Haunting in Conn/Last house Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunting in Conn/Last house Left

Did anyone see either one of these movies? Wondering if they are good. I'm going to see Fast 4 this weekend but wanted to know of either of these two horror movies are any good? Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I've heard great things about Haunting in Connecticut, bad things about Last House on the Left...

Allan

Comment

I like them both because I live in CT and I live in the Last House on The Left.

Wayne

www.trailofterror.com
      gallery.trailofterror.com

Comment

Lets see... i heard last house on the left was pretty good (great action and stuff) and haunting in con was alright (i think it was supposed to be kinda startling). I'm going to see either fast 4 or observe and report next weekend. Larry tell us how fast 4 is so I can decide between it and observe and report.

Comment

Gritty

Last house on the left was enjoyable, there were good parts and there were sucky parts to it. I liked the style it was shot in and i loved the realisim in some scenes. Instead of going for a hack-pretty-girl-apart-with-hunting-knife they went for realistic gut shots...it only takes one...so it became relaisticly believable. I liked the choice of actors. And i liked the effects.

Have not seen HIC yet but have heard good and bad reviews.

Just my opinion dont hold it very high.

Odette Despairr
          “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

I thought Last House on the Left was pretty good. It could have gone without the rape scene for sure, it just really wasn't necessary at all, several people left the theater at that point. But other than that it was definitely one of the better horror movie I've seen in recent years.
            Jordan Renda
            www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

How does it compare against the original?
              Bill Rod.
              Dark Tech Effects
              Automated DMX Lighting
              Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Originally posted by beardedbil View Post
                How does it compare against the original?
                It still has some scenes carried over from the original. I havent seen the original in several years, but this is just a remake of it. Same way how Hills Have Eyes was exactly like the original but with more/new scenes in it. Thats how this is.

It still makes me uneasy when I watched the rape scene. I had to look away a few times.

But all-in-all, I liked it.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Damn! this rape scene must have been crazy lol. I think the reason they put it in was to make the bad guys look more evil and stuff, but they probably could have done something else to make them look more evil.

Comment

I thought HIC was pretty good. It wasn't scary in the least, but I did learn a lot about how people react to fear.
                    A few off-topic notes:
                    Yes, I'm back.
                    I just turned 14 last Thursday. HIC was the first "scary" movie I was allowed to watch in theatre. So that's why I learned so much in that one trip. I just figured I needed to throw that in to make my post make more sense.
                    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Working...
                    X