Dick Van Dyke and Tom Savini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Van Dyke and Tom Savini

Dick Van Dyke stops by to pick up some masks from Rusty Slusser.

And Tom Savini shares his thoughts on SPFXMasks and RealU Masks.

Thanks for watching.
    -SPFXMasks
    Last edited by spfxmasks; 01-06-2009, 05:56 PM.

http://www.spfxmasks.com

Awesome Rusty!

I love both of them and I especially love you ya crazy kid.

Miss ya though, haven't seen ya in awhile!
    Steve Martini
    Screamline Studios
    www.screamlinestudios.com
    steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Cfx

Commosite Effects still has the best mask out there.. Way more durable that SPFX and great haunt related products instead of buying one to go out and mug someone..
      On a side note Tom Savini owes me money so I'm not a big fan anyway.

Comment

Man, that was rude Slain posting that on a SPFX thread...

I think someone should do a cool realistic skull silicone masks, for an awesome grim reaper costume...

Darkangel

Comment

Spfx

Just stating fact!!
          [B]Not saying they have a bad product just their not haunt products like composite effects and the quality is not as good...[/B]
          Composite effects has that mask your looking for...

Comment

Slain,

they have that in silicone? Let me go check it out...
            Darkangel

Comment

Rusty and his work are Top Notch

I have to disagree with a previous post. I own a few SPFX Masks and plan on buying more, as well as a CFX at the upcoming show. BOTH companies have great products depending on what you are looking for. If you want a mask that guests think is a makeup job, (working VERY CLOSE to patrons in your queline area) then Rusty and SPFX are the Best. If you want to put a great mask on one of your actors (working in a scene) then CFX seems to be the answer.

If you are looking for a mask that will have your audience believing that they are seeing and interacting with a old man or thug character, then you have to give the edge to Rusty. I have had numerous dealings with Rusty and consider him a true friend in this business. I hope to establish a similar relationship with CFX in the near future.

Rusty and CFX are definitely some of the best in our industry, all around, from quality to customer service.

I would agree with the comments regarding Tom Savini. I have met him numerous times at shows. I was with a friend of his a couple of the times. I found Tom to have a terminal case of drippy nose sniffles with dialated eyes and showing disdain for anyone that he felt wasn't going to place a order. If you didn't have serious coin to spend with him and his company, he had no time at all for you. He did not like to answer any questions about his products, In short, he was a jerk to quite a few haunt owners that were simply asking questions regarding his products. I would not do business with him, simply because of his lack of a professional demeanor.

Dan Augusto
              Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Savini's a Junkie?

Comment

So is Dick Van Dyke a mugger? He maybe trying to take those stars on the walk of fame.lol.
                  Originally posted by Slain View Post
                  Commosite Effects still has the best mask out there.. Way more durable that SPFX and great haunt related products instead of buying one to go out and mug someone..
                  On a side note Tom Savini owes me money so I'm not a big fan anyway.
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

You said it..

I didn't want to go there but......
                    We bought a couple of pieces of his from the company (Boss Productions) he was involved with and yes they were just that way. The guy who actually did the work is great and is still around but left (Boss Productions and went to Lafond FX)_. Ask for Gutch he is a great guy and tech smart...
                    One of the pieces we bought was short about $400 dollars worth of electronics and we never heard from or received and money from Tom Savini or his apparent fly by night operation..
                    Don't sound like a lot of money but it was the principle.. We never have used the piece except as a prop

Originally posted by Dman View Post
                    I have to disagree with a previous post. I own a few SPFX Masks and plan on buying more, as well as a CFX at the upcoming show. BOTH companies have great products depending on what you are looking for. If you want a mask that guests think is a makeup job, (working VERY CLOSE to patrons in your queline area) then Rusty and SPFX are the Best. If you want to put a great mask on one of your actors (working in a scene) then CFX seems to be the answer.

If you are looking for a mask that will have your audience believing that they are seeing and interacting with a old man or thug character, then you have to give the edge to Rusty. I have had numerous dealings with Rusty and consider him a true friend in this business. I hope to establish a similar relationship with CFX in the near future.

Rusty and CFX are definitely some of the best in our industry, all around, from quality to customer service.

I would agree with the comments regarding Tom Savini. I have met him numerous times at shows. I was with a friend of his a couple of the times. I found Tom to have a terminal case of drippy nose sniffles with dialated eyes and showing disdain for anyone that he felt wasn't going to place a order. If you didn't have serious coin to spend with him and his company, he had no time at all for you. He did not like to answer any questions about his products, In short, he was a jerk to quite a few haunt owners that were simply asking questions regarding his products. I would not do business with him, simply because of his lack of a professional demeanor.

Dan Augusto
                    Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

skeleton mask

You'll be glad you did. They do awesome work!!

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      Slain,

they have that in silicone? Let me go check it out...
                      Darkangel

Comment

They have a lot of cool different masks, big selection. Have you ever used the 2 piece skull prosthetic? That's a classic!

Darkangel

Comment

Cfx

No just the silicone. We did buy some prostetic latex but didn't use them much. They are also very nice.
                          I may get the bloody skeleton this season because it is cool...
                          Again not to talk down about SPFX but if you really look at both companies. The SPFX masks have weak stress points, were CFX have made their masks stress free..They almost cant be ripped

Comment

Way to go Rusty...

For the upcoming HauntWorld tour we just bought a TON OF MASKS from SPFX Masks and Composite FX masks.

THey are both great companies ... in fact CFX told me just the other day on the phone when I put in an order they love the work o SPFX.

I think they are both on the same level in terms of quality...what it does boil down to however is which one has the mask you are looking for the theme of the masks.

We've never bought the silicone masks before and now we'll have an equal amount from both companies!

I'm glad both of these companies are in our industry nad PUSHING THE LIMITS OF LIFELIKE masks!

Both of these companies make our haunts more like Hollywood!

Glad to have both!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

split

[B]Yes they do but I think i was told they were once one company and then they had split off.. I do like the competition...[/B]

Comment

Working...
                              X