Some help please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help please..

Could not find a talking boris but have found out how to modify a bucky skull with a talking fur. What I want to do is have a live voice come from the skull so it will communicate with the visitors. SO, I need a mic, some tyoe of amp and a speaker in the skull. The question is how how to change the voice to make it errie, scary, monsterous, whatever. I don't want to run it through a computer and the voice changers I've seen advertised are for phones. It has to exist, I just don't know what its called or where to get it. BTW, is wireless an option ?: Does what I want already exist?

Thanks

How about?

For wireless one of those walky talky family cell phone things? The audio triggers the mouth movement and the voice changer can be a cheap $7 thing on the talking end of the phone. I know there are pro voice changers for phones in security catalogs (for whistle blower phone calls) Hello, this is your Aunt Ruth calling...

Duz the fur activate movement by sound? This actually should be a Radio Shack thing, a little circuit for turning on and off voice recorders.

Overall, ventriloquism is so much cheaper. Just throw your voice. Don't move your lips. You only have 3 months to get really good!
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Yes, go into Radio Shack and DEMAND sock puppet technology!
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I would love to be able to spend 1200.00 on an animated skull but thats more than I get on my retirement check. I do this for the kids in the neighborhood, one night a year. When you don't have a puppet, a sock puppet is better than none.
        Sorry to have bothered you, I'll look else where.

Comment

Most kids would be fascinated by a sock puppet talking as your retirement money dribbled out of it's sock hiding place.
          "Money" Talks.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Get a wireless microphone and connect an effects processor between the mic and your amplifier. I have one of these and it works good (There's even a preset called "Monster"), but you can go up or down on fanciness depending on your budget:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digitech-Vocal-3...QQcmdZViewItem
            (not my auction)
            Motors and skulls:
            http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Comment

Working...
              X