Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Change to the TW Show Floor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found out that Keith has nothing to do with Scare Studios.

I believe that Kieth will end up coming and having his own booth. I also believe that Unit 70 will be there and have their own booths.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Come on Larry, Keith has a reputation for not telling the truth to A LOT of people. I'm sure it is better for Keith to tell you that he is not involved even if he is. I'm willing to bet that Keith is involved. I'd still ask questions if you are going to do business with Scare Studios. Just too much of a coincidence that one Cleveland company bows out and another Cleveland company steps in. Better to be sure of what really is TRUE.

I'm hoping that someone comes up with a way to charge Mr. Korner criminally for what he has done to haunters, like Kathryn DeSautell (she's one of his '07 victims) that paid money and to this date have not been made whole. He won't be able to produce product for anyone if he's behind bars.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Sad, Sad

Will it ever end? I can say this much if I were not involved with SP I sure as heck would change my name. I would want to distance myself as far from a "Scare" name as I could. Shane and its Scared Shane this time!
        sigpic

Comment

Scare anything

Most of the people that have "Scare in the Name BEWARE"
          These guys are going to scare your wallets right out of your pants....

Comment

I'm telling you I was told by both parties there is no connection there.

If Keith was going to help start a new company do you really think he would name it 'SCARE' something?

Look Keith is doing this vac form stuff and I can honestly say it is awsome stuff. I think he will do very well at the show, and he had pretty good track record with delivery this past Halloween. I know everyone had a mistake here and there but I think his problems are behind him.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Sorry, Larry, but I wouldn't put anything past Keith.

This is the same guy that told people "your stuff is on the truck", "it's shipping out tomorrow", "you'll have it in plenty of time", "your refund check is in the mail", and "I will make everything right with everyone I wronged", Keith Korner. Still to this day there remains at least a dozen people that have not been made whole by Keith Korner and Scare Parts. It's nice to know that he has the money to pay for 4 booths, close to 5,000 not counting all the other associated show costs, but not the money to pay back people who's money he's had for going on 2 years and one that I know of for going on 4 years. Should people have to go to the lengths that Shane did to secure a refund? I would hope not.

Doesn't it seem strange to you that Keith Korner produced animations, and this new company is producing them? Plus aren't both companies in Cleveland? Scare Parts might be concentrating on doing vacuum form panels because he's got the machine to do them, but he still has all the machining for doing animations too. Like I said, Rodney to the best of my knowledge is a stand up guy. Strange that Keith was looking for someone to back his company financially just a couple months ago. Also one of your Christmas wishes was for him to get someone to help him run his business... Maybe I'm wrong, but my gut is telling me something just not right here.

The only people I know that didn't have problems with Keith Korner this season were cash and carry people. I don't know who he did business with this season, but know there are people that didn't get taken care of this season, Kathryn didn't get her panels, the haunter who ordered the panels that were delivered to her didn't get their order did they? There was talk of a haunter that spent $20,000 that didn't get their order as well. Who knows... my opinion best to proceed with caution with anything "SCARE" y.

Scaren Karen

Comment

What happened in the past is in the past. I know Keith has a lot of lumps out there with many people. That is something he'll have to overcome as time goes on. I think Keith is a good guy who will make a huge comeback and try to in everyone over again. I hope he can win everyone over if that is what he chooses to do. Right now he's not a vendor at the show so its really a MUTE point.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Larry.

Your correct when you say whats in the past is in the past. HOWEVER you fail to stop and think people NEVER FORGET! I personally think that you should put Keith on youre payroll and leave it at that. As I have read here and talked to other people he had somewhat of a second chance and he messed that up too. Its over it was a good run but as far as a company owner hes pretty much done for. Again he seems to have some talent and I think he can best use it with you and the Darkness.

As far as having several booths I am sure it will be some interesting discussions going on there and some I am sure will be heated! Does anyone know if there is a booth close to his open? Man this will surely be one of the best seats in the house if it is LOL! Again bottom line Keith is a good guy I even believe that. But he just cant seem to run a business and when that happend people loose, loose, loose! Just my thoughts as to how I see it. Shane
                  sigpic

Comment

So, Keith is a good guy now Shane? Wow... Despite the fact of promising to make these other people whole and they still haven't been. I thought you were a champion for the wronged. You are now one of the converts? The hey I got my money back, and too bad so sad for those that haven't. The past is not the past... It is the PRESENT when these issues remain unresolved. I personally know 10 plus people that have been made promises for resolution either for a refund or product by Keith and still no resolution. Funny that those people can't get a hold of him, but all Larry has to do is pick up the "bat" phone and he's at the other end. As for him making a comeback, don't you think he should keep his word to take care of these people? Instead of using his enrichment to further his business pursuits... A dog that has bitten before will usually bite again, and in the case again and again, as many times as he can get away with it. We can put it in the past when Keith has taken care of his promises and obligations.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Karen

You misunderstood my post. I said I am sure hes a good guy as a person. Let me say it where you understand it. I think everyone can be a good person. But being a good person dont mean you can run a business. I also dont think being a good person always prevents you from doing wrong to people. I also said that as a company hes had a good run and hes done for. You totally misread my whole post. I also said I agreed with Larry whats in the past is in the past. I also said people dont forget and with that I want forget either!

However I do see where your coming from for those who have still not been taken care of press on my friends press on. Go to his booth and confront him. Also he seems to tell Larry one thing and everyone else something different. Get him and Larry face to face at the show and see what he tells Larry. If he lies in front of Larry then Larry will know it and he will hopefully stop running to the rescue and leave him to sink. Again the shows coming up do what you have to do no one and I mean no one will blame you. Shane and its I hope I cleared this up for you Karen, Shane this time.
                      Last edited by graystone; 01-11-2009, 02:18 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shane/Karen

This is it I think you've said what you need to say about Keith. No more.

We all know both of you do not like Keith will not buy from Keith and will make sure to tell every potential buyer never to trust Keith. We got it!

I hear both sides of these stories and one thing I know for sure is that it doesn't involve me. I know that everything I have ordered from Keith I have got and everyone works great he did great job for me.

I have already said in the past the year Keith had a complete meltdown he didn't deliver to me EITHER! I had stuff ordered for my customers and he didn't deliver, I had stuff ordered for myself and he didn't deliver. After the season I called him and we squared it all away. He had a bad year...however that was two years ago.

This past year I've heard nothing but glowing reports with excpetion of two people. I think Keith is doing well now and everyone deserves a second chance. I've heard everyone complain about just about everyone at one time or another. Everyone makes mistakes including us as haunt owners we've made mistakes as well many times. Are we saying we are all perfect because we are not.

I hope that Keith comes to St. Louis and displays, sells product, and does well and in the end everyone is happy with what they order. If there is still things outstanding he owes people I hope that those people get what they are owed, however it was my understanding he took care of most of that.

But at this point the discussion needs to move back to those who are actually attending the show who we want to see at the show, things we want to purchase or whatever.

Lets not go back down this dark road. We've already heard it all!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

I was at Keiths shop a week ago and he told me he was not going. Infact....he was vaccum forming a dog house of all things. I think hes taking some of his biz in a different direction. I just did not want to pry into it to much.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                            I think its clear that Rodney Geffert is the owner or part owner of this new company. I hear they will have a full lineup of new animations. I'm sure he'll have some really cool animations. We'll see what happens...

I have the Dreamreapers guys get a booth and sell those costumes!

Larry
                            Rodney showed me what he's coming out with last Oct.
                            Everyone is going to love this!
                            Jim @ Colwood Ent.

Comment

Here is what I know as a fact...

Keith is NOT involved with Rodneys new company.

Rodney's new company might have the biggest booth at the show so I'm sure he'll have a lot of new animations and stuff. I'm sure it will be good.

Keith is probably going to come to Transworld Show...I have spoken to him many times about this and I believe he's coming when its all said and done. My view is he SHOULD COME he's got some great products with all that vac form and it would be ashame to miss out on that stuff.

Talked to several companies specifically Distortions who said they will have their biggest and best new product line in YEARS!!!!!!!!!! They are excited and the way they talked I am excited as well.

I have talked to several companies now that claim they will provide some sort of costumes lineup or something in that vein. I'm excited to hear this and feel we need even more to step up and help us make our actors Hollywood quality.

Splatter FX a company that barely showed last year is coming at this show hard...he keeps sending me pics of his new stuff and all I can say is I'm blown totally away!

CFX told me they'll have the best new masks and stuff they've ever done! I think this will be a big year for CFX, SPFX and any other silicone mask company because haunts are now ready to dedicate themselves to their actors...again big year coming for these guys.

Unit 70 still don't know if they are coming or not but they are making new product so I think they will end up coming if I had to bet money.

Once I get more updates I will pass them along!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Sounds really cool thanks for sharing. Im getting more excited about this years Transworld everyday.
                                Damon
                                Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                                X