Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Legend Lives... when will this ever die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend Lives... when will this ever die?

I got this email today...

Hello. I had searched on your website hauntedhousesonline.com in search for a haunted house thats either in Richmond or Roanoke, Virginia. I haven't had any luck on my search either as I'm looking for a haunted house where the admission is about $50 to $60 and if you make it through, you get your money back. I've heard things such as people grabbing you from your group and throwing you in dark rooms by yourself and just scare the holy hell out of you. They also said there was exits throughout the house in case people can't make it through. I don't know if you've heard anything like this, but if you have, please provide me with some information. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

When will this ever die?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Roanoke, Virginia?

I live in Roanoke and there's no such haunt around here! As for neighboring county of Richmond, can't say I've ever heard a haunt of that calibur there either!

Where did this person get their info?
    Last edited by Smiley; 10-15-2008, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Wow, thats awesome!

And a coincidence...... cause ther's one of those in Dallas too!

And come to think of it, theres one in Austin, and Houston. Oh, and in Pheonix too!!!!!!!!!

WOW, THESE THINGS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!

But the funny thing is, everyone I talk to has not been to it yet. But all of thier friends have!

-I'm so tired of hearing about these things. I wish people would shut up about these places! It seems like every teenager I talk to, is gonna go to one of these.
      And when I try to tell them they dont exist, they get all defensive, and say their friend just went to it.
      And then, when I ask them where it's at, they never can give me a straight answer.
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I'm not sure that urban legend will ever die. I got so many people emailing me that I created a page on my website about it:

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/hoax1.php
        Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
        Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

It's an urban legend.
          Even here in Winnipeg we have the same sort of story floating around. It's about a family that puts on a haunted house out of an old, abandoned home they bought and the proceeds go to charity.
          Funny thing is, I've met people who claim to know people who have gone. They'll swear blind that it's real...

Comment

Adam,

That was pretty smart on your part... great job!

This story will NEVER end...

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

That's the great thing about urban legends - they never die because people won't stop talking about them.

I will say that this one seems to be much closer to those who talk about it than most. It's always a friend who claims to have gone to it. With most urban legends it's a college roommate's cousin's friend, or your aunt's next door neighbor's sister.

Comment

We should make up a non-existent city, give impossible-to-follow directions to the place . . . and see what happens.

Sarah
                Sarah Meier
                Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                "Words they remember you by"

Comment

What I don't understand is why no one has built this event. Really, a maze with some weird test to pass from level to level. Eat a cockroach or worms or something for one trial, in the US sing the Canadian National Anthem, or whatever and move on. It would seem you would have the word of mouth traffic almost instantly. Granted, I am not sure it would be all that great of a haunt... but, you would think someone would have given this one a go.....
                  http://www.innerfears.com/
                  http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

One of my actors last weekend was telling a few other actors about this haunt...he said he heard it was in Pittsburgh and it was 50 bucks and it's like a ton of floors and too scary and you get your money back if you make it all the way through...
                    I let them know it's a hoax. I even gave them the website snopes.com...
                    They were like "oh..."
                    My old boss in the late nineties kept talking about the same thing...in Pittsburgh...
                    hehehe...
                    Kirk Boemmel
                    Dark Ghost Manor
                    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

I get a few of those emails every year. I think there was the "Urban Legand" haunted house last year or the year before that tried to capitalize on this. I don't know if they are still around or not.

Comment

http://www.moneybackhauntedhouse.com/ (Detroit, MI)

Unfortunately this event doesn't really match the Urban Legend. It isn't multiple levels and you don't get your money back if you make it all the way through.

You get your money back if you find a hidden room in the maze, which I was told was about impossible to find, since it was hidden behind a latched door.
                        Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                        Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Originally posted by Haunted Illinois View Post

You get your money back if you find a hidden room in the maze, which I was told was about impossible to find, since it was hidden behind a latched door.
                          Oh man, that's not even fair, LOL!

Sarah
                          Sarah Meier

Comment

Adam, I went to the Web site for that "get your money back" haunt, but I don't see anywhere on the site where it explains about the hidden room.

Do customers have to go there first to find out what they have to do to get their money back?

Sarah
                            Sarah Meier

Comment

I teach makeup classes, and I always get participants insisting that these houses exist and often claim its a local venue that gives your money back when you make it all the way through (for some reason they keep naming Seven Floors of Hell and the Akron Schoolhouse and Laboratory).

When I mention that it's an urban myth and those haunts don't do that, they insist that their friends went the other night and got their money back or got $50 for making it all the way through.
                              Katie Lane
                              Partner/VP
                              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X