Transworld Seminars 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Seminars 2017

Who do you want to hear speak? What topics are you interested in? I'm helping Transworld get some info together on this. Speak away!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I put in my speaker request form...haven't heard anything back. Mostly talking about marketing and digital marketing. Worked on a few HUGE campaigns this past year with Canon cameras, Major League Baseball/ESPN, Nathan's Hotdogs...and a few other extremely high-profile campaigns. I feel like I could really share some insights into the digital marketing realm and how haunts can move their brands into the future.

Larry, are you speaking at all? You should host one on selling online tickets, timed ticketing, and setting up ticketing for digital conversion tracking, etc. That'd be a great class for haunters to take!

-Tyler
    Digital Marketing Manager at Fearworm Hauntvertising.

Celebrating 14 years of "haunting".

Comment

Personally I'd like to see more seminars helping us grow our business. To often you attend these seminars and every single one is about scaring people. Would be a welcome change to discuss more topic which help us create additionally revenue. Wide open to that idea.

Comment

Tw 2018

I'm assuming we are talking about 2018! LOL!
        I agree...you have a seminar that has "scare" in the title, it's standing room only. Something important to running or building your business....it's a ghost town (pun intended)

What's weird is that when haunt people get together to network no conversation starts with " what new cool scare did anyone build?" Conversation is usually, "how were your ticket sales?... What did you do for social media? ... What problems did you have with YOUR fire marshall?"

These are the questions you all have, so REQUEST And GO to seminars that answer your questions!!!

I Remember Larry rented a room, pitched the idea of utilizing the internet... created Hauntworld... told us how this would change the industry, how EVERYONE would need a website! Many just laughed and put money back into their news paper ads and radio!!! BOY HAVE TIMES CHANGED!

We need to be forward thinking like Larry has been, a scare is a scare, if you can't figure it out, but a new prop! If no one comes through your door... YOU DON'T PLAY ANYMORE!

Social media, on line tickets, times tickets, geo fencing, promotion, web site trends ....everything is changing on a daily basis. Either you stay ahead or fall behind..... your choice!

(Hey Larry, that internet thing seems to have worked out!!!)
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Classes

There are a lot of folks on social media curious about show centralization - ways to control all your sounds and lighting from one location / tablet etc. I know I've been researching it quite a bit, but it'd be nice to talk to an expert in the field. That is something I haven't seen before at TW either.

Comment

There is going to be a lot of digital marketing seminars to help people learn how to do this yourself.

Overall the seminars are going to be the best ever to help your business grow!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

the challenge of chargebacks

Here is one. Id like to see a seminar, or at least a part of it, covered on how to effectively handle chargebacks. There has to be a better way to fight these and win. It seems all the crooks steal credit cards and buy tickets to my show. Right. I win most of those as long as the billing address isnt out of state. Somehow the bank think if it's an out of state billing address, they could never have attended. But, when I DO win the "fraudulent transaction" chargeback, as soon as they re-fight it and it goes into arbitration, they guarantee win it. I just lost a $1,000 transaction in arbitration and im pissed. I provided every bit of info including AVS match, IP address, copy of the scanned tickets, and still this prick won. The fact is, if every last one of our guests filed a chargeback, we would have very little income, that's how scary the chargeback process is for business owners. Anyway, I refuse to believe it's hit or miss. There have to be ways to improve the likelyhood of being able to keep our money. Im sure once in a blue moon someone gets their card stolen. But the amount of chargebacks I see is such that there is no doubt that people have a nice scam going and its something that needs to be stopped. The ticketing company will tell you to check crecit cards and ID at the gate. I dont know that this works in all cases. I used to have this on my online ticketing and then the emails started flooding in about people receiving the tickets as a gift, or the parents buying the tickets for them and not having access to the credit card, so much so that it wasn't worth keeping the policy. So if anyone has this facet of the business really worked out, Id love to hear about it. The more business you do online, the more chargebacks you are going to get, I guarantee it.

Rich

Comment

Chargebacks are an issue. Great idea. Personally I'd like to see someone from Facebook give a seminar on setting up the ads manager.

Comment

Who looked thru the seminar list? Is it just me or are we looking at the same old group that always speaks? Last year we did the seminars sadly most of the seminars are infomercials. Can anyone give some tips on speakers or seminars to consider this year? Brad

Comment

Seminars 2018

I’m teaching a leadership and safety class called COMMAND AND CONTROL OF YOUR HAUNTED ATTRACTION. I will show you how to manage an event effectively, prepare for your fire inspection, and prepare for emergencies. I’m not selling anything so maybe this will help you out Brad.
                    Capt.Chaos
                    Fear Asylum Haunted House
                    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Chargebacks is something you deal with I don't think a seminar can help. You could probably read up about it online. I'll give you a few suggestions. DO NOT ACCEPT AMEX. AMEX almost always sides with the customer. We stopped taking AMEX with the haunted house and guess what... sales didn't go down but chargebacks did.

If you work with SQUARE for running cards in your box office they cover all charge backs.

Make sure you respond back to each dispute and typically they side with you.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Working...
                      X