Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best lightning and thunder machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the best lightning and thunder machine?

Just out of curiosity who do you think makes the best thunder and lightning machine and why? I want to modify an area of Fearfest and want your opinion on who makes the best and why. Their diffrences , Pros and cons.
    Thanks, Greg
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Zombie Brand!

Fright Props carries them. Shane and its a bad storm going on. Shane this time!
    sigpic

Comment

I've got quite a few different makes, but got one of the frightprops ones last year and it kicks Ass!

-Tim
      Tim Bunch
      House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
      www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Lighting.....

I used the 4 channel.....I-zombie..............

it`s the only one that i`ve used....great price , easy to use

the guys at i-zombie more than happy to help !!!

i used this product outside and it worked great!

Comment

Personally I use a light mixer for d.j. lighting. I can create the same effect. And I dont know if they are the best but I kinda like the firefly thunder and lightening machine.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

We use the I-Zombie 4 channel one from Frightprops and it's awesome!
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Personally I think God makes the best thunder and lighting machine...but thats just my opinion! :-D
              Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
              [n8 creative studios]

Comment

For thunder I would use 8- 12" subs and 8- 6.5" mids with a lot of power. Set the image right and you will scare the sh_t out of people. You can use prebuilt processors to run your lightning strobes from your audio signal.

Comment

I'm not taking sides but in the magazine a company called Lights Alive claims to have the best lightning machine called the 'Fire Fly'.

www.lights-alive.com

I have already seen some others listed but not this company so I thought I would throw it out there.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I like the fright props one. The box is great, the problem is finding actual lights that are good. Anyone have any suggestions for that?
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Thanks for all the information. We decided on the Firefly ff-501 it had alot of good thing about it the others didnt.
                      The firefly works on LED lights to eliminate the orangish glow of an incandescent light going out. Also it has a dimmer channel so the lights will dim when the thunder hits hard and the lightning flashes imitating a power outage.
                      I talked to Ron for over an hour about the pros and cons of the machines I inquired about. This machine sounded like the best one for our needs and being able to use LED lighting was a plus for me.
                      These guys are bringing a bunch of cool products to the show so make sure you stop by their booth at Twansworld and check them out! Just my two cents.
                      Greg
                      Greg Allen
                      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Thanks, Greg. We try to make FireFly the best lightning simulators available. We much prefer the effect of LED's for lightning, although incandescents can be used. (Multiple small bulbs work better than a couple of huge ones, if you go incandescent.)

We also have one and two-channel FireFlys in addition to the microprocessor-controlled 501 that has four channels plus a dedicated dimming channel. And all the controls are accessible from the outside... you don't have to open our boxes to make adjustments.

Steve Peterka
                        Lights Alive

www.lights-alive.com
                        www.myspace.com/lights_alive

Booth 815, 14th annual Haunt and Attractions Show
                        Last edited by LightsAlive; 03-01-2009, 06:26 PM.
                        Steve Peterka
                        Lights Alive
                        www.lights-alive.com

Comment

I use large blue incandescent bulbs and they work great as long as they are not directly visible
                          Greg Salyers
                          Fear Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by LightsAlive View Post
                            Thanks, Greg. We try to make FireFly the best lightning simulators available. We much prefer the effect of LED's for lightning, although incandescents can be used. (Multiple small bulbs work better than a couple of huge ones, if you go incandescent.)

We also have one and two-channel FireFlys in addition to the microprocessor-controlled 501 that has four channels plus a dedicated dimming channel. And all the controls are accessible from the outside... you don't have to open our boxes to make adjustments.

Steve Peterka
                            Lights Alive

www.lights-alive.com

Steve, will you be attending transworld I'm curious about your products
                            HHA Member

Comment

Hi, Mike

Yes, we absolutely will be at Transworld. Booth #815.

We'll have the FireFly family, the 101, 201, and 501. Plus, we'll be unveiling some new products at the show. We'll have our new Mantis line of prop controllers, triggers, and sensors. And we'll have a new stereo amplifier, the Cicada, in a case that is stackable with our FireFly lightning simulators.

See you there.

Steve Peterka
                              Lights Alive

www.lights-alive.com

March 27-29, St. Louis
                              Steve Peterka
                              Lights Alive
                              www.lights-alive.com

Comment

Working...