Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spookywoods - Awesome Marketing Tip - Maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spookywoods - Awesome Marketing Tip - Maybe?

Hi Haunters,

I'm always thinking how to reach our target market and I had a crazy idea. I have not gone through a season using this yet, but I wanted to share it with all of you.

I have seen more of our target market having kids than every before, heck I can't tell if the kids are brother and sister or mother and son anymore! In order to get those young moms and dads to visit a haunted attraction you have to think of being in thier shoes. First decision is what to do with the rug rats, they can't take them to the haunt, although I have seen very young kids dragged in and terrified to never come back again by some parents. The second decision is can they afford the haunt and a baby sister.

I contacted a child care agency and they agreed to send a letter to all of their clients that Spookywoods is offering a 25% discount promotion code to purchase a reservation ticket online. This offsets the cost of the child care agency offering child care at night so the parents can go to the haunt. The first agency I contacted has over 500 clients, not a huge number but you got to think of the big picture most clients would be times 2. They get out of the house have a blast with no waiting with a timed ticket to the haunt at a deal and become a new fan for life. I threw in one free Maize Adventure ticket just to hook them a little more to come out to the farm during they day with the kids.

What do you guys think, I'm I way off or have freaking great idea?
    Last edited by twohlgemuth; 09-03-2009, 10:01 PM.
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

Tony, you are always so good at thinking way outside the box! It sounds like a great idea to me. I'll be anxious to hear how it turns out! We have to get together for a brainstorming session some time my friend... TW 2010? Thanks for always sharing your ideas!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Then when...

All those little kids are all at the one babysitting place, a couple of guys in Real Scary costumes can go over there and terrorize them all at once!
      Go ahead and park al your planes wing tip to wing tip so we can guard them easier at night, then we bomb them first thing Sunday morning!
      The one and only drawback to your babysitter idea as I see it will be the parents reluctant to put their child in a good, safe place whereas some parents use a haunt experience as a potential threat or an excuse to terrorize their kids just because they like doing this to their kids, themselves.
      Just tonight I was talking about some parents who work at making their own little kids cry in a haunt. What do I do about it? (They are their kids, not mine.)
      Sometimes I manage to scare the adult, a good sort of a payback, along with a healthy laugh for the kid.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
      X