The All New Hauntworld.com ... Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All New Hauntworld.com ... Need advice

Is coming. I hope it will be only by Transworld. But the whole site is changing from the front page to how you list your attraction.

I will have screen shots for you within days. I could show you today but its not the way it will be in the end so whats the point. I will have it later today or by weeks end.

Now here is the question... should I delete all accounts from the whole system and then make everyone rejoin the syste?

The way you create accounts is totally different now.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Here is the best advice I can offer about the new site. PLEASE discontue the feature where people can rate and review haunts. I have heard horror stories about this as other haunts in competition post negative reviews and rate the hauts low on purpose. Let the public decide, it should not be on the listings. These reviews come during our season when we are too busy to check and delete them and it could hurt us immensely. It's not an important feature to have the reviews and ratings anayway. If someone pays good money to advertise on your site some immature person from the haunt down the road should not be able to trash and rate low your haunt, it really serves no purpose!!!

Darkangel

Comment

When you say the users would have to re-register, do you mean just on the website, just on the boards, or on both?
      ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
      Campbellsville, KY

Comment

I say the listings should be swept clean, and that the attractions should have to re-list themselves after every season. I notice plenty of attractions no longer in existence or with information not up to date and inaccurate.

I also agree that the rating system should be removed, or at least modified a bit. Maybe make it so the rating is not displayed until 'x' number of votes have been placed, or have it displayed inside the attraction's profile only.

Just my opinion.
        Jordan Renda
        www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Why a new hauntworld? What is wrong with this one?
          Jared Layman

Comment

Clean sweep. It will be easier and everything will be fresh.

Comment

i don't care either way. I think it looks great as is. But hey what do I know right? So all I'm concerned about is are the forums being changed? Vincent This Time!
              Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

I'm with Vincent. As long as the forums don't change, I'll be fine. There's lots of good information on here.
                ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                Campbellsville, KY

Comment

It may be a good idea to get a fresh start with the haunts.

And I think that since there is a problem with out of date haunt info, there should be an e-mail that gets sent out if you don't update your post or something like that. And all of those who do not update, will get deleted. Also there are sites that have something like "Entry last edited 09/26/08" to show if the entry hasn't been updated in a long time.

Can't wait to see the screen caps... I'm excited for the new site!
                  Zach Wiechmann
                  www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan24 View Post
                    I say the listings should be swept clean, and that the attractions should have to re-list themselves after every season. I notice plenty of attractions no longer in existence or with information not up to date and inaccurate.

Amen to that! Erasing the directory and having Haunts relist their information every season is THE ONLY way to guarantee the information is up-to-date. HauntedIllinois.com, HauntedWisconsin.com and ScaryOhio.com all do this every year. Having the most haunt listings is worthless if the general public can’t trust the information.
                    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

^ Agreed! -Tyler
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'm with Vincent. As long as the forums don't change, I'll be fine. There's lots of good information on here.
                        I agree with that.
                        Last edited by Smiley; 02-12-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

The haunts need to be swiped every year and start with a new slate. I hope we dont have to rejoin to be a member on hauntworld. Do the vendor or yellowpages as they used to be called work any better. I put in a request for that to be worked on and I havent even tried it lately to see. I work at a snails pace sometimes.
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

I think a reminder should be added at the top of each full state page not just the first featured page that says "Consider finding all local haunts before deciding which ones to go to".
                            Mike Cirrincione
                            Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                            MAC Productions presents:
                            Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
                            AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
                            Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
                            Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

I don't want to rejoin as a member on the forums. I've started since 2003 and I want to keep that going. BUT I do agree with starting over with all the haunted houses.
                              ~Bill Mlinac
                              The Deadland Haunted House
                              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X