Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for people to back my project on building a haunted house for my community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for people to back my project on building a haunted house for my community

All my life I have loved horror movies and haunted houses ,and also Halloween. I have always enjoyed going to haunted houses and getting dressed up for Halloween when I was a kid. I'm a big believer in having a hobby that you love doing. For the longest time I have wanted to put together a a haunted house for everyone in my community. Im trying to find people that would be willing to back my project on opening up Flour Bluffs first haunted house for the community. The link is at the bottum of the page so you can look at the project. I also plan on having canned food drives and raising money for the local laguna little league baseball with some of the money that I raise at the haunted house.I have been in contact with a owner of a haunted house that is looking into selling his two haunted house and all his props. I have the location for the haunted house I just need the supplies for run the haunted house. I plan on opening the haunted house to the community on October 18th,19th, 20th,25th,26th,27th,28th,29th,30th,31th, and the 1st of November. We will be open from 7pm to 12pm every night. If you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will be willing to answer anything you need to know.

The Devil's Playground Haunted House by Norman Gresham http://kck.st/1aoyOTs via @kickstarter

I dont mind soundin like a dick so I will say this

You posted the same thing in 3 threads...This is not a place for Kickstarter Projects....you might of missed this because you are new but people will usually get very angry at you for doing this.....besides its Sept...time for the haunt to be open!
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Ya Tater
      I was just thinking same thing.
      Some times we need to be Dicks

I know a number of people that triedto Kick Start a Haunt but only got Kicked to the curb
      just like this one
      Gary
      Midnight Evil Productions
      www.MidnightEvil.com
      Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
      www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Hmmmmmm

OK, not trying to be a COMPLETE ass, but this is pretty laughable. Your goal is to raise $10,000 in only 13 days. Most kickstarter campaigns are much longer. My biggest thing though, is that you think you can build a complete haunted attraction in a little over 10 days? Good luck with that. You won't reach your goal anyways, but it would be sort of interesting to see what kind of attraction you could throw together between Oct 7th and 18th.
        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Hey Shredman

He started on Sept 6, so in 17 days he got a BIG ZERO
          Gary
          Midnight Evil Productions
          www.MidnightEvil.com
          Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
          www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Thats Tater...

Willing to take one for the team. And don't take Taters "...everyone thinks you're an asshole" personally. Since you are new you might not know thats how he signs off on all posts.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Im sorry he posted this is MULTIPLE FORUMS as well as Threads...can the Mods please bounce this guy...or make me a Mod so I can

Comment

As soon as I read the subject for this thread on the main list I thought, "They're going to shred him, but I wonder how hard they're going to shred him?" Now I know.
                Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Yugh. How about someone who says:

"I've been building my own animatronics for years"

"I have a 97 page business plan detailing every room throughout the haunt as well as operations manuals I've been writing for years"

"I have studied human behavior and marketing systems, and have a firm grasp of business decisions that will benefit my business"

"I've been working for many other haunted houses throughout the years doing scene and set design, lighting, sound, and detailing"

"I have a great idea that no one else in the area is doing and I firmly believe I can do it before anyone else"

Everyone wants free handouts without doing years upon years of hard work and dedication to other haunts first.

The "love" of a haunted house you visited isn't enough.

Be prepared for 18 hour days, heartache, weight loss, friendships being tested, and a slew of other things that lead to the eventual possibility that you may succeed.

And you want to do this THIS year?!?! Or next??

Because this year is out. Period, unless you have no job, shitloads of money, and plenty of time to give in to this.

Cut your losses, save the embarrassment, go partner with a firehouse doing black plastic and latex props, and start planning for NEXT season starting November 1.

Sorry to be blunt, but many are thinking it.

Comment

Well I started building on my haunt 2 years before we opened. TWO YEARS and I still was not completely ready. I was in the Manor attaching the last board when we had the first customer coming through the gate...UGH!! I researched haunts several years prior to even starting my own. Talked to people, picked brains,went to haunts, watched the forums here for years before I even signed on. I've learned a lot but I still have more to learn to learn. You never stop learning in this business. If you ever get to the point where you think you know it all you will surely fail. This is a tough business. IT IS NOT A GET RICH QUICK SCHEME!! You will not see any profit for many years so be prepared. I am in my third year of operation and I hope to see some profit, however small, for the first time. You have to love this you have to be willing, as was mentioned above, to sacrifice sleep, family, friends, any kind of social life and money to make it work. If the first scream of the season brings you complete satisfaction and a huge smile then you are in the right business. Every haunt owner gets a little crazy during this time of year, OK maybe a LOT CRAZY....LOL! Now is not the time to be asking for money for your haunt ....we need money for OUR haunts. By this time we have spent every last dime just to get the doors open. Hoping for good weather so we can at least get a few people through so we can pay our bills that are due NOW! OK I shall go..thank you for allowing me to rant here..

Sue
                    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

This person looks like he/she is just dumping this post and leaving.

Comment

Guys I know this is a touchy subject but the guy may not have known what he was getting in too when posting. I think he does now. My advice for you my friend is to take a step back and maybe introduce yourself to the people on Hauntworld first before asking for money. You will fine that most here are willing to help people in many ways but you can't just think you can come on here as a stranger and they would pull out their credit card and send you $10,000. Also that is not sarcasm when people laugh about your time line to open, that is experience, you have owners and actors that have years of experience on here and they know what at train wreck it will be if you try to do a haunt on such a short time line. So let me welcome you to Hauntworld and tell you not to take it personal.
                        Phatman

Comment

Austin

He did do an introduce yourself...here is what it said

All my life I have loved horror movies and haunted houses ,and also Halloween. I have always enjoyed going to haunted houses and getting dressed up for Halloween when I was a kid. I'm a big believer in having a hobby that you love doing. For the longest time I have wanted to put together a a haunted house for everyone in my community. Im trying to find people that would be willing to back my project on opening up Flour Bluffs first haunted house for the community. The link is at the bottum of the page so you can look at the project. I also plan on having canned food drives and raising money for the local laguna little league baseball with some of the money that I raise at the haunted house.I have been in contact with a owner of a haunted house that is looking into selling his two haunted house and all his props. I have the location for the haunted house I just need the supplies for run the haunted house. I plan on opening the haunted house to the community on October 18th,19th, 20th,25th,26th,27th,28th,29th,30th,31th, and the 1st of November. We will be open from 7pm to 12pm every night. If you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will be willing to answer anything you need to know.

The Devil's Playground Haunted House by Norman Gresham http://kck.st/1aoyOTs
                          via @kickstarter

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightEvil View Post
                            Hey Shredman

He started on Sept 6, so in 17 days he got a BIG ZERO
                            Oh wow, I figured by the $0.00 total he had JUST started it. :lol:

Anyways, I would feel sorta bad for the guy if he didn't get a single pledge.
                            INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Tater I ment before you ask for money.
                              Phatman

Comment

Working...
                              X