No announcement yet.

coating styrofoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are always many costly solutions out there BUT the best solution on a budget is Durham's Water Putty, http://www.waterputty.com/ available at any Home Depot or Lowe's for a few dollars. It comes as a powder and when mixed with water can be painted on - gotta work fast - and dries to a hard thin coat. It won't hold up to a hammer, but it will prevent chipping and random bump/knock/weather damage. If you want to get fancy it can be mixed with latex paint. It still protects the foam but is a little less rigid, more like a rubberized film. I used it for years on headstones, walls and other foam props. Recently I started doing props for feature films in addition to a 20,000 sq. ft. haunt and graduated to sprayed resin (that's another very interesting story:haunt leads to film, leads to National Geographic Explorer, leads to national magazine, leads to another film - details when I get time). Durham's also works in molds and a myriad of other uses - limited only by imagination. Cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
    X