No announcement yet.

Your take on the St Louis Transworld Show 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another post from me on this subject... I FOUND my LOST camera of IAAPA show pictures. Again I ask ANYONE to tell me how we have MORE in common with a retail show than an attraction show... here are photos I took at IAAPA.

See anything you could use in your "ATTRACTION" ??????? How about that spiderman wall, how about egypt stuff, lets talk to about 20 different insurance companies, no no lets talk to food vendors who can sell you stuff that will make you money, or wait a minute I'm totally off base here no I'm wrong go to the retail show and see the latest Batman costumes.

What am I thinking? LOL

Bottom line ANYONE who thinks we as attraction owners are better off with a retail show rather than an amusement show is wrong, nuts, and won't go far in this industry.

The only way to grow is to think bigger, be bigger, go bigger, learn from the top down and you WILL NOT LEARN ANYTHING at a retail show, but at IAAPA you will!!!!!!! At an attraction show strictly for HAUNTS you will!

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

But wait there is more...

Yes someone asked about foilage and yes you can get that as well, theming idea's, products you need to help your business, water based fog systems, special effects, and so much more. I WILL ADMIT THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY BATMAN, BUGS BUNNY COSTUMES FOR SALE... whoops better see if IAAPA will merge with the retail show. LOL

The haunted attraction show needs to be more like THIS THAN a retail show ... but wait I did forget about the power ranger costumes you can get. Damn maybe I'm wrong we need to be more like the retail show than the IAAPA show, because every haunted house buys Peter Pan costumes.

How did I get this so wrong? LOL

Larry
      Attached Files
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

But no could there be more things we'd like to see, buy, (COPY) whoops did I say that... LOL

An amusement show for attractions is better suited for an attraction industry, but the other side thinks we need we must have we have to have more access to wigs, sexy cloths, cartoon costumes, and lets not forget IRON MAN!

Larry
        Attached Files
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

But could there be more... but there is!

More stuff that ATTRACTION OWNERS want to see...

We can be a lot like this and more like Cinderella.

Is that the insides of a high end animation? I bet any haunter would be there with bells on taking photos. Yes even a company that sells safety signs, road signs, theming companies, vac form stuff, and yes tons of haunted house vendors. If you are going to a second show and you don't make it an amusement show but instead go to some Halloween retail show you are just shooting yourself right in the back of the head. You be the judge. Hey I'm just telling you what I know but don't take my word for it.

BTW... that one company sells these cheap systems to clean your streets, your shops, they can suck up nails, beer bottles you name it but NO ATTRACTION WOULD EVER NEED THAT I don't think...

Larry
          Attached Files
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

There are so many photos of AN AMUSEMENT SHOW I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO STOP finding things you would be interested in buying, things you would need, things you could learn from. Yes search light companies buy one don't rent... there was also several marketing companies that help get you into walmarts and stuff like that. I wish had more time to see the show rather than work my booth. I think I personally would be even further ahead than I am now. The bottom line is I understand why so many haunters can't attend IAAPA, so we must WORK HARD to bring more of these vendors to a haunted attraction show, not take us to a retail show. That is backwards.

See that one company that is a small company that says POLLING software so you can take surveys with a laptop. Pretty cool... bet you'll never see that at a retail show. See those yellow machines, those are so you can sell tickets without a ticket booth person... yeah seen only at an AMUSEMENT SHOW because what would a retailer want to sell tickets for?

But Grim you have me convinced I'll never attend this show ever again I'm headed to Houston to see what new retail costumes Rubies has! LOL

Grim... I'm giving you a hard time but I hope you now see my point and if you don't okay! I as an attraction owner see things different than you I suppose! For you from yoru perspective I understand its better but please understand that what you want is different than what haunted ATTRACTION owners want or need. As an attraction owner I need to see ATTRACTIONS EQUIPMENT and SERVICES not bugs

Larry
            Attached Files
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Let's combine the Haunt Show w/ IAAPA!

Problems solved...

Comment

Not a bad thought. However, IAAPA is in November, and they're not willing to change that. Our haunt vendors would not have any time for Research & Development of new product for the next Haunt season if the show was in November. Plus, we finally have Transworld working with us to market for growing our industry as Haunt and Halloween-related Attractions!!!
                Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                www.HauntWorld.com
                www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Patti Ludwinski View Post
                  Not a bad thought. However, IAAPA is in November, and they're not willing to change that. Our haunt vendors would not have any time for Research & Development of new product for the next Haunt season if the show was in November. Plus, we finally have Transworld working with us to market for growing our industry as Haunt and Halloween-related Attractions!!!
                  They might not the first year but after that everything would shift, build product dec-apr, r + d may-nov. I haven't had a problem with it being in chicago and combined, being in Vegas, or being in St. Louis by itself. Am I the only one who doesn't care if it is combined or separate?
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Larry

3 or 4 pages ago before you went toe to toe with Grim........You stated I should practice what I preach?

Larry? I do......if you really want to know something about me........I love to mess with you!

We all know the shows aren't going to combine.......but where I am coming from......slow down and listen.

Ron can dream and ask what he wants......lets do this in a way it hits home shall we?
                    (I have paid alot of money to fix my evilways Larry)

Ron......let's make him your son shall we?
                    Ron wishes one day for a big red ford pickup with a hummer front end.
                    Now we all know there is no such thing unless you make it....right?
                    But regardless he wants one anyways.......right?
                    So do you bitch slap him and tell him he is an idiot.....or do you say....wow what a cool idea son
                    BUT QUIT DREAMING LIKE THAT

We can all remember the days where Dream Reapers only charged $15 to see a cool haunted house.....with the lights on.
                    We can all remember parting till the weeeee hours at the crown
                    We can all remember the good times we had.........and we can hope right?

IT'S A PIPE DREAM AND IF RON WANTS TO HAVE IT>>>>HE CAN

You are right everyone is entitled to their own thoughts.....and those are mine
                    But remember......I am not stating my opinion or my side of the aurguement
                    What I will say.......is......you are speaking to a brickwall
                    The shows are split and they will stay that way
                    The houston or vegas show will fall apart as you claim and any of the vendors we dealt with will come over to us.
                    The IAAPA vendors you say we need......get them to come and the buyers and the vendors may be happy.....

But there is really no sense spending so much time on something no one can change.

Can we agree on that?

Oh.....Larry if it wasn't for the traffic that is generated by this website....from people like Ron or myself......you would have nothing for a website.....no advertisers.....no sponsors.....nothing
                    So you may not get money for him actually posting....but he is part of your statistics

So am I
                    Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

I seriously doubt IAAPA would merge with us, we're not what they are mainly targeting. Besides very few haunters go to IAAPA because its a couple weeks after Halloween and no one has the time off work or the energy to go and see it as too many vendors they can't afford to purchase from. If the Halloween section was merely eye-candy, then IAAPA is the candy factory its great seeing the rides and amusement stuff but not much to buy, at least at first glance.

If the Halloween vendors decided to exibit at the Haunt show I think that everyone would be happy, that's basically the same thing as before but now they are on our turf and catering to us instead of looking down on us....the tables would be turned in a manner of speaking...

Darkangel

Comment

Ken,

I do not get money from anyone visiting. I don't charge for the banners, and I sell them. I have been asked by everyone and their grandma to sell them banners and I won't do it. I could put google ads on these pages and make money, and I don't do it. Its not that I don't need the money or want money but to me it seems really like ummm nickle and diming.

So now you know I do not sell banners on these forums nor do I add google ads. You get a free banner on these pages if you advertise in the magazine. I have turned down tons of offers to sell banners on these pages and have NEVER added any type of google ads.

I never will...

My company we run haunted houses and we build attractions why do I want to mess with selling banners for a few hundred dollars ... more work than its worth. If that makes any sense to you!

So no when you come here you are NOT putting money into my pocket. Lastly, you guys bought an ad for your scents I think in the last magazine you should have your banners on here FREE... send one over!

----------

As for IAAPA and the haunt show working together YES YES YES I've said that 100 times already and in a PERFECT world because really that is what Grim and Ron and myself and everyone keeps talking about IN A PERFECT WORLD it would all be together. Unfortunatly IAAPA is three weeks after Halloween after most haunters are spent, taking down shows, tieing up loose ends, used up all vacation days, or whatever.

I have ALWAYS UNDERSTOOD why most haunters don't go or can't go I get it... doesn't mean you should but I do understand.

IAAPA and the Haunt industry can never combine because vendors are still shipping orders in October how can they turn new product around in time for November show. IMPOSSIBLE!

This would hurt our industry more than help it...

Just my two cents... that is WHY WE need to bring those IAAPA vendors to Transworld. GO TO IAAPA TELL THOSE VENDORS TO COME TO TRANSWORLD LIKE I DID AT IAAPA 2008.

They will come go to IAAPA and tell them!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Hummm

Ken pass the salt. Larry can I please have some more gravey? Ron pass the rolls please. LMAO! Shane and its anyone for more taters! Shane this time!
                          Last edited by graystone; 05-26-2009, 07:05 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Man, I don't even want to hear about banners right now. Free or otherwise.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

Man is there even anything left of this dead horse were beating or is it just a bloodstain now?

"Oh look over there in the corner it's a hoof lets kick it around for awhile!"

TW's gone,dead, stick a fork in it already!

Comment

Gone with the hogshead cask and demijohn, gone with the sugar barrel, pickel barrel, milk pan, gone with the tub and the pail and the fierce....

LOL, what nerd can tell me where thats from....
                                www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Working...
                                X