Google Voice - Heads up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Voice - Heads up

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on Google Voice which may be helpful to other haunters. Like many things by Google, the service is free to use. I just started using it last week for my haunted attraction, but from my limited use of it here are some details.

-Provides in-bound only phone service.
    -They allow you to pick from an available list of phone numbers (can't transfer a number though)
    -Calls can automatically be forwarded to any number (cell phone, land line, etc.)
    -Provides voice mail
    -It will transcribe and email your voicemails. It also has some texting option.

So instead of paying for phone service the 10 or 11 months of off-season non-use its not a bad deal. During operating hours I'll just forward calls to a cell and the rest of the year it will just go to voicemail.

The only downside is it's not available yet to the general public. I signed up a few months ago and finally got my invitation to join last week, but from what I hear they're moving faster to a general release.

Might be worth checking into.

www.google.com/voice
    Ken Darrigo
    ClearCut Operations, Inc.
    www.clearcuthaunt.com
    www.queuerevenue.com

nice find!
    www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

Would that be..

"Barney Google, with those goo-goo-googly eyes?"
      Who could have ever guessed that a cartoon character would make it in computer services?
      If I was beginning a new business of any kind I would give it a catchy name, one that everyone is always disscussing..it would be called "Who Farted?"
      No matter what the season or the economic conditions this subject of debate is always number one or , is it number two? 2 1/2? Most popular subject talked about, especially among young boys just about to enter the newspaper route job market or Kool-aid stands franchise
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey thanks! That's a great idea.
        Mrs.Boo

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
        ~Miracle Max

Comment

Its a nice thing. I currently use it as well.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
          http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
          "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
          http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Working...
          X