Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off Topic... Favorite Christmas Movie???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undead! I LOVE Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas! Noone has ever heard of it, but now I know there's another out there!!! River bottom Nightmare Band!!!
    "With a pretty girl dancing to jugband music, and a mess o' mama's bbq!"
    "You can't have a hole in the washtub."
    My fav are (above), Silent Night,deadly night, and The Year without a Santa Claus! The Miser brothers are great!
    Last edited by Killer Katie; 12-24-2008, 02:04 AM.
    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation.
      As a little boy I loved the animation Mr. Magoo as Scrooge. Anyone remember that?

jim@colwood

Comment

Mr. Magoo and...

Gerald McBoingBoing! For all of you "youngsters" reading this , these guys were on TV when screens were still very small and in Black & White
        Mr. Magoo, who would be considered legally blind, played for the utmost humor as he talked to inanimate objects thinking they were people, mistaking dangerous, hazardous things and situations for normal, passive items, but still having no problems sailing through it all. (Maybe sort of a lesson for us?)
        Gerald was a very small kid(cartoon) who couldn't talk and substituted his ability to mimic the sounds of everything else so burglars would hear him making a Police siren behind them, ex cetra. Gerald would be quite the haunted house employee, wouldn't he? "Creeek! Moan! BANG!"
        My parents didn't get a TV till I was maybe 6, before that we were entertained by a huge console radio that had incredible sound reproduction and as we listened to scary radio plays the imagination filled in the blanks. Stimulating the child's imagination is good practise to become creative later.
        I still remember "Inner Sanctum's" Creeky door and echoing deep announcer's voice.
        I will never forget hearing Dr. Frankenstein and Igor walk out of the labratory because the experiment was a failure only to return to find the monster was alive and decided to take a stroll!
        As they huffed and puffed running up and down alleys looking for the Monster a dog was continiously barking far off in the backround...suddenly the barking quit with a whimpering shreik, never to be heard again! "I think I know where he might be." The Doc said.
        He was so smart , wasn't he?
        Even at my young age this gimmick struck me as funny as he L L.....and somewhat corny.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Oh and Die Hard 1 and 2.

Comment

Scrooged, Elf, Grinch w/ Carrey (Original was a cartoon and not classified as a movie) Christmas Story, Gremlins
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I myself like the old cartoon christmas shows like Frosty, Rudolfh etc.
              Theres a lot on tonight on abc family channel. I will be watching those tonight with the kids.

Comment

Jim Warfield reminded me of another great tv classic from the 70's - Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.

Possibly the only song that's almost - almost - as awesome as "Thank you very much" from SCROOGE:

Scott Simmons
                The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
                http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Without a doubt "It's a Wonderful Life" is my all time favorite along with The Grinch Who Stole Christmas cartoon, Gremlins, and a Charlie Brown Christmas.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadProd View Post
                    Jim Warfield reminded me of another great tv classic from the 70's - Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.

Possibly the only song that's almost - almost - as awesome as "Thank you very much" from SCROOGE:

Try from early 60's. December 18th. 1962. Man I'm getting old !!!

Jim @ Colwood MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !
                    Last edited by colwood56; 12-25-2008, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Christmas Vacation
                      Christmas Story
                      It's a Wonderful Life
                      Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
                      The Grinch Cartoon (Karloff)
                      Elf
                      Charlie Brown Christmas
                      White Christmas (1954)
                      Christmas Carol (several versions including the George C. Scott version)

Honorable Mentions

Jingle all the Way
                      The Santa Clause
                      Grinch Movie
                      The Family Man

KroneDaddy
                      Hauntus Emeritus
                      Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                      Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Home Alone and Christmas Vacation
                        Brad Bowen
                        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                        X