Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portable Sprinkler System in tents in NY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Sprinkler System in tents in NY?

Does anyone know how to accomplish portable Sprinkler systems in a tent for an attraction in N.Y?

Thanks

Sprinkler systems

I have a Scair Structure in NY and since it is under 1000 sq feet it does not require a sprikler system. Inflate decorate and your set.

If interested call Jim 516-526-9049

Comment

I have checked into this and the best I can come up with is that it is not so much the the system is portable as it is just built once the tent or what ever is up. After the event is over it is disconnted and taken apart. There maybe a portable system but I don't think so.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

tent sprinkler in MD

We have a 30x60 for one of our side show events this year, and our fire marshall is adament about a sprinkler system inside of the tent. Which is fine (now any other haunt that comes in to my county will be required to be sprinklered). Luckily for us, we have most of the equipment already, and they're working with what we have.
        What they want from us...
        a total of 8 sprinkler heads, 10' in height, 10' from the exterior walls, and spaced evenly down two main lines.
        We have a 2000 gallon tank on a farm wagon, with a 3hp electric pump (1 1/2" line) which will pump something like 200 gpm through open head sprinklers. The whole thing is manually activated by our director on a catwalk above the panels.
        I don't know if this helps, or the regulations in your area, but I hope this helps.
        Patrick Barberry
        www.legendsofthefog.com
        sigpic

Comment

I think one of the reasons it's hard to find information on portable/temporary sprinkler systems is that they aren't required for any other industry, like circuses. Fire and building officials have taken things too far. I'm all for safety, but how can they keep bringing up the ONE bad incident over and over again? The one case where they evidently didn't have any safety measures in place, and built it out of the worst materials possible. Now everyone has to jump through hoops in the other direction because the fire marshall there was apparently brain dead.

Forget tents, plywood and 2x4s. Someone build a haunt out of metal with fireproofed props and dare them to requre a sprinkler system. This is just ridiculous.

For those of you who can't tell, I have recently had some negative experiences in this matter myself.

Comment

Working...
          X