New Forums are coming soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings~

Just took a look at the new layout.. and even as much of a "nobody" that I am here.. I do have to concur with the majority here that have responded ..

I looks TOO cluttered .... Ads yes are one thing ,,,, but to in a way condense what people are looking for and hit them with a bunch of ads .. sucks ..

Besides .. many people that MIGHT be "computer savvy" know how to "block" the ads, especially if they "get in the way", which would defeat the purpose of them any way.

I also agree keep the color scheme you planned, to match the main page, but leave the forums as a FULL PAGE to maximize content and also for ease of reading.

If you want ads, fine put them at the top and/or bottom, but don't sacrifice "real estate" for them.

There is only one or two forums that I frequent ( out of at least a dozen on a daily basis) that has done what you are planning and their attendance and frequency of post has dropped DRAMATICALLY since the upgrade. And I'm guessing mostly because of the amount of ads they have put on the site.

Just a "nobody's" Humble opinion.
    LoneWolf
    (Jeff)

Comment

Well, clutter is something HW.com is great at... I to have seen forums change to this "style" and can also attest to the drastic drop in post and post quality. I love hauntworld but the HAM forums are starting to look better more and more! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The HAM forums are terrible, very slow board, and you cant hit enter in your post. Im afraid If this board goes south someone will have to step up. But Ham will have an opportunity to do that if they fix a few things. I also hate how small the posting area is. Perhaps Larry will be magnanimous and only change the color scheme. Time will tell.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I don't have any problems with HAM's board... very fast and I CAN hit enter! hahahaha... IDK, hopefully John can fix it! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I have to agree Larry, please don't change them. People are creatures of habit and don't like change.:wink:

Comment

Well we are changing them for sure its how we do it is the question...

What do you think of this version?

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ums/?styleid=5

Is this better?

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It is different, I dont think its better than what we have now, just different. It is better than the last different one you posted though.
                Allen H
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

They both seem really squished together. What exactly is it about the current forums that has you wanting to go to such a condensed format?
                  Jared Layman

Comment

The new Fright Forum looks a lot better. It has a better design, looks more professional and is less crowded. I have no clue why people like the old forum over the new one. The new forum should be themed like the website is and that's what you have done. So I'm 100% for the new forum.
                    Spooky Wishes
                    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I like the current forums better but at least there are no ads on the side of the 2nd new design...however I would vote to keep them as they are now.

Tom

www.HauntedOverload.com
                      www.HauntedOverload.com

Comment

Will the "New" link return to these forums? It was so nice and easy just to click on "New" and see everything that was a new post or reply since I have last checked instead of going to each individual section... Thanks!
                        Bill Rod.
                        Dark Tech Effects
                        Automated DMX Lighting
                        Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

New forum

If you HAVE to change the forum look, I like this proposed design. The graffics are definately up to speed which I really like and you must like that as well. But the key thing is for the users, its still very functional and NOT cluttered with other adds!!! Looks good!
                          Kelly Anderson
                          Owner- Halloween Undercroft
                          http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
                          Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

I like the new one larry. It looks good to me.
                            Greg
                            Fearfest
                            Greg Allen
                            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Working...
                            X