America's Top 13 Scariest biggest and best Haunted Houses 2017
HAUNTED NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Click Here to Join: www.facebook.com/hauntworldscariesthauntedhousesattractions
This article Hauntworld will rate the best and scariest haunted houses in America 2017.
This article Hauntworld will rate the best and scariest haunted houses, Halloween attractions, haunted hayrides, screampark, most extreme haunted houses, biggest and longest haunted attractions and even the SCARIEST horror movies to watch in 2017. Which haunts have the scariest actors, or features the most extreme screams in 2017. We rate them all! Every year we our main article is the top 13 scariest haunted houses in America but this year we are featuring the 31 scary haunted attractions for the year 2017.
1. Netherworld - Atlanta, Georgia - www.fearworld.com: HAUNTWORLD.com is excited to announce its #1 pick for 2017 - Netherworld Haunted House! For decades, this intense and innovative haunted attraction has remained one of the most popular and famous Halloween events in the nation, renowned for its over the top production value and amazing actors. Netherworld was one of the first haunts to create unique themes and populate the attraction with original monsters and special effects that can be found nowhere else. Guests are immersed in the Halloween experience from the moment they arrive as massive creatures, sliders and other roaming characters pull them into the frightful fun! The haunts are all out sensory overload as flying stunt actors, hundreds of special effects, massive puppets and breathtaking sets leave patrons screaming in terror and filled with a sense of awe at the spectacle they have experienced. Now is your last chance to see the Legendary Netherworld Haunted House in its current location before it moves to a massive new facility in the shadow of Stone Mountain, the most popular tourist destination in the state of Georgia.
This season features Primal Scream, an all out war as nature seeks savage vengeance against both mankind and the Netherworld for the evils both have unleashed on the planet! Then in the dark basement, Mr. Grendel's Funhouse of Horrors in 3D rolls into town...it's a twisted clown fueled nightmare as ancient fiends disguised as clowns seek human flesh! Don't miss this final high octane blast of horror, the last chapter of NETHERWORLD in Norcross! Get tickets now at www.Fearworld.com Also new for Netherworld in 2017 is the introduction of their new Escape Games located at Netherworld's future Stone Mountain location, they are open and booking now. With game themes like Sasquatch, Nosferatu and Haunted, you can safely expect the same high level of detail and fun that Netherworld has been serving up at their haunted houses for over 20 years. Visit the website at www.ESCAPETHENETHERWORLD.com to learn more.
2. The 13th Gate - Baton Rouge, Louisiana - www.13thgate.com: The 13th Gate is one of the most extremely realistic haunts in the country. The artists behind the massive dark attraction are experts at blurring the lines between horror and reality, and guests frequently wonder between screams whether what they are experiencing is real or not. The Attraction’s level of detail, set design, and effects combined with their impressive actors and incredible makeup effects can only be compared to a Hollywood Horror movie. The attraction features a real snake-infested Louisiana Swamp, nightly voodoo shows, claustrophobic cellars, hidden subterranean passages and even a prehistoric ice cave all seamlessly woven together and nothing short of masterful. The haunted house is constantly changing and growing from year to year so guests never know what to expect around the next terrifying corner. If that wasn’t enough, adjacent to the 13th Gate is their secondary attraction, Necropolis Haunted Cemetery. This 40,000 sq. ft. outdoor New Orleans style cemetery has over 400 zombie-infested crypts and mausoleums that guests must explore. Upon entering the attraction, visitors are sent 13 steps down an open grave into dark underground catacombs where they must find an alternate escape up and out into the graveyard where the terror continues! 13th Gate Haunted House is one of the Scariest, most elaborate haunted houses in the country.
The 13th Gate is one of the Scariest, Most Elaborate Haunted Attractions in the Country! www.13thGate.com
Also located next door is 13th Gate Escape, Louisiana’s Ultimate Escape games. Featuring some of the most detailed escape games in the country, 13th Gate Escape is open year round, 7 days a week. www.13thGateEscape.com
3. The Dent Schoolhouse - Cincinnati, Ohio - www.frightsite.com: The Dent Schoolhouse is one of the tightest themed haunted houses in the nation. Taking place in an actual haunted schoolhouse from the 1800's, the schoolhouse follows the legend of its murderous janitor. Detailed to the max, each scene is right out the 1950's and looks just like a horror movie. The attraction has been featured on BuzzFeed, E!, Travel Channel, HGTV, Skin Wars and many others. The Dent Schoolhouse is full of state of the art animatronics that make each scene better than the next! For 2017 the scenic crew made over 4,000 skulls to make a massive catacomb that ends with a 14 foot tall monster. The attraction's theme also is taking place during a vintage Halloween. Carved out human faces, 150 + carved light pumpkins, and an old trick-or-treat stage show greets guests before they get into the attraction. Plus, over 20 clowns pack into the school’s gymnasium to give you a “fun” festival that you will never forget.
4. Erebus - Pontiac, Michigan - www.hauntedpontiac.com: Erebus is the result of Dr. Colber who worked for the government to build a time machine. After leaving the government, he worked on the time machine on his own. Successful at sending people back into time, with the only one glitch the time period looked at the people like a virus and wiped them out. Determined to over come this glitch he sent in group after group of his own personnel. Unsuccessful, he ended up broke and lacking the proper personnel to run his machine. Dr. Colber came up with a brilliant idea to disguise his time machine as a haunted house and have the general public help fund his project and use the people going through as human guinea pigs.
• Over 1/2 mile walk inside the building as things grab you, bite you, land on top of you, and then we will bury you alive.
• On average over 500 people chicken out and 75 people wet themselves (confirmed wettings by managers) per year.
• Beaumont Doctors did a study here on fear and concluded that going through Erebus was like a aerobic work out for your heart.
• Looking to have some fun without fear! Check out Erebus Escape - Your Premium Escape Room Destination!
Located just 6 blocks north of Erebus Haunted Attraction in Downtown Pontiac, MI. erebusescape.com #funwithoutfear
5. Headless Horseman’s Hayrides and Haunted Houses - Ulster Park, New York - www.headlesshorseman.com: Stampeding into its 25th season - Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses is a force to be feared! “A New York Nightmare!”
New for 2017:
The Resurrection is an evil 65-acre event located in the historic haunted Hudson Valley, includes a one mile hayride filled with 25 years of dead and living villians, monsters, and creatures returning to terrorize you, and a 4 acre corn maze. Haunted Houses include: The Lunar Motel – We Await Your Arrival; The Dark Chapel, a 32-foot tall entrance to the Horseman’s Tomb – Say your Prayers; Dr. Dark’s Side Show; in addition to five other attractions: Glutton’s Diner and Slaughterhouse, Dark Harvest Cornmaze, Nightshade Nursery & Greenhouse, The Feeding, and Two Raven’s Manor, as well as a magic illusion show nightly. Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses continually evolves with unique monsters, amazing illusions, stunning special FX, original costumes, makeup, frightening animations, and artistic detail created by our sister company American Made Monster Studios. Only the strong will survive the intense encounters with the infamous Headless Horseman.
The attraction also includes line actors, four themed gift shops: Magic Moon Gift Shop, Scare Ware, Fear Gear, Phantom Photo, and five food concessions: Evil Eatery, Witch Hazels, Croaked Crow, The Coffee Cauldron, and Deadly Donuts. We employ over 350 actors and staff trained to provide a memorable and enjoyable evening for the whole family.
We pride our self on professionalism and detail that sets us apart from the rest.
In addition, the creators of Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses are proud to present "Headless Horseman Escape Rooms", a real-life escape experience - a first for the Historic Hudson Valley.
Visit us at: headlesshorseman.com and headlesshorsemanescaperooms.com
6. Haunted Overload - Lee, New Hampshire - www.hauntedoverload.com: Haunted Overload has that name for a reason. Over-the-top gigantic, original set designs propel this haunt into a class of its own. Described as The Ultimate Halloween Experience, Haunted Overload seeks to give its loyal fans an all-out assault on their senses. Immersing them in a traditional Halloween themed environment like no other. Hundreds of hand carved Jack-O-Lanterns light the way through massive looming faces and creatures—and that's just the queue! Patrons will encounter terror around every twist in the wooded trail. Intense sound, professional actors, mind-blowing costumes, creative lighting and dense fog all come together in the New England forest to make it an unforgettable experience. Haunted Overload can be found every year on various best haunts lists both nationally and internationally and won the grand prize on The Great Halloween Fright Fight on ABC. At the end of the 2014 season, they hosted guests from the entire haunt industry on the Legendary Haunt Tour. It has been featured on the Weather Channel, NH Chronicle, Haunters The Movie, and even an upcoming coffee table book titled HAUNT. Every year the dedicated Haunted Overload crew works tirelessly to improve the experience and takes each added scene to unimagined new heights—literally as well as figuratively. Scenes like the Victorian-themed Abaddon Hall and giant Sinister Circus stun patrons with their detail. Many surprises await fans for Haunted Overload's 10th year of fear anniversary this season. Haunted Overload is partnered with the Cocheco Valley Humane Society and gives a percentage of its proceeds to help local animals. It’s located at DeMeritt Hill Farm, a traditional stop for apple picking, blueberries, pumpkins and home-made goodies from the farm store. The farm also offers seasonal holiday hayrides and classes.
New for 2017 at Nashville Nightmare: Phantoms and Reformatory Haunted Attractions. All new concessions and beer sales areas. Extended outside clown maze. Brand new indoor ticket booths. All new grand entryway into the park!!! Opening date is September 15th!
8. Bennett's Curse - Baltimore, Maryland - www.bennettscurse.com: The legendary Bennett's Curse is back in 2017 with our most terrifying show to date! We are proud to introduce Bennett's Curse ULTIMATE FEAR EXPERIENCE! With an even greater focus on fear, you will NOT find a SCARIER haunted house anywhere around. From asylum patients to classic monsters and everything in between the ULTIMATE FEAR EXPERIENCE will offer everything you've come to expect from Maryland/DC's #1 Halloween Attraction, and a whole lot more!! We've taken our best scares and best scenes along with our scariest monsters while adding many amazing new surprises all combining to unleash pure terror on all those brave enough to visit. Visit us at our all new temporary location at 7875A Eastpoint Mall in Baltimore County, MD next to Shoppers World and take advantage of our new dynamic pricing for an amazing value to enter one of America's best Haunts!
9. The Darkness - St. Louis, Missouri - www.scarefest.com: The Darkness haunted house is considered one of if not the single best haunted attraction in America by the industry itself. The Darkness is a true factory of nightmares! The Darkness features several attractions in one location including Zombie Laser Tag, Silo-X Zombie Haunted Experience, 3 Minute Horror themed Escape Room, Outdoor Scream Zones, St Louis Escape Rooms, Monster Museums and so much more. The Darkness is located downtown St Louis spanning over 50,000 SCREAMING FEET of SHEER TERROR! The Darkness holds the record for the most animated fx in the entire industry including multi motion animation, digital video fx, and scary animations. The Darkness also features over 100 zombies, monsters, demons and creatures that go bump in the night. The Darkness has been featured on multiple reality shows, television haunt specials ranging from Shipping Wars, Myth Busters, Modern Marvels to featured articles in USA Today. Your worst fears lurk inside The Darkness haunted house.
10. Field Of Screams - Mountville, Pennsylvania - www.fieldofscreams.com: Field of Screams is one of the scariest haunted scream parks in America located Lancaster County PA. Terrorizing over one million victims to date, Field of Screams is celebrating 25 YEARS OF FEAR in 2017! Field of Screams was voted #1 by USA TODAY, featured on the Travel Channel and the Howard Stern Show, and written about in Time Magazine and Newsweek. Boasting 4 Impressive Attractions, Field of Screams is a show that must not be missed. The Horrifying Haunted Hayride will be the most disturbing ride of your life through thick rows of corn. The distorted Den of Darkness will leave you trembling in fear. The Frightmare Asylum is packed full of demented doctors and nasty nurses just waiting to treat you. And the wicked woods of The Nocturnal Wasteland will give you lasting nightmares. Described by many as the Haunted Attraction with the Ultimate Atmosphere, enjoy your time in between the Haunts in our impressive Entertainment Area full of additional entertainment, games, food, photo booth, and souvenir shop. PREPARE TO BE TERRIFIED.
11. Factory Of Terror - Canton, Ohio - www.FOTOhio.com: The Factory of Terror in Canton, Ohio has won the Guinness World Record 3 times as the Longest Indoor Haunted Attraction in the world. Entering into our 17th season, the Factory is filled to the brim with unbelievable scenery, jaw-dropping special effects, and terrifying actors. Located inside an abandoned 150,000 sq. ft. aluminum foundry, we feature 5 full attractions totaling over a mile in length. In addition, we offer concessions, merchandise, multiple photos ops, and restrooms for our guests’ convenience. Also available on the premises are 7 escape rooms.
12. Nightmare on 13th - Salt Lake City, Utah - www.nightmareon13th.com: Nightmare on 13th has been scaring guests for 28 years. It has been regarded as one of the Top Haunted Attractions in the nation and is well known for constantly changing. The creators of the Nightmare on 13th work year around to create highly realistic sets and over the top special effects that their guests have come to expect. This year’s Nightmare is no exception, it takes you to the darker side of Halloween.
The new and improved Nightmare Courtyard will be your first stop. Once inside, you will encounter the legendary story of Sleepy Hollow, tread carefully or you may just lose your head. Back by popular demand, Dark Harvest has returned for its revenge. And finally why do the sewers echo with laughter and smell of cotton candy? IT is here! All this and much more will prove to you why Nightmare on 13th is truly Utah’s Legendary Haunted Attraction.
13. USS Nightmare - Newport, Kentucky - www.ussnightmare.com: Now in its 25th season, The USS Nightmare is Greater Cincinnati’s longest running haunted attraction and the only haunt located on the Ohio River on a former steam-powered dredging vessel. During its 25-year history, The USS Nightmare has been annually recognized both regionally and nationally as a top-rated haunted attraction—most recently rated #4 by The Scare Factor. The haunted dredge boat tour consists of more than 40 scenes spread out over 20,000 square feet with movie quality makeup, special effects, lighting and sound. During the 30+ minute tour, faint-of-heart guests can opt-out by locating one of the 6 possible escape routes.
The story of The USS Nightmare begins many years ago when the former dredging vessel, the William S. Mitchell, mysteriously broke free from its moorings wreaking havoc for miles down the river. Although no one was thought to be aboard at the time, the boat's eventual demise revealed a much different story.
The USS Nightmare is the resurrection of the William S. Mitchell. The boat is in the exact condition it was left in the aftermath of the Mitchell Massacre. To this very day, anyone who enters is tormented by the sinister past of this former dredging vessel – including the cast and crew of our haunted dredge boat tour.
Icons of The Haunted Attraction Industry - Hauntworld Names the Top 10 Icons of the Haunted House Industry. See which haunted attractions currently in operation are named the ten biggest ICON haunted attractions.
Hauntworld ranks the top scary places in America to get SCARED and Scream 2022. The best and top rated haunted houses, and Halloween Attractions in America. Did we rank a haunted house near you find out by clicking on this article.
Are you ready to experience the best haunted house in America? How deep into the depths of The Darkness can you plunge before your next breath is your last? The all new Darkness Haunted House, located in Soulard, off South Broadway in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, has been rated as America's BEST haunted house.
Hauntworld ranks the top scary places in America to get SCARED and Scream 2021. The best and top rated haunted houses, and Halloween Attractions in America. Did we rank a haunted house near you find out by clicking on this article.
Hauntworld rates the top 13 best and scariest haunted houses in America. Hauntworld rates and reviews the scariest, best, longest, haunted houses and Halloween Attractions in America 2020.
Hauntworld rates the top 13 best and scariest haunted houses in America. Hauntworld rates and reviews the scariest, best, longest, haunted houses and Halloween Attractions in America 2018.
Read Review and Ratings of Headless Horseman Haunted Hayride located in New York. Headless Horseman features hayrides, haunted houses and much more.
Creepyworld Haunted Screampark is America's biggest haunted attraction with over 13 attractions including a haunted hayride. Learn more and read the review click here.
Escape From Blood Prison in Mansfield Ohio site of one of the single most famous Prisons in Hollywood History ( Ohio State Reformatory) famous of the film "The Shawshank Redemption". Now its one of the biggest scariest haunted houses in America. Read about Escape from Blood Prison!
Haunted House Review The Queen Mary's Dark Harbor is Los Angles California's biggest, scariest and most haunted real haunted house. Read the full review of this haunted attraction click here.
Hauntworld explores ways to help haunted house owners DOUBLE revenue, while opening their haunts YEAR AROUND! Make sure you like and subscribe to our Hauntworld Youtube Channel. Please lea
Hauntworld visited a haunted house in Arkansas - Come with us as we go behind the scenes at Warehouse of Fear! We learn their secrets to turning their haunted house into a year around busi
Hauntworld takes you thru the entire 2023 Oddities Expo to learn what this show could offer a Haunted Attraction owner. Larry Kirchner explores the show and talks about highlights, and why haunt
Hauntworld goes behind the SCREAMS at Nashville Nightmare haunted house. We go behind the scenes, we learn the secrets of one of the nations biggest indoor haunted attractions. Follow Haun
Hauntworld proudly announces an all-new series of videos called 'Walking and Talking' Industry expert Larry Kirchner and sometimes guests will walk around town exploring new sights while
Hauntworld visited the annual Transworld Haunted House and Halloween tradeshow. We captured the entire show on video and uploaded to the Hauntworld Youtube Channel. We go thru the entire s
The Darkness opened during the Transworld Haunted House tradeshow with a behind the screams tour. If you missed the show or the tour watch the video below which highlights a complete recap.
Go behind the scenes at Transworld Haunted House Tradeshow - Day 2 of the Set up. See a sneak peek of all the latest Haunted House props, costumes, animations and more. Watch the video bel
The Darkness haunted House announced a behind the SCREAMS tour of The Darkness Haunted House during the Transworld Haunted House Tradeshow. The Darkness will open for ONE NIGHT ONLY February 3rd
Transworld annual Haunted House - Escape Room - Christmas Attraction show is just around the corner February 2 thru 5th, 2023. This will be the biggest show in their history. Learn all the