Paranormal Activity/Alternate Ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranormal Activity/Alternate Ending

I just watched the Paranormal Activity dvd with the alternate ending. Man, why they didn't use that ending in the theaters I'll never know, it was a shock. If you get the dvd watch the one that was not in the theaters, way better ending then the other , although it was good too.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

I finally saw it ... bought it and watched it. Personally I thought it was pretty good and scary! I think I liked the ending they actually had in the film better. I read that with Paramount bought this film it was with the intentions of re-shooting it as a REAL movie but Speilberg loved it so much he put Paramount up to releasing it as is... but Speilberg I guess came up with the films ending and they paid the director and actors to re-shoot the ending.

The ending we are seeing is not the films real ending because Paramount had them re-shoot!

All the same I really liked it and thought it was very good!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Mr. Speilberg.

For all of his incredible success, I was very amused by what he had to say on the commentary on the Godfather dvd.
      He said something to the effect that when he saw that movie that he felt as if he was much less talented (or something to that?) because Godfather worked so well as far as telling the story, keeping your intrest, ex cetra.
      A man with such a movie track record who can still be humbled!
      Maybe remaining slightly humble promotes a person to keep working hard mentally and physically?
      (Which I personally feel is a more positive attribute than just seeing how high you can stack big bags of money.)
      But then, what do I know? I can't even afford "The Bag".
      Small bags full of coins, that's me.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A person at work today told me that they watched it on the internet and that the ending had the cops shoot her, I wonder if thats the ending they redid?
        Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
        I finally saw it ... bought it and watched it. Personally I thought it was pretty good and scary! I think I liked the ending they actually had in the film better. I read that with Paramount bought this film it was with the intentions of re-shooting it as a REAL movie but Speilberg loved it so much he put Paramount up to releasing it as is... but Speilberg I guess came up with the films ending and they paid the director and actors to re-shoot the ending.

The ending we are seeing is not the films real ending because Paramount had them re-shoot!

All the same I really liked it and thought it was very good!

Larry

Comment

Rented it Saturday night...**SPOILER ALERT**

WOW...

I WILL say the movie was suspenseful, but the ending...BOTH endings...were a disappointment. I agree with Larry, the original ending was better than the "alternate" ending, however both weren't enough for me. The alternate was just weird...why would she just kill herself. I must've missed the part where the cops shot her in the first ending because after she screamed at the camera I fast-forwarded to look for my name cause the screen went to black so I thought it was over! hahaha...

Over the past few days I had been thinking about a few things. I noticed there was no music in the film, you know, the kind that builds the suspense and makes you really uneasy. Instead, every time the "demon" was present you could here a rumbling/growling noise. If Speilberg would've redone the film and added music I think that could've added to the OVER HYPE that was made for the film and at least made it a little worth watching. In my depth of thought, I realized it didn't have music because it was shot in a fashion that made the audience think they were watching actual footage...problem solved.

Second thing I noticed was the camera would skip between the actors and go from zoomed in to zoomed out. If Micah only had ONE camera, how were all these angles possible?

Those were about the only things I noticed about the film.
          O'Shawn McClendon
          Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

I think the movie that she got shot by the cops was never released and she killed herself because the demon made her do so, he wanted her from childhood.
            Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
            WOW...

I WILL say the movie was suspenseful, but the ending...BOTH endings...were a disappointment. I agree with Larry, the original ending was better than the "alternate" ending, however both weren't enough for me. The alternate was just weird...why would she just kill herself. I must've missed the part where the cops shot her in the first ending because after she screamed at the camera I fast-forwarded to look for my name cause the screen went to black so I thought it was over! hahaha...

Over the past few days I had been thinking about a few things. I noticed there was no music in the film, you know, the kind that builds the suspense and makes you really uneasy. Instead, every time the "demon" was present you could here a rumbling/growling noise. If Speilberg would've redone the film and added music I think that could've added to the OVER HYPE that was made for the film and at least made it a little worth watching. In my depth of thought, I realized it didn't have music because it was shot in a fashion that made the audience think they were watching actual footage...problem solved.

Second thing I noticed was the camera would skip between the actors and go from zoomed in to zoomed out. If Micah only had ONE camera, how were all these angles possible?

Those were about the only things I noticed about the film.

Comment

Personally I think its crap and I havent even seen it! Its just a bunch of HollyWood hype and bullshit! Normally I dont vent much if any on this board. Much less cuss but coming from being a paranormal investigator and being interested in ghosts and ghost hunting way before you ever heard of Taps ect. I think it sucks! I dont care to see it. Probably wont go see it. From what ive heard it sounds really stupid. Its too bad that Ryan Buel and Chad Chalik of PRS didnt get there movie American Ghost Hunter out before this crap! Thats the real deal not some hyped up wanna be Blair Witch Bullshit! Because it just makes a mockery of ghost hunting.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Are you sure you don't want to tell us what you realy think.lol.
                Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                Personally I think its crap and I havent even seen it! Its just a bunch of HollyWood hype and bullshit! Normally I dont vent much if any on this board. Much less cuss but coming from being a paranormal investigator and being interested in ghosts and ghost hunting way before you ever heard of Taps ect. I think it sucks! I dont care to see it. Probably wont go see it. From what ive heard it sounds really stupid. Its too bad that Ryan Buel and Chad Chalik of PRS didnt get there movie American Ghost Hunter out before this crap! Thats the real deal not some hyped up wanna be Blair Witch Bullshit! Because it just makes a mockery of ghost hunting.
                Damon

Comment

Ha ha! I think I did Something in the ice LOL! Oh well everyones entitled to an opinion right!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Ya, and I see your point about the Blair Witch, there have been a lot of movies that have used that format and it has been over done but I did like this movie.
                    Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                    Ha ha! I think I did Something in the ice LOL! Oh well everyones entitled to an opinion right!
                    Damon

Comment

Well I know its a little late to be reviewing this piece of crap movie. But I did say I wouldnt rent it much less buy this P.O.S dvd. This has to be the worst movie I have seen in years. I cant even remember when I have seen such a bad movie. A guy I know let me borrow it. He was like you have to check this out! Blah Blah Blah. And I said I already have heard about this crap but I will watch it. And I was right. Poor acting. Unoriginal ideas. I felt I was watching a bad episode of T.A.P.S This movie was pitiful. I cant believe it made the money it did!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                      X