This goes out to Larry K....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This goes out to Larry K....

and anyone else that has a wine cellar in their haunt. I have seen a few and decied to put one in the Manor. I am getting rid of the maze because we have got to keep the crowds moving and they are getting bottle necked in the maze so a wine cellar it is!!!

I along with Shaun stayed at the farm yesterday while some of the other crew was at the Manor working and I can this much cutting those racks where the wine bottles will sit is a long and time consuming thing!!!! Damn wish I had did something else with it but its no turning back now! I have spent as much on 31/2' drill bits as I think I did on the wood!!! Shane and its thanks alot! Shane this time!
    sigpic

Lol, ya those drill bits are pretty expensive. We had to search all over Amazon for one that we needed. What do you use for the bottles? Just real glass bottles then attached into the shelf or fake ones?

Comment

Bottles

I found a place in Mississippi that has real bottles. I bought 92 cases each case has 12 bottles so I got a lil over 1000 bottles. I got some seals for them and just sliped them over and gonna leave some unsealed! Shane and its maybe I will put up a pic or two! Shane this time.
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.sfdisplay.com/wineracks.a...FeKO5wodIj5_kQ
        Last time I did a cellar I used these guys racks.
        they stained beautifully and looked great covered in webs. I also did all of the lighting behind the racks the room looked awesome, I love wine cellar rooms.
        Post some pics Shane!
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Ravens Grin Wine Cellar.

Carved or blasted out of solid dolomite rock, 31 by 16 with a 12 ft, high stone arch ceiling, it is usually 52 degrees down there year-round.
          There have been no bottles or alcohol in the room for 100 years now but my Ex saw two phantom-ghost-like creatures on the surveilence camera 8 years ago, racking up some non-existant wine racks.
          Depending upon the customers , there can sometimes be alot of "Whine" down there.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wine Racks

Shane, you can build just one of your bottle racks and use it as a template. Set up a router table with a flush bearing trim bit , this becomes a pattern cutting bit. you attach your pattern to a same sized blank with a little double stick tape and let the bearing roll along the pattern. This cuts the duplicate shape with ease. I suggest a *quality router, a 1/2" collet shaft router bit with 3-4 flutes. Use 1/2" plywood for your blanks, anything thicker is really un-necessary! This operation gets a little dusty but the benefits are amazing. You can use this technique every time you need to duplicate a series of patterns multiple times.

Tip: If an employee comes in hung over from the night before, the annoying noise will cure any future expoits!!

Matt

*-Porter Cable, made in America!
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Hey Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip bro! Shane and its man its really great to see the top vendors in this indusrty offering tips to others! Shane this time!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X