Darkness Behind Scenes Tour Final Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkness Behind Scenes Tour Final Updates

Okay here is where we are at. There are exactly 21 tickets left out of 350 sold. Once these are gone they are gone! So if you want to go you better buy them this weekend.

Here is the dinner menu...

Creole Encrusted Chicked Breast
    BBQ Beef Brisket
    Mashed Potatoes
    Green Beans
    Soulards House Salad (best in the world)
    Italian Bread and Butter
    Plus Drinks

Food is being provided by www.Soulards.com

This is an awesome place to eat at when you are in town trust me! They are one block from The Darkness.

People will go into th haunted house in groups of 50. When you show up you get in line. The first 50 in line get a different color wristband from the next 50 and so on and so forth. The first 50 in the door are the first 50 to get into the buffet line, then the next color and so on and so forth.

The last 50 in line will go into the haunted house first. When those 50 come out of the haunted house the first to go in and or the first to hit the food will be the second group called.

DO NOT DELAY when your group is called to the buffet line, because you will be the first called to enter the haunt.

This process will go on until every color group is called. People are free to hang out and mingle in party area until their color is called and or until the event is over.

We will be offering a demo on a stage while people eat. I will speak to the crowd prior to putting anyone into the haunt and let know all the details about everything. From there you are on your own to walk through the attraction.

The show lights will be ON with NO fog. Overhead lights will be off.

Cameras will work fine with NO FOG!

People do not need to be pushed through if you so choose you can stop and let someone pass you by because you want to look at something longer. Go at your own pace.

DO NOT crawl under something, do not move something, or touch anything just look and take photos if you so choose. For example do not climb under the moving swamp shack it could kill you... I know someone might want to look underneath to see how it works but do NOT do this you could get hurt.

Stay on the path of the haunt do not try to again go around the back of say the swamp house you can get hurt, or jump into the graveyard to see how something works, stay on the path!!!!!!

Feel free to enter the scareboxes, the actors room doors will be open you'll pass right by them so feel free to look around inside. Just do NOT try go back behind or underneath something that isn't on the path of the haunt itself. The swamp house for example is nearly pressed up against the wall if you tried to go behind it you could get stuck, its not meant to be walked around so just walk through it like you are suppose to. I will try and station Kip Polley or someone from HPI at the swamp house to explain how it works.

We don't want anyone getting hurt, or breaking anything.

Again walk through at your own pace no rush!

Any questions please tell me!

Thanks
    Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

More notes.

Your tickets to come back on Satuday do not tell you a time to show up. You can show up anytime after 8pm. I know someone is going to ask that... LOL

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Another note...someone will be filming the event for a movie he's making about the haunted house industry. So don't be surprised if you see someone walking around with big cameras. We also might hire a photographer to snap up pics as well. So be aware they could be used in future hauntworld magazines. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
        More notes.

Your tickets to come back on Satuday do not tell you a time to show up. You can show up anytime after 8pm. I know someone is going to ask that... LOL

Larry
        I was wondering that exact thing.
        Jared Layman

Comment

So... what if I want to check out the actor areas, your "scare boxes", and all the BEHIND the scenes stuff... I thought that's the whole point of a LIGHTS ON behind the scenes tour? I was going to take my time with the camera on Saturday as it is... seems like both tours are the same just one is with actors?

Just wondering! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler,

Yes you can look in those areas but say for example the graveyard has rails do NOT jump over them. The swamp house do NOT crawl under them. Do NOT take something apart to see how it works. Trust me I have to say these things for your own safety as well as to inform those who will try and someone will. A few years ago someone got stuck under Scarefactory tunnel because they crawled in there to take pics of how it worked. A few years ago I caught some guys taking apart our control boxes for animations so they could take pics at a TW show.

People will try that stuff.

Anyway there are NO CAMERAS on Saturday! Do not bring them in the haunt. Cameras are only allowed on Thursday.

The difference between Saturday and Thursday are clear... you get to walk through at your own pace take pics no fog see everything in detail. On Saturday its just like if you went to a haunted house on a busy Saturday night. There won't be any stop its just go through like a normal customer. Saturday's show will also have FOG so no photos will show up anyway. Cameras do not work in the fog.

Thursday there will be NO FOG! And yes you can see our actors area you can stop and go in is in the middle of the haunted house... you'll see it.

What I mean is DO NOT GO off the track like over a graveyard fence, under our swamp house, blah, blah.

I hope that explains for you Tyler.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Thanks for clearing it up Larry... I'm gonna capture your entire place with the camera! hahahaha. .-Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Greg and everyone else ... yeah no problem you didn't read the follow up post with added clarity to the original post.

Yes you can see our actors room and you can walk in there and check it out, yes you can look into our scareboxes and all of that.... I said take your time and look at EVERYTHING!

What I meant was DO NOT CLIMB underneath anything or jump over rails and walk around inside the graveyard or say jump down off the bridge to look behind a gorilla. If there are rails like on a bridge don't jump into the scene you could break something or get hurt. Do not climb up and under the swamp house you can get crushed!

Blah, blah... and to answer Nuts non-stop questions yes it is necessary to say this because people have done it in the past at other haunts or at Transworld. You can get hurt or break something. Just stay on the path the doors to the actors room will be OPEN! Walk in!

Jump inside a scare box that has curtains but don't climb over rails and slide under bridge rails stuff like that.

Again I hope this answers the question.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Larry

Greg and everyone else ... yeah no problem you didn't read the follow up post with added clarity to the original post.

Yes you can see our actors room and you can walk in there and check it out, yes you can look into our scareboxes and all of that.... I said take your time and look at EVERYTHING!

What I meant was DO NOT CLIMB underneath anything or jump over rails and walk around inside the graveyard or say jump down off the bridge to look behind a gorilla. If there are rails like on a bridge don't jump into the scene you could break something or get hurt. Do not climb up and under the swamp house you can get crushed!

Blah, blah... and to answer Nuts non-stop questions yes it is necessary to say this because people have done it in the past at other haunts or at Transworld. You can get hurt or break something. Just stay on the path the doors to the actors room will be OPEN! Walk in!

Jump inside a scare box that has curtains but don't climb over rails and slide under bridge rails stuff like that.

Again I hope this answers the question.

Larry
                  Thank you for clarifying that, I did not know that it has happened in the past with haunters, if you would like i could help with security as iam well versed in the arts of pain.

Comment

Thank you Larry and I appologize for my opinion lol See you in St. Louis!
                    Greg
                    Greg Allen
                    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Nut,

Yes we might need you my friend!

TRUST ME NUT...someone will try and climb under the swamp house and I'll have Kip come on here and tell you yes if you do that you could hurt yourself. The swamp house as an example must be turned OFF, with full lights to work on it. The swamp house is right up against three walls and in one corner it actualy scrapes the wall we left it that way because it makes a cool sound effect. LOL

If you try and hop off a bridge it could be a 3 foot drop... so don't do it!

BTW... I ADDED THE BBQ BRISKET because so many people said you wanted ST LOIUS BBQ.

I hope I made everyone happy on that end!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Larry

Nut,

Yes we might need you my friend!

TRUST ME NUT...someone will try and climb under the swamp house and I'll have Kip come on here and tell you yes if you do that you could hurt yourself. The swamp house as an example must be turned OFF, with full lights to work on it. The swamp house is right up against three walls and in one corner it actualy scrapes the wall we left it that way because it makes a cool sound effect. LOL

If you try and hop off a bridge it could be a 3 foot drop... so don't do it!

BTW... I ADDED THE BBQ BRISKET because so many people said you wanted ST LOIUS BBQ.

I hope I made everyone happy on that end!
                        Larry

Beef brisket is my favorite.
                        I was actually going to comment on that, but you beat me to it, as most catered events have three meats, which you have now. lol

Comment

Roof walker

Heres one for you, a few years back Halloween Horror nights had some jack a$$ get behind one of theiir haunts that was buit on a sound stage, the guy found a ladder that went to the roof hatch. Yep, out he went setting off a alarm as he went. The drunk Jack a$$ was seen walking around the sound stage roof. That would have been a life ending fall for sure.
                          Last edited by SomeThingInTheIce; 02-13-2009, 05:47 PM.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I really

Hope that everyone that attends the lights on tour has a blast. As much as you Larry might think I dont I really do! I am sure everyone will have a blast. Shane and its everyone have a safe fun time. Shane this time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good story. Thanks Shane.

You know the difference on these lights on tour and one with actors is that we have 40 actors in the place...eyes and ears! On the lights on we don't so we have to warn eveyone. Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X