march. At the tour will you have tee shirts for sale? I get tees at all the haunts I go to , if they have them for sale.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I am surprised you invested in all those windows for a haunt building, is there a reason...I assumed you would save the expense and the problem of all the ambient light coming in..
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

yes very true
                didnt the darkness get all new windows last year?
                any reason?
                Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I'll bet this side is offices. Larry's office is the top floor penthouse that is 8,000 SF with just a desk and a bear skin rug in the middle. Mister Big will see you now....
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

About the windows, this is just a guess... But The Darkness is right next to a very large high end condos, so I'm wondering if there were some agreement between the two that if they were to add on, it would have to look nice considering many condos face The Darkness Building.

And if I remember correctly there was a guy that said The Darkness actually used to be in the building that the condos are in currently...

Just my guess... .
                    Zach Wiechmann
                    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Are you guys serious? Why did we add windows to a building? This is a $600,000.00 building, you have to add windows. We may sell this building down the road, it could be just about anything. You can't not have windows.

The windows are costing about 40,000.00 its just part of what is added to any building, any house, blah, blah.

I'm not putting a haunted house in the bottom floor it will be a shop or something it all needs windows.

Lastly, the new building needs to match the existing building and the windows match...

As for windows on the Darkness last year yes we replaced all the windows on the first floor, and now all the windows on the new building match those windows.

After next Halloween we'll replace all the windows on the second floor as well.

Those windows also open so on a nice day we can let some air into the building.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Actually the whole building has windows through the entire thing. They did put new windows in the entire building. I noticed when we went to the Darkness when they closed down you could see inside all the windows when they turned on the lights. I guess it stays dark enough when all the house lights are turned off. The walls cover I would say half of the windows anyway. And most rooms I think they building them up to the ceiling anyway. Or at least they used to. I would say they are doing this add on as the same of the rest of the building. And the daylight helps save on the electric bill.
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

I dont remember seeing or reading Larrys post before mine. I didnt read it before I posted what I knew. Believe me. LOL! This is in no way plagerism. Ha! HA!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Is the secret twist a tornado slide at the end of Terror Visions Larry? A slide would be awesome like the old Terror Visions had!
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

larry when the hell are you guys selling the lights on tour tickets?! Haha I saw it is limited to one hundred fifty people? I'm desperate to see your amazing work!!

-Keegan

Comment

Working...
                              X