Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College update...

Hey guys,
    I tend to do this at least once a semester so here is this ones...

College is going great, we are about to open our first BIG show of this semester called "Urinetown: The Musical"... in which I was on "set crew" for! ALOT of fun!

I am also running lead make-up artist for the YESS Festival in April. Basically this is a 3-4 day festival of UNPRODUCED plays. We do this for two reasons:

-Because once a play is produced it has the ability to go to Broadway!

-The first company (this being NKU) to produce will be put in the script! After the cover it will say "First produced at NKU" and will list ALL cast and crew by name... NKU has actually had actors called to New York because they where the original character in the play!

But was casted as lead make-up artist and therefore am incharge of the prosthetics design, construction, and application during the shows. I know one of our characters is too have "elephantitus", so that make-up will be fun!

I have also decided to DOUBLE MAJOR in college. Since I LOVE scenic design/construction... and make-up; I've decided to major in BOTH! So now I am a Scenic Design/Make-up and Costumes BFA major at Northern Kentucky University!... Say that three times fast! HAhaahaa...

Also, a little more personal I recently asked long-time girlfriend Morgan Bailey to marry me and she said YES! I am so excited and you all will get to meet her at TW! As for a wedding, we are both waiting until AFTER we graduate college... we're trying to play this "smart"!

A little more on Morgan, she is a Elementary special education major seeking her BFA and then onto a MFA in Speech Pathology! She has such a BIG heart! She also attends NKU.

As far as business goes, I am still running TerrorMedia... just not as much since school takes up ALOT of my time. I am currently working on a new haunt CD with fellow composer Bobby Evans; it's turning out REALLY nice! We are trying to incorporate full orchestra's: strings, choirs, brass, woodwinds, percussion, and effects... NO MORE ambient tracks unless it can be done completely with an orchestra!

I am still adding more stuff to my studio... so far it's going great until my wallet screams.. "NO MORE!" LOL! (Virgil, you know what I'm talking about here!)

I am also trying HARD to get a documentary off the ground but so far, not so good!

So, if anybody needs a HARD WORKING college make-up artist this season (and is in reasonable distance to campus...lol!) GIVE ME A CALL! I am more than happy to help!

Until next time, I can't wait to meet everyone at TW... My must see list is:

-Gwen
    -Virgil
    -Larry
    -Kel
    -Jonathan
    -Greg
    -Jim
    -Rich
    -Steve
    -and the rest of the HW.com FAMILY!

Take Care,
    Tyler

PS: If anybody just wants to talk... feel free to call me at (606) 748-7217 (cell)... Later.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Wow, Tyler, sounds like you've got a lot going on!

Congratulations on your engagement!
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Awe, thank you! Yeah, I love Morgan more than anything else. Yeah, I could say that I've had a pretty busy year! LOL! Thanks. -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Congratulations on your engagement. That is great news. It is also good to hear that school is going so well. Keep up the good work.

Dave
        Lords of Chaos, LLC
        House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, school is awesome... in case your wondering, here is a link to our dept.:

http://www.nku.edu/~theatre/destech.htm

See you at TW,
          Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Congratulations on the engagement and everything else! I really hope I can have as much success in college as you are having. The hard work will pay off in the end, good luck on continueing your studies and the life ahead!

Take care,
            Luke
            - - Luke - -

Comment

Alright, sounds like you are well on your way to making your dreams come true. Keep it up!
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Congrats on the engagement! Seems like yesterday I was popping the question myself...now I've been married for 3 1/2 years! With an 8 month old no less!
                Keep up the good work at college...I have a Bachelor's of Fine Arts : Applied Media Arts Degree (Animation was my concentration) from Edinboro University in Pa with enough credits for an Art History Minor and I'm working in a lumber mill as a machine operator...sure I hold a higher status in the mill, but it's not what I want to be doing...
                Oh well, just work work work while you're in college and achieve your dreams...
                Hopefully my partner and I will get our haunt in full swing for the 2007 season!
                But first my COLTS have to pummel his BEARS!!! Isn't that something: Business partners with rival teams in the Super Bowl! Hehehe!
                Congrats again Tyler!

Best wishes,
                Kirk :twisted:
                Kirk Boemmel
                Dark Ghost Manor
                www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

I always attempted to avoid being "Casted" ("Type-Casted?), and I also tried to avoid being rated but I always moved and spoke very carefully if I was in line to get casted and rated.
                  In new-speak, that would be.....castrated!
                  It can be dangerous being an entertainer!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Tyler!

It's Basketball time again and your school is in our conference - any bets against UW-Parkside?!?!

GO RANGERS!!!
                    Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                    The White Star Farm
                    "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Well, knowing that NKU is ranked #1... I'd go with us!

GO NORSE!!!

We'll see,
                      Tyler

PS: http://www.glvcsports.com/sport.asp?path=mbball
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Awesome news Tyler! Keep up te great work! You are laying thefoundation to realize your dreams my friend! It sounds like you're enjoying the process as much as you're looking forward to the reward. That's awesome!

Kel
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks for the support Kel, I am loving every step of the process! College is so cool, can be a headache sometimes, but really fun none-the-less. -Tyler
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yes Tyler,

But we did upset UW-Milwaukee (Div I) in an exhibition game... UW-M went to Sweet 16 last year!

We'll see -
                            Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                            The White Star Farm
                            "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Working...
                            X