how many minispots!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many minispots!!??

Allright, so i just got a pack of mini spots and the colors look really nice and brightness is good as well.
    I was just wondering how many of these lights i would normally use for one room, or just how many you use in your own haunts.

I thought i heard the darkness was full of them, would be interesting to hear how many of them they use?
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

I use between 5 and 20 of them per room and the ocassional one or two in hallways. But mix up the use of them, have a few behind things to give a glow, I dont use them all as if they were spotlights.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

oh allright.
      yeah i guess its gonna vary alot, im trying to find ways to just make them giveoff natural light and stuff.
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Great lights!

Bert at Minispotlights.com is offering HHA members a great discount!
        HHA members receive a 10% discount from November to September (no discount in September and October.)
        Members must call for a coupon code to get the discount.

Allan Bennett

Comment

mini spots

I think it really depends on what your doing for a scare and how you plan to initiate the scare point. You may not want to have too much light before the scare so you dont give anything away. Placing the lights directly behind or under something can create that glowing effect and not light your room up too much.

You can also have some lights be switched with an animation controller, pressure switch, or even a simple light switch so that the lights come on right at the scare point.

Kelly Anderson
          HauntYourHouse.NET
          Kelly Anderson
          Owner- Halloween Undercroft
          http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
          Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Kelly is right you dont want to have it too bright and give away anything. Mainly a good scare. You want to mainly light up your main focal points or props or things you want to be seen in the room. They mainly are made for that anyway. Placing them below and behind different things you want to be seen will add a cool effect and make things look eerie.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

hey Nick,
              we developed our own lighting for our haunt Shanghai Nighmtare using various sized LEDs, some are similar to those mini spots while others are much larger and brighter. in small rooms where i just needed highlighting of some key objects i used about 5-10 of those single LED lights. hallway of portraits i used a single spotlight for each portrait (i aim the spotlight across the hall to the opposite wall from an angle so that visitors looking forward won't need the light source).

in some larger rooms such as the lab, i wanted more lights to show all the details, i used LED floodlights (no focus) and high power spotlights (really bright), usually about 2 or 3 of these per room (about 10x10 size) is enough.

in even larger areas (such as a grave yard), i only used high power spotlights because they had a further reach.

here's what we used: http://darklight.e5design.com

Quan
              E5 Design Inc.
              http://www.e5design.com
              sigpic
              The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Hey has any one tried the lighting system from Oak Island in there Scare Products Cat. on page #21? There control box looks interesting seeing that you can run your entire attraction off the one box...AS for the LED's you make your own!!

Comment

i dunno about oak island's specs...

i haven't tried Oak Island's LED products but their LED power specs are a bit suspect... it says approx 4 milliamp, 10 milliamp, and 45 milliamps for their lights... if those specs are true, they wouldn't light up much of anything.

a 4 milliamp LED would be as bright as an indicator light you find on your remote control, even the largest 45 milliamp light wouldn't be much brighter than 2 keychain LEDs.

most LED spotlights in the industry use approx 20mA LEDs, which are single hi-brightness LED, and even higher power ones such as 1 watt LEDs use up to 350mA of current.

Quan
                  E5 Design Inc.
                  http://darklight.e5design.com
                  sigpic
                  The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

ACTUALLY they are pretty bright...even at the shows where they display them....they are bright...just saying...

Comment

Northern if your making you own then a control system is pretty easy to rig. I use alot of doorbell buttons so my actors can work the lights.
                      I did a class on LEDs a while ago and I use 20ma Leds. They work great. Nice and bright, but the White,green, and blues are easily the brightest.
                      Allen H
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                      X