No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the talk about the Halloween II remake I just had to check out Rob's Halloween remake again.....So I headed over to a free movie site as there is no way I would pay to have this in my horror movie collection! I didn't really recall all that much about the films beginning and after viewing the first half again now I know why!! I must have tried to block it all out of my memory. I only watched up to Michael going to the sanitarium and didn't care to watch anymore even though the last half of the movie is the only thing I find worth watching.

This movie goes right in with the dysfunctional family stuff as many have mentioned here....'cept I think it was referred to as "trailer trash family". The whole point of Halloween and one Rob obviously didn' t get is that Michael was a normal child with loving parents! Not to mention in the original he was only 6 when he killed his sister, not some dumpy-picked on 10 year old dork that goes postal. I know it's Rob's vision and all but there's very little vision to turning Michael Myers into a run of the mill serial killer, I can see that on any number of tv shows or movies. Oh scary he mutilated small animals when he was young, whoopty f'n doo put a bullet in him already!

I loved House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects not for their originality mind you (because there really wasn't any) but for the homages that they were. Rob really gets that kind of cinema and genre but he obviously doesn't know what made the classics classic and instead infuses Halloween with the sleazier-grittier horror of the 70's, everything that made House and Devils work and had nothing to do with the original Halloween.

I don't mind remakes, I even like some of them though usually don't prefer them to the original. And all this talk about Hollywood running out of ideas because of remakes is crap remakes have existed since the beginnings of cinema. It's very easy to look back at a 20-30 year old film and think, "Man they should have done this that way or that this way." or use new advances in f/x to enhance them but it will never make the remake in any way superior to an original vision.

I'll probably be checking out Halloween II (because somehow I'm hoping Rob will redeem himself with it) on one of the free movie sites but ain't know way in hell I'll be paying to see it.

Comment

Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It looks like Zombie is taking his copycat approach one step further in this by ripping off elements from early friday the 13th movies whereas his mother is encouraging him to kill....

Allan

Comment

Working...
        X