No announcement yet.

Shane's Show Scoop! The Run Down! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking forward to meeting you and was going to talk to you a couple of times at the bar but never got much of a chance. I believe Kori(Bills fiance) hung out with a couple of the graystone guys. Next year I will have to make time to have a conversation with you.
    Jared Layman

Comment

On bringing the crew, I know there are a lot of vendors that get upset that there are so many (non) buyers at the show. But I would say while the final decision is always up to the money guy that many times it is the enthusiasm and excitement for a certain prop, costume or mask that may push a buying decision. For most of the guys with the Gold they bring their crews to reward them as well as many of them have talents and skills that are necessary to the success of the haunt, so while they may not make the purchase and sign the checks, I know for Graystone Manor there were more than one meeting and discussion on purchases and needs to take us to the next level. It's about respect I only went to the booths and took brochures and catalogs for things I put input on, masks, makeup, lighting, prop controllers and air brush guns. I tried to respect the time and money that a catalog costs for the vendors but enjoyed seeing everything.

Oh and I had a blast meeting everyone I did, and the Thursday night flamingo crew was a blast, Me and Vinny from Graystone, Kori, Chris, Sarah, Guy with pink hair (sorry bro was real drunk by then but enjoyed having you at our table, oh Mr. Camera I don't think I ever saw you with out the camera lol. Take care look forward to next year.
      sigpic

Comment

Instead of adding a new thread I will continue here.

Guys there is no way in this world I could remember everyone for the life of me. I will say Brett, Adam, Tyler, Dollface, Chris, Jared, Bill, Sarah, Katherin, Lord guys help me out there who all did I meet? I know it was well over 100! I will tell you this I have meet many people through my other companies but NEVER HAVE I MEET A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO I FEEL AS THOUGH I HAVE KNOW FOR YEARS! To me it felt like a family reunion!

It was very very special for me this year I came out instead of keeping to myself and coming back here and talking about it. Words cannot express how it felt to meet all of you wonderful people! I really hope that we all will keep in touch and you all check back on my rants and raves thats made me so noticeable here! Shane and its been an Honor! Shane this time!
        sigpic

Comment

Shane,

It was great to finally sit down and chat about, well, everything! Ed wished we had gotten to talk longer, but we'll have to make sure to do it again next year! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Shane, you work with a bunch of great guys and having the Atrox guys as your friends couldnt get any better. They are awsome to. We enjoyed all of you guys company and had a great time meeting you all. Thanks for the kind words about Fearfest and you can count on us coming down there this summer to visit. Thanks again Shane for the hotel discount, for great conversations with you and your crew and for keeping larry on his toes with your threads. Those threads keep us coming back nite after nite to see whats next on the and its _____ Shane this time Shane! Again, it was a pleasure meeting you and your crew and I hope to see you guys soon.
            Thanks,
            Greg and Christina
            Fearfest
            Greg Allen
            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Oh one last thing, count us in on the Dinner next year. I WILL NOT MISS IT AGAIN!
              Greg
              Fearfest
              Greg Allen
              scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
              www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                Guys there is no way in this world I could remember everyone for the life of me. I will say Brett, Adam, Tyler, Dollface, Chris, Jared, Bill, Sarah, Katherin, Lord guys help me out there who all did I meet? I know it was well over 100! I will tell you this I have meet many people through my other companies but NEVER HAVE I MEET A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO I FEEL AS THOUGH I HAVE KNOW FOR YEARS! To me it felt like a family reunion!

It was very very special for me this year I came out instead of keeping to myself and coming back here and talking about it. Words cannot express how it felt to meet all of you wonderful people! I really hope that we all will keep in touch and you all check back on my rants and raves thats made me so noticeable here! Shane and its been an Honor! Shane this time!

Yeah it was a pleasure meeting you and the crew you guys are very easy to talk to and I had a lot of fun on thursday with the doc and gang at flamingos. Now everytime I read something you post that accent of yours sticks in the back of my mind lol! Next year I'll be at your dinner
                ________
                find dispensary
                Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM.
                www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

Originally posted by N2SPOOKINU View Post
                  Oh one last thing, count us in on the Dinner next year. I WILL NOT MISS IT AGAIN!
                  Greg
                  Fearfest
                  Greg I didnt get a chance to meet you .. Hopefully next year!
                  ________
                  Harley-Davidson FLSTCI
                  Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM.
                  www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                  "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                  Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                  Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

Greg! Thanks!

I really hope that we all can work together on the dinner, your tour, and Larrys tour if we ALL work together and support each other it will be great.. I know TransWorld has already talked to me about it. I have made mention to Larry on a few different post about us all working with each other or at least with me at the dinner but no answer. There may come a point where I pick up the phone and say are you in or out LOL! Again I CANT THANK EVERYONE ENOUGH! I AM AS MUCH PLEASED AT MY TURN OUT AS LARRY AND YOU WAS ON YOURS I AM SURE! Lets all back each other for 2010 its going to be a challenge! Shane and its 2010 here we go again! Shane this time!
                    sigpic

Comment

If that's the case, and all of yall work together on this, then that means I get to enjoy all 3 events.

And I dont wanna miss any of them, so please work together!

Im sure there's many of us on this board that would like to do all 3 events.
                      Brad Bowen
                      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Brad

Thanks for the support. This year my first dinner we gave away $1500.00 in door prizes not to mention the cash pot! I promise this year we will give away no less than $5000.00 in cash and door prizes!!!!! I got the support of the vendors and I see I have the support of the attendees! Shane and its getting a bigger and better dinner together! Shane this time!
                        sigpic

Comment

Doc

HEY DOC

I don't think it is an issue with bringing the crews as much as TW inflating the # of actual buyers.

MHC is open to everyone.....and I mean everyone!!!
                          We have a great time....don't sell as much as at TW
                          But we have a great time

One thing I wish TW would have kept is a party on Saturday night.
                          MHC and Hauntcon both do a costume party......seems that everyone really enjoys those
                          Why didn't we have one at tw?
                          Oh wait I know.....nevermind
                          Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Shane,

First of all, let me say that I am sorry if you had to wait in the cold to get into our haunt. However, let me clarify a few things. First, you are doing a haunt tour in March, in Missouri. The weather could be anything (including cold and windy as it turned out to be). I would think that everyone coming would have prepared for that possibility. We have never had any kind of covered or inside line space before, but we made the effort and expense to add the semi trailer just for this tour so there would be some covered line space out of the wind. Secondly, the film crew had very little to do with your wait. Also, he was a guest of the convention just as you were and he bought a ticket just as you did. More importantly, he only asked for a little space between he and the next group because he was using a light and didn't want to ruin the attraction for others. We only waited about 4 or 5 minutes after he entered to start the groups again. The rest of your wait was just normal waiting to get in. We made the decision to not push groups through as that would reduce the overall experience. Again, I am sorry that you had to wait in the cold, but to me, that is the price of doing a haunt tour in March. I do appreciate any criticism that you or any others may have as the main reason we did this tour was to get feedback and to get better.
                            Bill C. Schnell
                            Dark Son Productions
                            NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
                            www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

IDK, I am from Wisconsin. I was ready to go skinny dipping! LOL, actually, yeah it was cold, but we survived. The next night at the Darkness I wore my leather Jacket. I was AMAZED at the number of people I saw wearing just tee shirts. Damn!!

I guess next time you all are going to go to a haunt tour, contact ahead of time and ask if they have indoor waiting and dress that way. Or ask the guy shooting off the fire thing at FEARFEST to put that baby closer to the line! LOL
                              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Shane,

Im going to call ya soon and chat. Probley not tonight (Wednesday) I got plans, but probley tomorrow. Talk to ya then!
                                Sean De Wane
                                ----------------------------------------------
                                The De Wane Asylum
                                www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
                                X