No announcement yet.

Darkness Tour / Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry, sorry to hear that some people trashed the haunt, that sucks because it looked awesome. We were going to act, even brought our gilles and mask , I talked to your partner and he said that you had more then enough people so we just went to the show. When we went through it looked like you had a lot of actors in there, oh well it was very enjoyable and I would tell anyone who is thinking of going to your haunt to do so, they would not be sorry.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

On the negative side, the acting wasn't the greatest I've seen, we waited over an hour, and the tickets were a bit pricey, but I still enjoyed the haunt.

The sets, detailing, animations were amazing, and it took over an hour to get through the whole thing. Overall we had a great time and would definitely go again, even though the cost was pushing it a bit.

That's terrible to hear about the vandalism, really wouldn't of expected that.
      Jordan Renda
      www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Disgraceful!

I can't believe so called "haunters" would tear up your place... it's completely shameful!!!

I would like to pose a question- what time did the people that had a "really great time" go?
        I'm wondering if it was towards the end of the evening, when they weren't pushing people thru fast at the beginning and when the actors got warmed up? I know personally I never go to a haunt before 9pm, because that seems to be when the actors really hit their peak.

Larry, if that "doll" actor in the kids room is one of your regulars, I'd treat them like gold, and make sure that he was really the talk of the actors that night!!!
        And I totally agree with next year, about the "scaring the hell outta you" kinda night! That would be awesome!!!
        Still have the lights on the night before, and then make us pee ourselves the next night!

Lastly, to the post about the negative posts being "jealousy", those words were very instigative, and are just as likely to cause more opposite posts. Giving your honest opinion about how you fealt about something, in an industry you love, is not jealousy.

AND...
        I so wanted to meet everybody, but couldn't find ANYONE!!! I was at the bar both nights til late, and gave myself a headaches looking at badges... *sigh
        I know you were all avoiding me! LOL
        Last edited by Killer Katie; 03-30-2009, 08:51 PM.
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Katie View Post
          AND...
          I so wanted to meet everybody, but couldn't find ANYONE!!! I was at the bar both nights til late, and gave myself a headaches looking at badges... *sigh
          I know you were all avoiding me! LOL
          I should have asked for your picture before I left to go to TW.
          Sarah Meier
          Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
          "Words they remember you by"

Comment

I had a really good time both nights. You guys really changed a lot from last season, I don't know how you got that all done. It looked really good. The little guy does a really good job and some girl on the swingset got me when I was standing by it.

I don't know what it was like for everyone else but when we went through it was slow because the two groups ahead of us would not keep walking. They just kept stopping and looking at stuff.

Destroying other people's property is never cool.
            Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Spriggs View Post
              Larry.......Dream Reapers offered up 5 actors for Saturday night.
              We would have loved to show off our costumes in a haunt!

BUT when we had them get suited up and work the tradeshow....we inquired about working.

We were told.......well you can bring your costume and we will see if we need you.

Well I don't know why someone would have said that to our guys.....who like I have said before.....I would rank as some of the top in the industry.

If DR's folks and Svenpuss would have been there.......that would have been pretty crazy!!!!
              Kev we miss you here!!!!!
              Unfortunately, this is true. The young lady working the Hauntworld booth explained to us that you had a full house and that all spots were well covered but that we could bring our costumes (all 200lbs of them between the 5 of us) with no guarantee of acting. She said that we'd place us if needed. I greatly wanted to work your haunt and entertain your line but I feel that we, as experienced and successful character actors, "bring it" hardcore wherever we go and were a bit more deserving than an alternate/replacement/fill-in badge. Might I suggest a thread next year for guest haunters to confirm their intentions to work your amazing haunt. I'm sure you'll find that the list will be long enough for you to take your pick. This will be a thorn in my side until next year so take this as my official "Intent to work" post. Be it Crushorn, Sheldon or something new, I'll be there rain or shine.

Having not attended the haunt, I was working the main entrance of the hotel which afforded me the luxury of overhearing dozens of reviews (some of them heavily slurred) from the patrons returning from the event and this was the overwhelming consensus:

"The haunt was absolutely amazing but it was more like a showroom or museum... lots of eye candy but too quiet. Some of the actors seemed to be more focused on texting than haunting."

I know from personal experience that there is NOTHING more annoying than entering a room and finding a zombie checking his email on an ipod... ESPECIALLY when its one of your own. Some things, like weather and unruly teen actors, you just can't controll. Roll with the punches Larry, bruises heal.

Comment

What a kick in the butt. I'm so sorry. I wish everyone wouldve asked me or Larry. Such a missed opportunity for us. I will say that the actor from Derek Vitas' crew (I think his name was Charles) did an amazing job acting in the haunt. THANK YOU for your time and dedication. You were simply awesome.

---Patti
                Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                www.HauntWorld.com
                www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
                It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Wow

Larry?

I did warn you!!!
                  Just because we own haunted houses and operate them.......doesn't mean we get to be aholes when we visit other haunts. Who knows Larry you have a few people who don't like you.......................sounds like they took it out on your haunt!
                  Still no reason for it!!! That is BS!

Haunters are a great group......and they can really be the worst group in a haunted house.

I know for a fact....your actors were wondering WHY DON'T THESE PEOPLE GET SCARED?
                  It took us 2 years to get the tradeshow crowd down with our actors!
                  You need to take the cream of the crop (actors) and tell them.......ANYTHING YOU DO.....WILL NOT SCARE THE CUSTOMERS......do your thing and make it good.....they will appreciate it.....but they will not be scared.
                  Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Larry, Patti, and crew from all haunts that participated:

I attended the lights on tour around 10:30 pm. I had to call Larry/Patti and ask them if they would let us in and they both responded in the middle of a CRAZY day of getting ready. Our plane was delayed for over 7 hours and they were wonderful. We would all like to thank you for staying around!

Being newer to the industry it was a good opportunity for us to see what we were doing correctly and what we needed to improve on.

Saturday night was cold/rainy and it sucked standing in that weather and not getting in there "on time with timed ticketing". Lets all keep this in mind next time we are sick of hearing people bitching about standing in line for our haunts or waiting because we had a technical problem to address at the last minute. I thought it was worth the wait and I saw it Thursday.

What really sucked for us on Saturday was that people were so jammed up because they were looking at everything, they should have attended the Thursday night tour. So we didn’t get the full effect. And the guy that stopped us before going into the 3D room did a great job at keeping us there to break it up.

I think we are the worst group of people to host a tour for because we all know this same stuff happens to us at one time or another. If it hasn't, it will.

Larry was a bit "short fused" in my opinion but with 1500 peers I would have been as well. And it not going off without a hitch would have made me unnerved as well.

I think you did a wonder job for everything you had going on and deadline to meet.

My hats are off to everyone that helped The Darkness with this project. It was a good time no matter that it might not have been perfect (are any of us?). To bad there was miscommunication with others that wanted to help out. I am sure that will not happen next time around.

I think the constructive criticism everyone is giving here will be taken into consideration, but anyone that damaged the haunt should be ashamed because it's a lot of time and money for Larry. This was a very big undertaking and all in all we should respect the work everyone did.

Comment

Working...
                    X