No announcement yet.

Drag Me To Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Kevin Williamson created Scream.
    Wes Craven just directed it.
    I get what you're saying about all the 'Scream-esque' movies that followed.
    Just like the Ring created more Ring-esque movies.
    Once something works they beat it to death.
    Heck, after Resident Evil just about every horror movie used a ghostly little girl in it. I actually said to a friend, "If this freakin' movie has a ghostly little girl, I'm leaving." when I went to different horror flicks...lol.

Kirk
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Ok just got back from....

Seeing Drag Me To Hell. Well..... LOL its not the worst movie I have ever seen but then again its safe to say I want be buying the DVD. I think it was a little to....... ummmmmm....... shoot I guess the word would be silly for a true horror movie. I think they tried to beef it up with the loud music but it did not help. On the 1 to 10 scale I give it a 4! Shane and its oh hell just go see it there is worse out there! Shane this time.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm assuming the people who are giving bad reviews of Drag Me To Hell aren't Evil Dead Fans or Army of Darkness fans. What were people expecting? They knew Sam Raimi was the director and how He is over the top with his movies. Personally I loved the movie and it's been getting great reviews all over the internet. Like I said before the trailer for the movie is terrible. It makes the movie appear as if it's going to be insanely frightening. It has its moments here and there, but just like the Evil Dead Trilogy it's mostly slap stick. This is a fun horror movie plain and simple and if you got bored with it then lighten up.

There are way too many horror movies that take themselves way too seriously. Drag Me To Hell is a breath of fresh air. Its scenes remind me of Dead Alive in how they are funny and disgusting at the same time. Does anyone remember that movie? It's one of the goriest horror movies of all time.
        Spooky Wishes
        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Noah

As far as myself like I said there is worse out there but I assure you it will be safe to say that it want be a huge money maker. I noticed I went to the 7:30 showing and there were still tons of seats left. Also I would bet its safe to say there want be a #2 Drag Me To Hell. Shane and its did anyone else notice lots of empty seats? Shane this time.
          sigpic

Comment

Jolly-Dead Alive! Now you're talking! The Unrated is the only way to go there (I've seen both and the R rated one sucks!).
            Also Peter Jackson of Lord of the Ring fame. Can't go wrong there!

I'm a big Evil Dead fan so Drag Me To Hell should be right up my alley.
            Heck, Raimi did a little bit of Evil Dead type stuff in Spiderman 2 with the operation scene od Doc Ock when his robotic arms went nuts...that's the Raimi stuff I like!
            I read something I think it was about Raimi yesterday saying that If you have a monsters eye pop out you have to put it in your actress' mouth...lol

Kirk
            Kirk Boemmel
            Dark Ghost Manor
            www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the unrated version is the only way to go. Dead Alive has to be the goriest movie I've ever seen. Everyone seems to forget that Peter Jackson did some over the top horror movies way before Lord of The Rings. I guess people want to forget about those movies, but I don't. Peter Jackson's best movie is Heavenly Creatures.
              Spooky Wishes
              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Pumpkin View Post
                I'm assuming the people who are giving bad reviews of Drag Me To Hell aren't Evil Dead Fans or Army of Darkness fans. What were people expecting? They knew Sam Raimi was the director and how He is over the top with his movies. Personally I loved the movie and it's been getting great reviews all over the internet. Like I said before the trailer for the movie is terrible. It makes the movie appear as if it's going to be insanely frightening. It has its moments here and there, but just like the Evil Dead Trilogy it's mostly slap stick. This is a fun horror movie plain and simple and if you got bored with it then lighten up.

There are way too many horror movies that take themselves way too seriously. Drag Me To Hell is a breath of fresh air. Its scenes remind me of Dead Alive in how they are funny and disgusting at the same time. Does anyone remember that movie? It's one of the goriest horror movies of all time.
                Is Dead Alive the Peter Jackson movie about the guy kidnapping the monkey?
                Jared Layman

Comment

Ok you answered that before I even posted the question.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Rotten tomatoes says...

94% fresh with 138 reviews. I usually agree with them but not always. I am not an evil dead fan so I may not like this movie if it is similar.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                    X