Sinister Scents - which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinister Scents - which one?

OK. I have wanted to get my feet wet with something from sinister scents for years now. This year I'm getting something. the problem is Ive never smelled any of their stuff so I am not sure which one I want. does anyone know the smell that would fit our theme of late 1800 house? I saw the one called Haunted House but wanted some feed back from you guys. I was thinking it may smell like old books or a dusty/musty kinda smell. This is mainly for our entry room that is a library.
    any ideas?
    www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Honestly, I wouldn't order anything without smelling it yourself.
    I bought some mildew stuff (At the Dream Reapers haunt) and loved it.
    However I heard another haunt owner bought the burnt flesh and hated what it turned out to smell like.
    I would suggest waiting until Transworld 2010
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Haunted House doesn't really smell like old books. It's more like an old home with a dirt floor basement with a hint of mildew. It's a good scent for that type of a theme. There scents are pretty much what they say they smell like. Some are VERY powerful (like just bad). There fan units are great or you can buy commercial fans at Sam's club but they aren't black covered. They will last a long time and get you through your season. We have even kept them into the next year if you keep them in storage bags.

Comment

Originally posted by spookhaven View Post
        Haunted House doesn't really smell like old books. It's more like an old home with a dirt floor basement with a hint of mildew. It's a good scent for that type of a theme. There scents are pretty much what they say they smell like. Some are VERY powerful (like just bad). There fan units are great or you can buy commercial fans at Sam's club but they aren't black covered. They will last a long time and get you through your season. We have even kept them into the next year if you keep them in storage bags.
        cool. I will go with that then for now.
        www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

I love the Mildew and Haunted House scents. In rooms and areas where I have used Haunted House for several years the smell still lingers without replacement bags. And talk about scents that won't die, my doughnut bag of Volcano will not fade away. This is it's third year of kicking out the odor. I have left it set out in the haunt for months after the show, and it still hangs in there. I currently have it in a zip lock bag on a shelf in storage, and if I get within 4-5 feet of it I can smell it. If you have need for a burnt type smell you will get your moneys worth out of that one. I have talked about this one before on the board, but it still amazes me.
          sigpic
          Louis Brown
          Owner, operator, and dish washer
          at
          DarkWood Manor

Comment

I haven't used the scents personally but four years ago I went to Dreamreapers during TransWorld and they were using the scents in full effect. I can still remember burnt wire, burnt flesh and piss (I think it's called hospital scent). Those one's absolutely nauseated me and I can still smell them to this day <insert disgusted face here>.

Maybe they're not the most pleasant but they sure do leave a lasting impression if you want people to remember your show heh.

Comment

Working...
            X