Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    replied
    Trying to get the issue to the printer on Tuesday. We added another article this time from House of the Dead ... they did a how to article. All coming soon! The magazine looks to be around 70 pages or so... lots of great stuff. Get a subscription today at

www.HauntedHousemagazine.com

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is an update... its going to the printer on FRIDAY! We are trying to get some last minute ads and trying to finish one more featured article. This will be getting printed next week and be in the mailbox. Here is another image from the magazine...

Get your subscriptions at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com

Larry
    darkness_1_2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Update cover... I was away all lat week I was in Atlanta, Orlando and everywhere between. Now I'm back to work on The Darkness and get this magazine right here out the door! Larry
    hw35_mag_cover_72.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Yes our friends from Atrox will be in this issue... their article looks badass probably the best one I've seen!

Brainstorm is getting to good at laying out these pages.

I wanted to mention all the articles are finalized now... there is an article on how to create corn mazes, an article from Allen Hopps, five featured haunt articles, and I wrote two articles one about how you track web traffic and the other one the letter from the editor is more or less an article as well about three reasons your attendance may be going up or down.

Jam packed issue.

You can get a subscription at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com

We have an issue coming out in January - March and June. atrox_factory_1_2.jpg

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Couple more images from the new magazine... it will release sometime in January. Get a subscription now www.hauntedhousemagazine.com

Also I wanted to say here and now that the new hauntworld profiles for your haunted attractions is COMING SOON! It looks awesome!

I will update some images!

Larry
    corn_maze_challenges_1_2.jpghex_house_1_2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Deathwing
    replied
    Cool cover there Larry.

Jake

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    This is probably the best cover we've EVER DONE! What do you think? We are working away! This is the girl from one of our CGI Shoots!

Larry
    01 hw35_mag_cover_proof3small.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    We are working on the cover and the first articles are being organized right now... we are about to make the biggest push ever for new subscribers with a massive 5000 piece mailing to haunt owners, pumpkin patchs and more.

We just got some great news we are doing a big feature story on the new year around haunt in Orlando. More coming soon! We are hoping to ship in January. If you don't have a subscription get one now at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I totally agree with u in fact we've been doing a lot more of it ourselves and during our haunt tour at transworld we will really focus on this. So sure thing.

We are currently looking for haunts who want to be featured.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• Novus
    replied
    I'm not sure if you've written about this recently, but how about an article on queue line entertainment? I feel like more haunted attractions are starting to realize the value of entertaining crowds from the moment they drive onto the parking lot until the moment they drive away. Also... having great actors interact with audiences as they're waiting for 1...2... even 3 or more hours can really help build up suspense for the attraction or at the very least take a customer's mind off of the amount of time it takes to stand in line. The article can even focus on how some of the top attractions theme their queue lines.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I love all the idea's keep them coming... some really good ones!!! If someone is interested in having their haunted house featured call Patti 314 629 3940

Larry

Leave a comment:

• Dark Tiki Studios
    replied
    Originally posted by Abunai View Post
    I'd like to see an article with suggestions from successful pro-haunters on finding/renting/buying/leasing a good haunt location or facility.
    What to look for.
    What to avoid.
    Good point and bad point comparisons between renting/buying, trailer haunt, tent, fabric structure, existing structure.
    Suggestions on selling a landlord on the idea of a haunted house?

There are a lot of aspects on which this type of article could focus.
    I totally agree. Plus maybe there could be a real estate agent in the mix, to give us perspective from "the other side" of the equation.

Leave a comment:

• SheerTerror
    replied
    Show a little love...

...to some home haunts? I think it would be neat to see a home haunt or two up in there with the pros. Maybe a page or two article. Just an idea.

Leave a comment:

• Abunai
    replied
    Article Suggestion

I'd like to see an article with suggestions from successful pro-haunters on finding/renting/buying/leasing a good haunt location or facility.
    What to look for.
    What to avoid.
    Good point and bad point comparisons between renting/buying, trailer haunt, tent, fabric structure, existing structure.
    Suggestions on selling a landlord on the idea of a haunted house?

There are a lot of aspects on which this type of article could focus.

Leave a comment:

• Deathwing
    replied
    I'd like to see more on set detail, and scare tactics.

Jake

Leave a comment:

Working...
X