Just Curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Curious...

Any haunters on here who are also mail carriers?
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

I have proof that I have carried Male genes in my bag.
    3 sons.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yes, for 8 years. Why??
      Bart Butler
      HobNob Productions
      http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

...someone's not considering going "Postal" are they?
        My Dad worked in the Post Office for maybe 12 years. His boss was the crankiest old geezer.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I was just wondering. I've just started as a TE (transitional) City Carrier and it doesn't look good for me from what I hear around the station. Are you still a carrier, Spoils?

Comment

My ex wife is a rural carrier. The stuff she did still haunts me today,...does that count?
            http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

From what I understand the job has been demoted and unpaid compared to what it once was not that many years ago.
              When I lived in Iowa there was a rural route where 85 of the familys were named "Johnson" and 100 familys were named "Miller", the mailman just had to know everyone to ever have a chance of getting mail correctly delivered, what their kid's names were, middle initial.......nutty.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yes, I am a rural carrier. There are a lot of things circulating around the office. The things they say might happen, might not happen, or will happen 10 years from now. Who knows! I am not sure what you have heard. I unfortunately get to work next to who I call doom and gloom. The most negative people I have ever met.
                And yes Jim, the pay has gone down a bit and we carriers are the redheaded step child of the Post Office. However we get great benefits and I am still getting paid as I sitting at home writing this.
                Bart Butler
                HobNob Productions
                http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure how it works for the rural TRC's, but as a TE, I don't have any benefits. After 12 months, I can get them, but I have to pay 100% for them until I'm a career employee (god willing).

I really like the job. I'm still a little slower than the regulars, but I've only been on for two weeks and I am on a new route almost every day. The pay is just fine for me, I just worry about the future. There are a BUNCH of gloom n' dooms out there.

Comment

In every government job or even the subcontracts, the future may be over as you know it every two weeks. No one is ever for sure, something will always be changed or dropped. Even limited time contracts are so over every week but then last 5 times longer than advertised.

Then it is really over when the Congress is late pasing the budget then it is on again. I'm sure surrounding a new president and some congressional seats changing no one knows.

Yet they will do things just to justify a budget that is supposedly never going to be approved or lose their regular amount.

So the regulars handle this stress with either doom and gloom so when everything is normal it is marginally okay. There are always big changes you aren't going to like but, everything has been the same for 30 years.

It's the happy energetic people you have to watch out for.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

It's not just gov't jobs. Everyone I talk to is nervous right now about what "might" happen. I'm one of those you need to watch out for, the happy energetic type. My theory, I was looking for a job when I got here, I will look for job when they kick me out. Worrying about what if's is a waste of my time.

Out of curiousity, what "big changes" are rumored at the post office.

Comment

Hey, I'm waiting for a letter, have any of you guys seen it?
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

When I was in high school the common thinkng was that during the average person's working life that they would have three major job changes. (whether you liked it or not!)
                          Today I think that three number must be much higher.
                          (I graduated in 1967.)
                          And I have heard rumors that there are a great many numbers that are higher than the number three!
                          I have been on five for the last 20 years, suits me fine although I might try for a job in the parachute factory since so many bailouts are happening now.
                          But wouldn't a golden parachute be just to heavy to work?
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                          X