Transworld Show as seen by America Haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Show as seen by America Haunts

America Haunts, LLC last season produced a television program which was sold to Travel Channel and aired nationwide. This was the highest rated program on Travel Channel at this time frame... probably because all of the haunts involved promoted the show, and we as a group sent out national press releases on it. Anyway as you know America Haunts is turning over their successful national public relations efforts to the new HHA (www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org) to maximize publicity for all haunts.

One of the things we decided as a group was to SHOWCASE the vendors, to SHOWCASE just how MASSIVE our industry was... the only way to do that was to feature the Transworld show and all of our vendors. We needed to SHOW AMERICA just like say any other industry we have a tradeshow as well and lots of awesome vendors. Sooooo.... we ponied up and filmed this segment which was the opening segment of our show.

If you didn't see it live now you can see via youtube! SUPPORT HHA, which will in turn support the INDUSTRY OF PROFESSIONALS!

Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Do you notice the keywords here... INDUSTRY, INDUSTRY, INDUSTRY!!!! Not a ME ME ME or a YOU YOU YOU but an INDUSTRY!

Now lets make OUR INDUSTRY COMPLETE with an association for OUR INDUSTRY!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Why did they mess up spelling Tony from Spookywoods name so badly?

Darkangel

Comment

Everytime I watch it I wonder who that Kevin Aldy "ALVEY" guy is.
        It would have been nice if they would have gotten my name right.
        Oh well, LOL
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

They messed up Kevin's last name, too.
          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Yep your right... doesn't negate the awesome PR it gave to all the companies, our industry and the vendors. Hey be happy they spelled Gore Galore and or Spookywood FX right. LOL

I think it can be fixed and we'll look into it!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Cool

That was pretty cool. I like how it described how the level of haunting has been raised.

However, I don't know why people feel the need to talk about how much money is made in the industry. If the idea is to create awareness, and increase attendance then discussing the elaborate scenes and props etc should be the script. Discussing and and showing well made attractions are today and the hollywood style effects at today's haunts would seem to provide legitimacy not how much money exchanges hands.

Another thread said that the industry group should exist to help existing owners and not help new entrants into the market since afterall they compete. Saying there are hundreds of millions made seems to be at odds with this since claims of a huge market would only attract more people to enter the market. Besides, a billion dollar market doesn't make someone want to visit a haunt - the cool monster does.

Comment

I can tell you this as a vet of many interviews its always the first thing that comes up in almost every interview. Everything is about money, how much did it lose, how much did it make, is it profitable, or a money loser.

Its just something you can't escape. On the flip side by saying things like this is a one billion dollar industry, or a 7 billion dollar Halloween industry or whatever puts things in perspective for people...when they realize how big it is maybe they'll realize they are missing out on something big.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

We still all know who you are Kevin. Its okay.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

My friends back in Michigan are still trying to find that "Ereeeeeeybus" haunted house you were talking about!

Ha, ha, I'm just being a jerk! I actually watched your video when it was on TV, and I thought it was great! It really made the haunted house industry look professional and high tech. I think it was money well spent, and positive publicity for the industry.

Comment

Working...
                    X