Top 13 Best Haunts 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haunted Overload video

Thanks again to all who mentioned our haunt and put us up for nomination this year. We consider it an extreme honor to have been voted on to the list last year. We are working on some exciting props and scenes for this season I think you will enjoy. Today we are working on giant reaper heads so I will post my list of favorites soon.

I just wanted to get this video posted so the forum readers can get a taste of what last season was like. This video was not meant to be for promotional purposes, we made it fast for our wrap party but it shows our actors in action as well as some of the sets and most importantly SCARES! A much shorter and more polished trailer will be ready for this season with even better night footage scares.

It's too long for You Tube and much better quality so you just have to go to this link and type in the password.

http://www.vimeo.com/2362159

password: partyvideo

Enjoy,

Eric
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Here is a video from our friends over at Fright Kingdom. I have personally seen their extreme dedication and hard work over the last 4 years. Now that they have secured a 50,000 sq foot warehouse to build 5 spectacular indoor attractions it really forces me to improve my own attraction just to keep up with them! We are a firm believer in cross promotion and I think the patrons benefit by having multiple quality haunts in one state to visit. By working together we hope to raise the bar in people's minds about attending different kinds of haunted attractions.

Since we share the same video company I have access to Tim's video and have watched it many times. I think it rocks and I know the forum readers will like this one. Tim Bickford of Creative Cinema Video Productions did a great job with it but Fright Kingdom makes it easy with all the outstanding content.

So far we have not seen Fright Kingdom on the top 13 list but I believe the time is now to vote them in. The video speaks for itself but does not do the haunt justice. It must be seen in person to fully appreciate. Their actors are top notch as well as the outstanding sets and scare techniques. This year will be no exception for them. I have seen it in the build stage and they are cranking on the new attractions.

Let's hear it for FRIGHT KINGDOM for a spot on the top 13! This link is better quality than You Tube, just type in the password to view.

http://www.vimeo.com/2707904

password: timbickford

Enjoy the video and let them know what you think.

Eric
      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Nice video. Kinda dark in spots hard to see everything but what I take from it is you want to say this attraction is intense! Nice work! Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

You guys keep talking about Dent School House or this 100 something whatever... POST YOU TUBE VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!! LET ME SEE!!!

If you think someone should be added POST SOME VIDEOS LET ME LOOK INSIDE THE DOOR!

As for the regional best haunts I think that is a good idea. I like it!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

DarkSyde Acres

I dont know if anyone nominated them but I would like to nominate

DarkSyde Acres - Michigan

They have a great FX team, and kick-ass ( Iconic characters !! )

Here is a example.... way to go guys !

Last edited by maliciousstudios; 05-24-2009, 07:50 AM.
            "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com
            "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
            http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

FRIGHTWORLD:

Probably one of the best, if not THE best, haunts in the country! -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I didnt get any video myself last year, but this year 100 Acres Manor is on the pre tour at MHC so you guys will be able to experience it yourself. I did find one video on line its not to good but it shows a bit.

all the best

Jackie
                Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Y89gqUNys

this is their myspace

http://www.myspace.com/hundredacresmanor
                “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Our production videos arent quite ready yet. However here is a trailer from a horror movie shot at Hundred Acres Manor. Just a sampling so you can see the size of the attraction and some of the scenery. Keep in mind, ALOT has changed since this video was shot. The video Jackie posted shows some of the updates we have made.

Many thanks to everyone who nominated us!

Comment

top 13 nomination

Haunted Prison Experience
                    Ohio State Reformatory , Mansfield Ohio

Not only is this place awesome(a real prison and one of only 5 castle structures in the U.S.) but is actually haunted!
                    Considered one of the worlds most haunted places( featured on many haunted documantary's and Ghost Hunters), location for many motion pictures(including Shawshank Redemption) and on Travel Channels list of 100 places to visit before you die.
                    During the haunt season this place has no comparison.
                    full of annimations, props and f/x, close to 45 minuets long, numerous regional awards(including haunt of the year) draws from numerous major markets, huge attendence and just out and out scary and terrifying!

Comment

let's go, folks !!!!!!!!

please post more top haunts.... I need some places to visit this october !!!! thanks!!!!!! what about "THE EDGE OF HELL" ? anyone been there ???? please advise !!!!!

Comment

Only 5 castle structures in the US? I wonder what they are basing that on? Within a 2 hour drive or less from here I can see 4 castle structures, Cloisters Castle, Maryvale Castle, Eastern State Penn, and The Castle Smithsonian building in DC.

Allan

Comment

Well, there is a Medieval Times near me, in the suburbs of Chicago...

Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

LOL, yeah of course there are Medieval Times too!

Allan

Comment

The Reformatory is the largest castle-like structure in Ohio, and in the top 5 largest in the USA. Comprising 250,000+ square feet, and combining three architectural styles: Victorian Gothic, Richardsonian Romanesque, and Queen Anne.

That's from the website: http://www.mrps.org/

So it's not one of five total, it's one of the five largest.

It's also the venue for my wedding
                              Katie Lane
                              Partner/VP
                              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Man I get sick of the top 13 haunts as voted on by other haunt owners each year. If we are going to keep doing these superlatives each year lets figure out a way to get the patrons opinion not ours. Half the time we vote on these top attractions by just looking at video and pictures instead of actually visiting them. In my opinion the top 13 issue is always the worst one for the year.
                                Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                                X