Foreign made Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix,

Yeah, that worries me a lot. We have become accustomed to the Chinese crap that is everywhere these days and look down on them for it. As much as they dominate our economy now I hate to think what it will be like 10 years from now when they figure out that cheap isn't always what the customer wants.

Comment

I really don't know this for sure, but for every 100 items coming here from China, how many of them were built to specifications given to them by our designers from right here in the old USA?
      Would Chinese people just begin whipping out all sorts of items not knowing what our fads, fashions, desires are ?
      I think not in most cases. The most inexpensive products in the world are just landfill if nobody wants them.
      There are plenty of people right here who contribute heavilly to helping the Chinese workers remain very busy creating products that they and our own business people WILL be making a profit on.
      I might have read once that most Japanese cars are actually designed by our citizens.(as far as the body design goes.)
      We just all have to learn how to live on $1,200 a year as do most Chinese are rumored to do.
      The budget: Rent-live in a log cabin(you made yourself)
      Food- Have your own garden and go hunting in the woods everyday
      for meat.
      Electricty-"What's That?"
      Car- "?"
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I agree,

when we take an order we are hired / contracted to finish a job by a certain time.... we have a deadline. If we dont finish the job by the deadline there should be a penalty for us as a vendor. If the vendors want to make a "gaurantee" as allot of them have these days.... they should offer the product by the deadline and if the product doesnt arrive it will be severely discounted.

We all know theres a markup on these items, a "gaurantee" is just a word untill you put some sort of a penalty behind it.

Haunters have been paying the penalty for shotty business, why should the customer pay for the error of the company producing the product especially when the product had been ordered in advance by one year?

As far as the inferior parts and products, we all have bought something cheap at local tool stores, dollar stores, etc. allot of these items are built overseas or in mexico hell, some are made right here in the U.S. Some are decent deals and some are just junk, ( i.e. ultimate Christmas present "The Ratchet Screwdriver - yellow and black? yeah Ive got one too") LMFAO.... Anyways we pay the penalety and learn not to by them again. Thats all we can do, theres no way you can put a ban on junk....they will just slip through the cracks and invade our wallets. We will simply grit our teeth and try to remember that it is junk and we wont buy it again.

My theory,

A good deal is always out there - we all are looking for it whether its polyfoam or silicone to build our props or you buying the prop itself. I am always looking for a better deal on suppliers so I can offer my stuff at lower prices.

Sometimes, a better deal means you just saved allot of money on a good quality product. Sometimes it means you have just learned a lesson and you wont buy from that company again. I believe if a company sells junk they will go under sooner or later.

( I remember when I learned the word HOT, I burnt the shat out of my fingers at the age of 5. Later down the road I met a girl - all the guys said she was HOT....even though HOT burnt the shat out of my fingers at the young age of 5 I simply couldnt keep my hands off her HMMMMmmm..... could a vendor selling something cheaper mean the same thing??? Sit and ponder with me wont you ?? )
        Last edited by maliciousstudios; 08-15-2008, 05:38 AM.
        "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
        www.maliciousstudios.com
        "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
        http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I just cant believe

What I just read!!!!!Maliciousstudios I am amazed at what you said in your post. This is the first time I have seen a vendor talk like this. What do you make? Do you have a website? I for one will be spending dollars with you if you have something I can use!!!!!!! My hats off to you! This is what Shane has been preaching for years at shows months here on Larrys site. Brother lets hope that all vendors will follow your lead!!! Shane and its I am still in shock Shane this time.
          Last edited by graystone; 08-15-2008, 08:36 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm a vender now!
            I'm selling US American made $5.00 bills for only $10.00!
            Get them before supplies run out!
            Add $4.00 for shipping and mis-handling.
            thank you
            We will NOT be undersold!
            In business since...60 seconds ago!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Once again I am confused at what he just said.... insanity thats why I like him....LMFAO at Jim.... hmmmm...mmmkay....
              "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
              www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

We are a new prop company, well new to the haunted house industry.... we are trying to tap into your juggulars without spilling too much blood. Yes we do have a website, its almost done. We will be spreading the horror soon..... you may find us at www.maliciousstudios.com and we wont be selling $5.00 bills I will leave that up to Jim, I think thats beyond my capabilities..... we are just prop builders here.

Malicious Studios
                www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                X