No announcement yet.

A post on behalf of Kelly Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People don't know this but you can let gasonline sit. That means not burn or any movement for a year without it turning to unusable petroleum. Getting a few ten gallon drums of gasoline and setting them aside for such a rainy day(haha) is what I'm talking about.
    Believe me I'm not trying to strut my stuff or show off my guns. I'm just saying that is an option you can do. Getting "iced" in sucks. Alot. I used to live in Idaho its always icy there.
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

We have 55 gallon barrels setup for gas. But we only had a partial barrel when this hit. We now have over 110 gallons of gas but if they don't get power restored within a week or two, that may not last us through this.

Unfortunately, because we're not as big a surrounding areas, we're not a priority. While everyone else around the state has had almost all their power restored, the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) won't even allow our power supplier to get on the "grid" until surrounding areas have been fully powered. They say it could be 3 days before they even consider letting our supplier on. Even then, there's downed power lines, individual cases, etc to take care of so there's hard no telling how long this will last.

Luckily we were able to get the heavy limbs off of our power lines today so they didn't snap under the weight. That's a plus.

I've heard reports on the radio about the National Guard coming here to help out with things like shelters, food, etc.

Last night was kind of scary, at least to me, because we had no cell phone service (possibly due to ice being on the towers), our internet quit working and when I went to make a call from the home phone I got a "all circuits are busy" message. This went on all night.

Who could've expected this, right? lol

Comment

Here's a slideshow of the winter freeze for anyone interested. The first shots are the incredible morning sunrise that preceded the storm. Thanks again Tattoo for posting the message for me! Our phone lines were out, but I have you programmed in my cell phone as my 911! :-D

Kel
        sigpic
        Kelly Allen
        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
        www.RaycliffManor.com
        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Shoot anything that requires the help of the National Guard would be scaring me too. I'd be POOPIN my pants.
          Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

We just got our power back, though this may only be temporary as they may have glitches. There are still downed power lines on our propert wich worries me quite a bit. With everything being so wet, if they were to become live, it would electrify everything outside of the house, trapping us inside.

They also started handing out emergency supplies today. Each family was allotted a box of ready-to-eat meals, 2 cases of bottled water, ice and kerosene.

I'm telling you, if it's not one thing it's another. This has been the worst way possible to start 2009! I'll take 2008 back any day!
            Last edited by hsmag; 02-02-2009, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Rick,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are family members and it's so hard to see them suffer. I've been sending thoughts, energy and prayers of healing. If it is time for him or her to pass over, I pay for a peaceful passing. The best you can do is be there and give lots of love and affection. Let him/her know that you understand and give permission for the departure. I'm sending you prayers for commfort, strength and healing as well my friend. I'll hope for a miraculous recovery or a miraculous transition, whichever is best and timely. Hang in there Rick.. You have a haunt family of friends who care.

Kel
              sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
              X