Step Into the Furnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Into the Furnace

I'm designing a maze and one of the scenes I'm going to require the small group of patrons to step into a furnace used to burn the bodies in the morgue.
    I know a company that can provide the fake flames but does anyone else have a company they use or different product they use to produce REALISTIC fake fire?

The site I use is Technifex.com
    Attached Files
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Those faux fire systems are very expensive and require ALOT of up keep! For a "walk in the furnace" I would just load it with THICK fog, fire colored lighting, burning/cracking sounds, and the smell of smoke and burnt stuff... think about it, furnaces are normally maxed on smoke... so this makes the illusion very easy to create! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thats true. Smell of burnt stuff obvious. The sound of crackling a must... But I actually want them to be timid about walking into something that actually looks like fire. They need that actual fear of walking into a flame before they realize its just fog. Then BAM!! Great scare. If its just fog and lighting kinda makes it a waste of time. Just another room.

Comment

I was thinking of something similar, but kind of like a gas chamber. They walk into a room, you close the big door behing them like slamming an oven, then start sending fog into the room.

These fog machines always come with asthma warnings, subjecting people to fog in an enclosed space, is this wise?

Comment

For a prolonged period... it wouldn't be wise! But for the few seconds this scene would take place, it should be ok... I'd place up the normal warnings and what-not. -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Oak

Originally posted by oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR View Post
            I'm designing a maze and one of the scenes I'm going to require the small group of patrons to step into a furnace used to burn the bodies in the morgue.
            I know a company that can provide the fake flames but does anyone else have a company they use or different product they use to produce REALISTIC fake fire?

The site I use is Technifex.com
            Technifex is the cadillac when it comes to flames, one things for sure you definitley have expensive taste, one of there smaller units run about eight grand.

Comment

Thankyou for that information. I've been contacting them over the last few months to get a price qoute and nothing back. So that info helps ALOT.

Comment

I had a really old light blinker from a car dealer's sign. It had two patterns, sort of like :
                On-off-on-off-on-off while the second pattern was sort of like : On-off-off-on-off-off-on.
                I had a yellow bulb at one end of the room and red bulb at rhe other, these two lights in such a pattern did make what looked like a light pattern of flames from the outside of the house through the uncurtained windows.
                The blinker was a totally mechainical design with a rotating horizontal wheel that had current pick up points all driven by a small 120 volt electric motor.
                This finally quit, it was probably from the 1950's it flashed about 100 small 120volt bulbs on a big sheet metal arrow to show you where their service department doorway was on the side of the building.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedhousenut View Post
                  Technifex is the cadillac when it comes to flames, one things for sure you definitley have expensive taste, one of there smaller units run about eight grand.
                  only 8k lol hell ima get 60 of em then hahahahah
                  HHA Member

Comment

I woould have to agree with Tyler I would use fog and other effects to replicate the environment. $8 Grand for basically a distraction effect??? The Technifex is awesome, but if too realistic who would actually "walk" through it?? You don't want to stop them from entering but get them once they are inside.

You could have fog in the furnace chamber, then I would place flickering orange and red lights to give the fog that look of fire in the background. Or place several of the silk flame lights on each side of the room. In the fog they would look like the ends of the gas furnace jets in a "resting" position. You could have a subdued crackling noise playing in the background. Get a Sinister Scent of buring wood or flesh if they have it.

Then when you close the door a LOUD sound like the oven door slamming is played though your sound system. Now the fun.... evavate everything... blast the fog, increase the intensity of the lights, or if you use the silf flames now add an orange flood or two, have the sound change from subdued crackling to the sound of a gas burner on full, if possible you could even place a heater or two on each side and blast them on!

Now you have an intense effect with easily attainable materials at a fraction of the cost.

Good luck.
                    R&J Productions
                    Las Vegas, NV
                    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

well ok. I'm not opposed to turning it on once inside. They could trigger it or something. Or just the lighting would be turned off while the fog is on. That way it looks just like smoke.
                      The other thing is I would like to build my own. 8 grand is alot for a distraction. But I still want it. If I could build one with equal quality for less I'd love to then maybe sell it to you guys. EVIL LAUGH. But seriously does anybody know specifics on how to build it. Or will I be on my own on this one.

Comment

You won't get anyone to tell you specifically how to build a vendor's products. Partly because I'm sure most people don't know. If you read the website then you know they use a steam system combined with lights to pull off the effect. But I'd bet if you merely took a steam pipe and stuck some lights and a fan under it you wouldn't get near the same effect. If you can't afford to buy the actual system, then you need to find another solution, not have someone tell you how to build the very expensive product for cheap.

You're better off going with the suggestions already given than trying to duplicate something someone else is selling.

One idea....record the sound your furnace or stove makes when the burner is ignited. On a stove you could record the sound going from low to high. Amplify this in the scene after the guests step inside the furnace. Most people should instantly recognize this sound. Combined with increased fog output and maybe some silk flame effects, it could be rather convincing that the furnace is firing up with them inside.
                        -Rob

Audio Guru
                        Lighting Designer

Comment

Not that i dont appreciate your input but I will never use fabric to create a flame. Its extremely hokey and I hate it.

On a different topic I was just seeing if anyone had an idea for the lighting system. I'm not so sure how it works but I already have a prototype build. No lighting system though. Havent played with that yet.

Comment

Not sure if this will help :
                            http://www.garageofevil.com/projects/color_organ.php
                            Kallie Kapriolle

Comment

thankyou so much for that link. I think this might be the winner for the lighting system. Its the final component. All thats left is to play with the angle and the mirror with the hazer. thanks Kalie.

Comment

Working...
                              X