Posting Warnings & Disclaimers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
    Okay, so it's looking to me more and more like we should definitely incorporate the Music/Rules we used in 2005 for our 2007 haunt and beyond.
    Well, it was a good idea, but what I meant was that no one listened to it, so we had to have a face to face briefing. Our one mistake was that the recording was longer than most people cared to listen, and to most people it just became background noise. I know this topic is about the signs and warnings and all that, but I think if you wanted to actually have the patrons listen and understand the rules, signs take second place to an actual face to face briefing. And it's always best to have more than one method.

Just thought I'd throw somethin in though I'm not who you are really askin' ops:
    - - Luke - -

Comment

Re: What is a "head honcho"?

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
      Originally posted by GhoulKraft
      I Just think you could be yourself and not worry about titles and who gets their props. Relax.
      See that's the thing.....This IS me. Hang around long enough. You'll find that out. I think you've gotten the wrong impression of me totally. I'm the Founder/Executive Director of a nonprofit for kids with Autism. My haunt, The Scream Extreme, is our fundraising event that supports our field trip program for the kids. I've been haunting for over 30yrs. But, it's mostly been home haunting. Going pro in 2005 was a HUGE jump for me and I still have a LOT to learn. BUT...from the Pros. I have a home haunter's mentality - I already know what they think and do. However, if The Scream Extreme is going to make it, I've got to get my info from the Pros to bring my level of thinking and standards up to their level. I'm not ashamed of that. That's why I am here.
      Fair enough, but you should be well on your way after 30 years anyway. And kudos for the autism charity. I have been involved with haunting for a while now and never really needed the forum. It doesn't make or break a haunt. I understand those with experience but do not feel the need to exhault them.

Comment

Originally posted by SSP
        Just thought I'd throw somethin in though I'm not who you are really askin' ops:
        LOL! TOUCHE'! :lol:

Well, I think with postings, the recording which also dubs as entertainment and reinterating it briefly at the beginning, everyone will have had a chance to see or hear them.

Midnight Evil said The Haunted Vineyard had postings, but also briefly went over them at the door, as well. I think the point for me is to keep it simple. KISS

Comment

Hi Empress,

We also make recordings that go over all of our rules. Our set up is a bit easier because EVERYONE has to ride our passenger train to get to our event. We play the rules during the ride along with music, knowing that everyone is a "trapped" audience makes it easier for us to get our point accross.

The ride on the train is short but effective. I will not be playing the rules on the night of the Tour because I will be giving everyone a basic run down of how we incorporate the train and our surroundings with Terror on the Fox.

Take care and we'll see you soon!

Tattoo

p.s. We just sold out the third bus! Hello number four!
          Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Working...
          X