New Debate... Kids at Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Debate... Kids at Transworld

Here is a new hot topic that Transworld is dicussing. IAAPA allows kids on the show floor, so does Haunton and so does MHC. Should Transworld allow kids on the show floor? Or should Transworld offer a day care?

I say yes to kids on the show floor especially if Transworld is going to charge admission fees to enter the show next year. If you want to pay why not?

Was this a problem for some of you to come or not come?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Hmmmm.....

-I think kids to a point should be allowed... I don't want to see children running around crazy while I'm trying to do BUSINESS! It's a shame that some haunters, Nick from Hellsgate, didn't get to go to TW because of age yet Larry, your two little rascals got to attend the show! (One in matching attire as his dad I might add!

-Charging a fee? Then I hope the cost of seminars DROPS like a ROCK... I think part of the the draw for shows like this is that they're FREE!!! I know ALOT of haunts bring CREWS with them... this will END if there's a FEE to get into TW!

If TW does charge a FEE I can guarentee attandence will DROP and fall of the deep end! Then there goes the vendors... etc. etc. This will be the death needle for TW if they decide to charge a FEE!!

MHC has a free show floor... I would put everything on the line that MHC would become the NEW BUYERS SHOW if TW decides to charge fees to get into the show!

What they need to do... Is keep it a FREE show with OPEN registration! This would allow every qualified buyer (Pro haunts, home haunts, charity haunts) into the show... no questions asked!

-Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I say no kids and no fees, kids will just be in the way and unlike crew members thay have no input to what is needed for the haunt. If they are going to charge a fee then maybe it can be one fee per haunt and not for each person with that haunt.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I would love to bring my son Max, he is 13. I have taken him to Haunt X, a few Hauntcons and MHC. The trouble is Transworld is the show that we do the most business at, and I might not bring him even if I could because of the serious nature of the money getting spent, the meetings, etc.

It might be somthing to do with maturity rather than true age - Should children run rampant? No. Could older children behaving more like adults and not tying up the vendors come...maybe. What about adults acting like children eh? Truth be told if I were to guess I would say the vendors would prefer NO distractions, be they seminars, costumed actors, haunt tours, children or excess staff that keeps them from demonstrating products to the folks who write the checks.

But back to topic, it is a business show. Maybe the rules need to be loosened to allow mature older children who are really into the stuff on the floor, with some sort of behavior or other provisions. Older children and teenagers are some of our best target groups - maybe we should see what they like on the show floor eh?

IAAPA wants kids to ride the rides - Maybe we want Teenagers to scream at the monsters?

Thanks!
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Most mainstream tradeshows charge around $50.00 and up for non invited buyers. Transworld should do the same. If you are there to do business it's a small price to pay if you do not already have a relationship with at least one of the vendors already. And yes, the fees for the seminars would have to drop but still be a separate charge.

Comment

My kids want to go, IAAPA has as many dangerous things there as anywhere else... I think parents should figure out what is right or wrong for their kids. I say yes to kids or at the very least a day care.

I can bring my kids to all these shows but Transworld. I'm not saying its wrong that you can't, in fact I see why you would have rules against it and actually wouldn't disagree with it... but I think there are so many of you that make this a family business that I see nothing wrong with it.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry,

Then how did your kids get into the show? -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
                I say no kids and no fees, kids will just be in the way and unlike crew members they have no input to what is needed for the haunt. If they are going to charge a fee then maybe it can be one fee per haunt and not for each person with that haunt.
                I'm with you on this one ice. I am sorry I love kids and I want kids some day but I wouldn't want them at this kind of a show. It is strictly business, when I'm walking through Oak islands haunted walk-thur display I wouldn't want kids hanging out inside goofing off thinking that the claustrophobia walls is a playground.
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I hate to be the old crank in the room, but TW is a business show primarily designed for owners and authorized buyers -- and I don't think kids or teens shoudl be allowed on the floor ... Or if they are, it should only be during designated hours of the day (perhaps the first couple hours of Saturday so that we can see how they react to the stuff?)

It was hard enough to navigate through the halls this year with the high volumes of people (many of whom weren't really authorized to spend $ with the vendors) and would only be worse with all the kids running around all weekend long.
                  Scott Simmons
                  The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
                  http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

hmm

I dont know if that tits magee is gonna be walking should kids really be exposed to that? I think that if kids are allowed that drops the age for everyone right? or is this just children of registered vendors and such and then 18 and up for everyone else. If that is the case that really wouldnt make much sense.

Depending on how much the fees are I think that the numbers wouldnt drop that much and who knows it might actually add more that have never attended due to the kids factor.

Larry on another note I strongly think daycare provided would be a big benefit. I think every adult with children at some point during the show would want to take time out for themselves or for doing business .
                    ________
                    Ford Vega history
                    Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 06:01 PM.
                    www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                    "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                    Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                    Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

Because TW is a tradeshow and not a convention, I would like to see younger children not allowed on the floor during business hours. Unfortunately, many parents do not recognize when their children are inconveniencing others.

There is also the consideration of insurance premiums. Will TW have more to pay if children are on the floor - and thereby raising the costs for everyone? Will the entry fees cover it?

If there were to be a costume party, then sure, allow them, if the parents think it would be appropriate for their children.

Parrents would need to be aware, too, that the Painted Boob Lady may be lurking!
                      Sarah Meier
                      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

One other thing I just thought of, what about all the gore at the show. Do you think the vendors would have to cut down on all the blood and guts because of young eyes walking around?
                        ~Bill Mlinac
                        The Deadland Haunted House
                        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Gore and kids will eventually be a problem. Some unsuspecting newbie will bring kids and be offended and EVERYONE will pay the price.

Comment

They charge a fee, they better have something they are giving us in exchange, like free seminars etc. Can you tell this has hit a nerve?!!!! I never speak in caps!!!!!!!!!
                            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Originally posted by xxxdirk View Post
                              They charge a fee, they better have something they are giving us in exchange, like free seminars etc. Can you tell this has hit a nerve?!!!! I never speak in caps!!!!!!!!!
                              I agree they need to offer more if they're going to charge a fee. How about at least a freakin' keychain.
                              Sarah Meier
                              Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                              "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Working...
                              X