Help with Christmas Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Christmas Parade

OK so we are entering our local Christmas Parade as Graystone Haunted Manor. I have a few ideas as to the design of the float but I would like suggestions from everyone here. You all are so creative that I wanted to touch base here before finalizing the design. Any suggestion will be welcome. We live in Longview Texas and I want to make sure our float will not offend anyone. The chamber has welcomed us with open arms and they are excited about our entry. OK so lets hear the ideas!

Thanks loads!

Sue
    Last edited by terrormasue; 11-20-2011, 07:40 AM.
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Zombie island of misfit toys...just saying. Lol.

Comment

Full tilt Halloween! Jack o lanterns, corn field, scare crows, black cats , grave yard, Sheet ghosts- all your actors throw out candy and have "Occupy Christmas" picket signs, and some that say Bring back Halloween! What is the date of the parade?
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

The best Christmas horror story ever told.

I would base it on the best Christmas horror story ever told, Charles Dickens classic Christmas Carol. Have the Ghost of Christmas Future and a Scrooge standing over the grave of Scrooge. The scene where Jacob Marley visits Scrooge would work. I think that would be the best conservative way to bridge the gap of a haunted house and Christmas. Less conservative would be an evil looking Santa on his sleigh being pulled by evil reindeer skeletons with red eyes. Whatever you do please post the photos. I would love to see what you did.

Good Luck,
        Robert Travis
        Scenic Art Productions
        (904) 505-7979
        ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM
        Last edited by Scenic Art Productions; 11-19-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

AGREE with Allen!!!! The occupy christmas signs is an awesome idea.
          Bart Butler
          HobNob Productions
          http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

What???

What??? I think Santa's sled being pulled by evil reindeer skeletons with red eyes is way cooler? :lol:

Robert Travis
            Scenic Art Productions
            ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM

Comment

I saved this picture for 2 years because I thought it was pretty cool and easy to make. Not too scary for the little ones if this character passed out candy.parade days.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic Art Productions View Post
                I would base it on the best Christmas horror story ever told, Charles Dickens classic Christmas Carol. Have the Ghost of Christmas Future and a Scrooge standing over the grave of Scrooge. The scene where Jacob Marley visits Scrooge would work. I think that would be the best conservative way to bridge the gap of a haunted house and Christmas.

This is my favorite idea it really is the perfect and respectable way to bridge the gap. It's about Christmas in this parade not Halloween, so by paying homage to Christmas and adding your horror flair to an existing classic story that happens to include scary characters, it's the perfect scenario!

Good luck and post pics if you can!

DA
                Last edited by Darkangel; 11-20-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

WOW great ideas. Thanks loads. The parade is on Dec.1st, Thursday night. I know, Thursday and not a Friday or Saturday night, weird. They will not let us throw candy or pass out candy or flyers or anything. They do not want anyone running toward the floats for safety reasons. This is what I have already. A fake fireplace with a mantle, lots of tomb stones, and old vistorian couch, portable cemetery fence, a large 4 ft flame that's plug in, old trees that I can secure to the float, several full size coffins, the ones I made a few years ago. I think we have time to make a bunch of stuff too. The float will sit on a 7 ft. X 16 ft. trailer, I think we will have room for several scenes. I will post pics for sure. Keep those ideas coming! All of them are great so far. Thanks again.

Sue
                  http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Elaborate Ideas Here.

But then it is fun to tickle the brain once and a while.
                    A Santa sleigh that upon closer examination is a coffin laid over. Reindeer? no they are 8 large credit cards harnessed up, pulling the "sleigh" Down into the ground.
                    Dam! reality SUCKS!
                    I have never figured out why they placed such a holiday in the winter when so many expenses go up and up (Those nasty "Just to Normally Live" expenses)
                    "WHAT!? You think you need electricty, water AND FOOD?"
                    Only TWO out of Three, now pick the two you REALLY WANT!
                    Maybe those Reindeer Credit cards should be circled closely around Santa as they rip apart and fight over his entrails?
                    Merry Christmas and Fear the New Year.

All in the gruesome haunting Spirit.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Christmass date?

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                      But then it is fun to tickle the brain once and a while.
                      A Santa sleigh that upon closer examination is a coffin laid over. Reindeer? no they are 8 large credit cards harnessed up, pulling the "sleigh" Down into the ground.
                      Dam! reality SUCKS!
                      I have never figured out why they placed such a holiday in the winter when so many expenses go up and up (Those nasty "Just to Normally Live" expenses)

All in the gruesome haunting Spirit.
                      Well mabey it has to do with the birth of someone just a guess as why they have it on that day. Or did you forget what it is about?

Shawn

Comment

Well said Shawn!

DA

Comment

Monsters with Santa hats waiving. Why Mommy? Why?
                          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

We've tossed around a "Nightmare before Christmas" float. It's showcase our talents and still be a cool mixture of Halloween and Christmas
                            Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Our first float year before last was dark and we had our characters handing out candy to the crowd, last year because of that they wasn't going to let us in. So we did the Nightmare Before Christmas village with Jack and we all road in the float and won a first place trophy.016.jpg009.jpg006.jpg008.jpg001.jpg
                              Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Working...
                              X